MrMoonsHouse

Bring back Death Audio?

I feel the abrupt cut of the audio after death takes away some of the best moments I've had in the game. It added so much to be able to hear what was going on after death, the talking or plotting of whoever killed you, the voice of the person you'd been traveling with the past few hours who just betrayed you, the voices of your squad mates panicking, or even just the sudden gunshot ringing in your ear of the shot that killed you. You rarely even hear the gunshot that kills you now leaving you feeling empty inside asking..wtf? Death is just so anticlimactic now.

I can't really come up with any good reason to not have this back in the game, and countless reasons to bring it back. This is one of those small things I feel really added a lot to DayZ, it was something no other game really has, it at least gave some closure to each adventure. I'd like it to go back to the way it was, just my opinion.

-Moon

https://youtu.be/HY8mOw7-RT8?t=1484

• Like 1

I remember the first time i bled out, i floated out of my character and ended up looking down upon him laying on the ground as my screen faded to black and the sound of nature played in the back. It kind of blew my mind, Reminded me of the movie "Enter the void". Wish Dayz would do that everytime you died from blood loss & starvation, ext (slow death). Does the floating thing not happen anymore aswell? that would be disapointing. However if you get shot i totally see why the visuals should cut out instantly once you die, i agree with the audio staying a few seconds longer. How dope would it be if there was a gunshot wound death animation based on where you get shot, for example you get shot in the body and instead of dying right away, you have that final moment to yourself as you franticly fall over & groan in agony till you fade out into the void. 

Edited by Robzom11
  • Like 1

Something like this would be nice (with outside sound of the environment player etc) skip to 2:13 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

franticly fall over & groan in agony till you fade out into the void

..er .. what happens if someone blows your brain out with a shotgun ?  - not much floating, I guess ?
sniper headshot DEAD even before the sound of the bullet reaches your corpse = DayZ realism

.. & does it depend what religion you are ?

Edited by pilgrim*
~

1 hour ago, MetalHead2112 said:

@liquidcactus Where is that from ? Dayz SA or the Arma 2 mod ?

It's days sa footage with sound design and other concepts ontop that someone made from 5 years ago. Alot of what was in this video sound was is now in the game ^_^

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

..er .. what happens if someone blows your brain out with a shotgun ?  - not much floating, I guess ?
sniper headshot DEAD even before the sound of the bullet reaches your corpse = DayZ realism

Near death experiences are documented by reputable people and reported frequently by people who flatline and die then come back, doesn't mean it's a spiritual expeirence, although i dont hold animosity towards the idea or people who might think it is... Very well could be hallucinations. Oh and if my head got shot off it would be ALOT floaty, yours only tiny floaty tho, don't ask why. Realistically though floating after dying in a gun fight might give an advantage to your friends obviously, but i never said anything about floating after getting shot, i said floating only for slow deaths (dehydration, ext.) 

Edited by Robzom11

10 hours ago, MrMoonsHouse said:

the voice of the person you'd been traveling with the past few hours who just betrayed you

Not sure if I really would want to hear his voice after I just got backstabbed...

30 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Not sure if I really would want to hear his voice after I just got backstabbed...

Atleast you would have somewhat of a conclusion as 2 what happened, but i get what your saying lol.

12 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

That’s realistic for a shot to the head, but shots to other parts wouldn’t always be instant. I do like the idea of slowly fading out.. For the impatient people amongst us, I don’t think it would need to take much longer than the current respawn time.