Sign in to follow this  
IamThatMfMrColwyn

No PvP/Friendly fire servers

I was wanting to know if there was any plans in the future, for a no PvP set of servers. Servers that players can't harm other players. If there aren't any plans for this, would players be interested in something like this, and would this take away for the experience of the game. I enjoy the game as is, but would also like to see something along the lines of this implemented, but feel like without dangers, other than the infected, surviving the wilderness, etc. the game would be lacking. It still needs enemies, but seems to make human players less than trusting, and hostile. I think that is in some ways the dayz mentality, but also want some cooperation some of the time. I was thinking NPC combatants, on these no PvP type of servers, would maybe make up for the loss of the other humans as enemies. 

• Haha 1

PvP is half of the game.  Humans ARE less than trusting.  I don't think this game is for you.  Maybe Farm Simulator is more up your alley.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Stagman70 said:

PvP is half of the game.  Humans ARE less than trusting.  I don't think this game is for you.  Maybe Farm Simulator is more up your alley.

Thank you for your thoughts, I was just suggesting a way to expand the game and add to the experience. I didn't in any way suggest there would no longer be PvP servers, it would serve as a way to have co-op. Players have the choice of which type of servers they enter. I am only repeating an idea that I saw from the Xbox community. Someone trying to start a no kill on sight server, so I'm not the only player who would like to see something like this. Personally, I would like to see servers with both, human and AI enemies. I feel their isn't enough bases to raid, or bandits/enemies with guns to have gunfights with, because no one wants to take the time building, when it can't be adequately protected, due to glitches and exploits in the game. 

Also, when farming simulator has guns, zombies, and other players to have shootouts with, it would probably be a pretty cool game, because the farming in this game is kind of lacking, but that's another topic. 

• Beans 1

I can't really see the Xbox standalone version getting anywhere near a PvE environment without community owned servers - which I don't think will happen.

You would probably benefit from buying a PC and going on the modded versions - plenty of options and PvE servers available across lots of maps. I play both PC and Xbox and the PC Modded versions are outstanding in the area you are looking for.

I get where youre coming from and am more interested in the survival side of things. However, ive come to realise that the greatest threat is other players and that’s what makes it great. If you want less KOS stuff, join a roleplay server but most of them still have KOS from players playing as bandit types. Its fairly realistic to be fair…. Imagine if the world does go to hell, not everyone will be walking around with flowers in their hair and singing happy songs.

Edited by andysuter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IamThatMfMrColwyn said:

when farming simulator has guns, zombies, and other players to have shootouts with, it would probably be a pretty cool game,

Well played, sir.  Well played.

1 hour ago, andysuter said:

I get where youre coming from and am more interested in the survival side of things. However, ive come to realise that the greatest threat is other players and that’s what makes it great. If you want less KOS stuff, join a roleplay server but most of them still have KOS from players playing as bandit types. Its fairly realistic to be fair…. Imagine if the world does go to hell, not everyone will be walking around with flowers in their hair and singing happy songs.

There is a post on the forum about one RP server that I'd like to check out.  Does anybody have a list of WHICH OTHER servers focus on RP?

1 hour ago, IamThatMfMrColwyn said:

I feel their isn't enough bases to raid, or bandits/enemies with guns to have gunfights with, because no one wants to take the time building, when it can't be adequately protected, due to glitches and exploits in the game.

I think there are plenty of bases and bandits on DayZ Xbox, jump onto one of the high population servers and all along the coast there will be bandits with duped gear and "bases" in buildings but equally alot inland not far from "wood spawning" locations which are everywhere, you would need to travel the map alot to find these bases though, in the past week I have come across three very big bases that I'm still scouting out "planning" but they are not all in the same location of the map which requires quite a bit of travelling, so I do alot of "planning" prior regarding ammo, weapons, food and route to take and then there are alot of players inland also that seem to be friendly but some not that friendly depending on what they are looking for and what your character is kitted with "Bandits"😀

I dont build bases until base hopping is fixed, but I do stash gear "common gear" if anyone is wondering from looting the odd times I need to and then go base hunting, thats what I do mostly on DayZ and the odd searching of these "urban building" commando's that camp the main streets, water pumps etc... along the way, but currently there is plenty of bases/bandits on DayZ servers.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this