Sign in to follow this  
IamThatMfMrColwyn

Night time server hopping

Question

I noticed that most players want to swap servers at night due to the fact they are unable to see, and jump back and forth between servers staying in the light. I will join into a low populated server, it would be night and when the sun rose the server would fill up. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if maybe something about the visibility issues at night could be done to help these players stay on servers without the need to swap back and forth, so they might get to spend more time playing, instead of waiting at loading screens. I still have the old Xbox One, and experience a lot of lag issues, so I continue playing on the servers at night, it is a little more difficult to see, but have less lag. Adjusting my brightness settings helped. 

4 answers to this question

Yes, its called server hopping and admitidly when I was xbox I used to do it to. Most xbox players are sat in their lounge or bedroom on a tv screen and want to be entertained while playing. At night, its not very user friendly and usually ends up just the hardcore players staying on during the dark. Some even prefer the dark. Xbox players are typically more casual than pc players where the night time drop off isn’t as bad from what ive seen. Some PC servers have server locked characters too meaning you cant server hop

1 hour ago, andysuter said:

Yes, its called server hopping and admitidly when I was xbox I used to do it to. Most xbox players are sat in their lounge or bedroom on a tv screen and want to be entertained while playing. At night, its not very user friendly and usually ends up just the hardcore players staying on during the dark. Some even prefer the dark. Xbox players are typically more casual than pc players where the night time drop off isn’t as bad from what ive seen. Some PC servers have server locked characters too meaning you cant server hop

With the next patch update, if any players manage to get the night vision then that could reduce server hopping where night time is an issue for them on DayZ, I like the night , yeah its dark but I use the map, know where I am then travel via compass but looting towns is also for me easier as the Z's dont get all that agroed and can move closer around them, but with NV coming in, the "urban building" commando's is what I like to call them will also have an advantage in the dark 😀

On 5/24/2019 at 7:50 AM, FearFokkol said:

With the next patch update, if any players manage to get the night vision then that could reduce server hopping where night time is an issue for them on DayZ, I like the night , yeah its dark but I use the map, know where I am then travel via compass but looting towns is also for me easier as the Z's dont get all that agroed and can move closer around them, but with NV coming in, the "urban building" commando's is what I like to call them will also have an advantage in the dark 😀

Then night will be impossible to play for those of us that DON'T dupe gear.  I will guess it will take less that 12 hours after the next update for NVGs to be duped into extinction.

12 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

Then night will be impossible to play for those of us that DON'T dupe gear.  I will guess it will take less that 12 hours after the next update for NVGs to be duped into extinction.

Yeah that would be quite a big issue during night time on DayZ, but I wonder if the NVG wouldn't be a rare/very rare item in DayZ, I dont think the NV scope for KAM/VSD is rare as I have come across quite a few of them recently only thing it to find a weapon that it can attach to, possibly BI can update the new patch with the option to attach this scope or any scope to any rifle using duct tape 🙂