Nick Moro

Apart from the duplication stuff is this game worth getting on the xbox at the moment?

I know there is hate going on about the duplication stuff. But I've been thinking of buying this game for a while and just wondering if it's worth it as it's on sale 30% off right now.

It's not worth 60$, barely worth 35$. Mind as well get it on the low while you can tho.

YES

There's nothing quite like it on xbox.

BUT

That's my opinion.

Edited by bandito6000

lol. DayZ on xbox???? Have fun with 25 frames and bugs everywhere. Cant even imagine how bad it is on xbox when PC is so broken in some ways. Sell the xbox, save the $ and wait to buy a PC. It will be way worth it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Yeah it’s a good game very rewarding at times but also very frustrating.Duping don’t help but there’s plenty of other stuff to keep you interested.

Theres more to it than just guns

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Prestige-f357f3e9cca79592 said:

lol. DayZ on xbox???? Have fun with 25 frames and bugs everywhere. Cant even imagine how bad it is on xbox when PC is so broken in some ways. Sell the xbox, save the $ and wait to buy a PC. It will be way worth it.

Well you can completely ignore this guys opinion as he clearly hasn't played it on xbox. Not entirely sure why he's even commenting as he has no clue what he's talking about. 

Game runs great, yes there are bugs. But still an amazing game. Not entirely sure why buying a pc is good advice from a guy that's just said its broken on pc. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 4

Lots of issues, I'd wait till things are looking better, but then again i didn't wait and i mostly exclusively play this game atm. If you can see past the at times bad frames and bugs, its worth it. I personally never liked playing games where fps wasn't smooth 60, this game i give an exception for though because as boring as not seeing someone for 20 minuites or 3 hours can be, the moments when you do see someone are worth it all. With that being said, if you really like the one life survival idea and you can manage having bad fps aswell as bugs, then i would grab it.

4 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

It's not worth 60$, barely worth 35$. Mind as well get it on the low while you can tho.

Coming from a guy who has been playing it since release. 

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Nick Moro said:

I know there is hate going on about the duplication stuff. But I've been thinking of buying this game for a while and just wondering if it's worth it as it's on sale 30% off right now.

DayZ is the best hardcore survival experience you’ll find on console.

Duping and bugs aside, this game will offer some of the most unique experiences in gaming. 

As someone who has over 500 hours invested, I can easily see myself pouring another 500 in.

This game alone has ruined many other shooter/survival games for me, and that’s just fine..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Well you can completely ignore this guys opinion as he clearly hasn't played it on xbox. Not entirely sure why he's even commenting as he has no clue what he's talking about. 

Game runs great, yes there are bugs. But still an amazing game. Not entirely sure why buying a pc is good advice from a guy that's just said its broken on pc. 

I agree with this. I have it on xbox X and pc and theres no difference gameplay wise. I didn't really find many bugs while playing on xbox that don't also exist on pc but if your not expecting a highly polished AAA game but rather a excellent survival game that's a lot more involved than it first appears then theres no equal on xbox.

Saying all that, im only playing on pc now as theres the option of mods and community servers if you want.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

Coming from a guy who has been playing it since release. 

Lol. Haven't played for a while now. And I got it gifted lol. 

• Like 1

I got it today and it actually holds up pretty good. There's a few lag spikes and freezes now and there but it's not crazy like everyone's making it sound like to be. The inventory can get a bit annoying but it seems like patch 1.03 will do something about that. Food and water can be hard to find when you first spawn in. So far it's been a decent experience that's felt completely different to any other game in xbox so far. Yes there's some bugs and glitches but after play ark when it first came out years ago I think I can handle it

12 minutes ago, Nick Moro said:

I got it today and it actually holds up pretty good. There's a few lag spikes and freezes now and there but it's not crazy like everyone's making it sound like to be. The inventory can get a bit annoying but it seems like patch 1.03 will do something about that. Food and water can be hard to find when you first spawn in. So far it's been a decent experience that's felt completely different to any other game in xbox so far. Yes there's some bugs and glitches but after play ark when it first came out years ago I think I can handle it

The xbox inventory is better than pc until very recently. On pc you had to manually place items and try and fit them in a space. Xbox does it for you (once you’ve chosen which bit to store in). Pc have only just now got the option to rotate items so everything fits.

Food and water on a new spawn….. check every boat you see on the beach. They usually have either food/drink/bag/torch etc.

One thing to warn you about. Be prepared to lose everything. Its perma death and theres nothing worse than getting killed on sight by a player after you spent all day collecting stuff. Assume everyone is out to kill you and saying Hi on a mic can be the difference between getting shot and something more positive

Edited by andysuter
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, andysuter said:

The xbox inventory is better than pc until very recently. On pc you had to manually place items and try and fit them in a space. Xbox does it for you (once you’ve chosen which bit to store in). Pc have only just now got the option to rotate items so everything fits.

Food and water on a new spawn….. check every boat you see on the beach. They usually have either food/drink/bag/torch etc.

One thing to warn you about. Be prepared to lose everything. Its perma death and theres nothing worse than getting killed on sight by a player after you spent all day collecting stuff. Assume everyone is out to kill you and saying Hi on a mic can be the difference between getting shot and something more positive

Yea bruh ive died twice from blackout cause I was swinging away at zombies without realizing that my stamina bar was  low 🤣. I'm guessing you need a knife to get meat from animals because the sharp stone didn't work. But yea I've learnt a few times now that to not get to attached to your equipment cause you could lose it all in seconds. The only thing I wish for is the bed spawn feature like in every other game but maybe they should add a 5 mins redrawn timer if you want to use the bed. I don't know I just reckon that'll annoy a lot of players spawning back at the beach

3 minutes ago, Nick Moro said:

Yea bruh ive died twice from blackout cause I was swinging away at zombies without realizing that my stamina bar was  low 🤣. I'm guessing you need a knife to get meat from animals because the sharp stone didn't work. But yea I've learnt a few times now that to not get to attached to your equipment cause you could lose it all in seconds. The only thing I wish for is the bed spawn feature like in every other game but maybe they should add a 5 mins redrawn timer if you want to use the bed. I don't know I just reckon that'll annoy a lot of players spawning back at the beach

We definitely don't want the bed spawn idea on dayz. This isn't minecraft. When you die, you die. Start new life. Permadeath. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

We definitely don't want the bed spawn idea on dayz. This isn't minecraft. When you die, you die. Start new life. Permadeath. 

Actually a lot of survival games have it and since the map is so big it could probably benefit from it. That's why I said at least add in a decent respawn delay if you use it. It's just a idea though

14 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

But i can see why people wouldnt want it cause without a selected respawn location it forces players to be smart and value their life. 

Edited by Nick Moro

18 minutes ago, Nick Moro said:

But i can see why people wouldnt want it cause without a selected respawn location it forces players to be smart and value their life. 

Exactly, the longer you live and the more gear you have, the more cautious you become. This can also be your downfall sometimes too though. Sometimes you just need to get in, balls out. Watch TheRunningManZ, he's not a kill on sight player, but he runs towards the sound of gunfire, not away! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nick Moro said:

Actually a lot of survival games have it and since the map is so big it could probably benefit from it. That's why I said at least add in a decent respawn delay if you use it. It's just a idea though

Yes they do, and I don't mean to sound dismissive of your idea. But games like Ark and minecraft invest a lot of time in base building and it makes sense to retain a sense of continuity. Dayz, in my opinion, is a more nomadic approach to survival. Just an opinion though and interesting to debate it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nick Moro said:

That blackout you mention is actually from the zombies knocking you unconscious. If you take a lot of damage quickly, be it from zombies, non lethal shots, fall damage, or loss of blood, you will fall unconscious for around 20 seconds.

2 hours ago, Nayte said:

That blackout you mention is actually from the zombies knocking you unconscious. If you take a lot of damage quickly, be it from zombies, non lethal shots, fall damage, or loss of blood, you will fall unconscious for around 20 seconds.

Oh damn well that proves I'm a noob aha. So I'm guessing if I get hit to much the best thing for me to do is run in a building?

16 minutes ago, Nick Moro said:

Oh damn well that proves I'm a noob aha. So I'm guessing if I get hit to much the best thing for me to do is run in a building?

Exactly, running into a building or locking them in is often times a must if you’re dealing with more than two or three.

You’ll also notice some of the helmets will provide a bit extra concussive protection.

Hell yea it's worth it!! Look im a person that started out with Halo moved to COD, specifically Modern warfare 2, then just really ehh not feeling many games after until PUBG I remember the rewarding feeling after getting a kill or the tense battle leading to a chicken dinner and fell in love with that game but I honestly thought it would take 10 years for another game to come out that I loved that much.  Well i was wrong i started playing Dayz about a month ago maybe longer and I haven't even thought about PUBG or any other game for that matter. This is the type of game you want to take off work for.  The duping and server hopping sucks yea but I've found most dupers gunfighting skills are trash do you can beat them out and take their weapons. I think this game will only get better and better, it is weird at first because you don't really know how to do anything and they don't explain much but once you figure it out and if you get done friends to play with you are gonna be really happy you played this game

Xbox One has plenty of survival games, however none is more hardcore than DayZ, definitely a game that hooks you up, we talk a lot of shit about the game, but in the end we talk becuase we care, because we want to see this game being a sucess on the platform.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2019 at 12:00 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I cannot believe you say it is good on xbox. It is nothing compared to pc. The game is buggy as fuck on PC and XBOX. Both version are broken in ways. 30 fps is NOT running GREAT. I would blow my brains out playing at 30 fps. I cant believe people are saying xbox version is better than pc...This is fuckin crazy. And yes, I do know what im talking about. I run a modded server and have 500+ hours in SA and over 8k in the arma series.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1