Box of Demons

[video] tell me how I can improve.. love it but die a lot.

- - I posted this in the gallery but think would of been a better place. - -

I always die in game, usually I do not see the enemy and don't have even one kill to my name.,  how better could I of handled this short game play video.

Would like some feedback and constructive tips. Even though I die a lot I really enjoy this game and want to learn from the more experienced players.
Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDqCwYxCzPE

Box of demons.

PS.

This game NEEDS Smoke grenades, grenades, 203 launcher, and vaulting...

Edited by Box of Demons
Added PS.

First of all, if you think you saw something, assume you did rather than not. It keeps you alert, on your toes and ready when in fact there actually was someone. It might make you paranoid sometimes but I'm rather paranoid than getting dunked on. Second, try not to go loud. The louder you are, the bigger the target you make out of yourself. Also, try not to screw around too much in high risk area's like military camps/bases. In case of the mine, just leave it there, specially if you heard it just getting armed. Oh, and a very big tip, play on 1st person servers. It's clear as day that the guy knew you were there and was on the roof for a while, waiting until someone got blown up by that mine. Even though he had the chance to shoot you a few times, he waited until you were in an open space, while of course peaking in 3rd person. Of course this is personal preference but I find that it enhances my PvP experience greatly. Finally, never stay still too long in a military camp/base, don't give them that golden opportunity to pop one in your head.

I do saw 2 great things though. That was the fact that you immediately ran to cover, the second you got shot at. Also the fact that you immediately shot back at the guy because that puts pressure on the person, even though you most likely won't hit him, which in this case you actually did. Unfortunately the pressure and the hit didn't faze him and he kept shooting instead of retreating or repositioning.

Keep in mind, no firefight in DayZ is ever the same. Your decisions depends on the situation. Sometimes you actually want to break one of these tips or tops in order to get an edge or make a play. You'll get more experienced the more you play.

• Beans 1

You are too tactical and too slow 🙂

Too much window of oppertunity to get shot

Thanks guys. Some great advice there. Love the your too tactical lol...  I was hoping the zombies would blow the mines up and he would think it was me and come in... then i could shoot him..
Do mines actually work? With no seeing anyone for hoouurrsss was interesting to actually get into some combat.

Thanks appreciated.

35 minutes ago, Box of Demons said:

Do mines actually work?

Humans yes, but not on zombies - I tried . .

Edited by aux7

Firstly, hello to another yorkshireman!

In my short time with the game ive learnt that military bases are usually gonna mean you dont come out alive. They are usually occupied by campers, just waiting for lone wolfs like you to sneak about, collect all the loot, after which they just pick you off as they know where youre going to exit from etc.

If you play tactical (which is the best policy but not in military bases (these are quick in and outs), the best way is to just get some high ground or view over the base first. Sit for 5/10 mins and watch movement. You'll usually spot some. You can then either take the other players out from a distance or decide its not worth the risk and move on.

It then depends on your playstyle. If you want a gun battle game, then DayZ  is brutal.....it can all be over so quickly, even for experienced players

• Like 1

Ayooup nar then, Cool thanks. Hard to get attached to your character and lose it. I see soooo few people out there it can become a tad boring. 

3 hours ago, andysuter said:

Firstly, hello to another yorkshireman!

In my short time with the game ive learnt that military bases are usually gonna mean you dont come out alive. They are usually occupied by campers, just waiting for lone wolfs like you to sneak about, collect all the loot, after which they just pick you off as they know where youre going to exit from etc.

If you play tactical (which is the best policy but not in military bases (these are quick in and outs), the best way is to just get some high ground or view over the base first. Sit for 5/10 mins and watch movement. You'll usually spot some. You can then either take the other players out from a distance or decide its not worth the risk and move on.

It then depends on your playstyle. If you want a gun battle game, then DayZ  is brutal.....it can all be over so quickly, even for experienced players

25 minutes ago, Box of Demons said:

Ayooup nar then, Cool thanks. Hard to get attached to your character and lose it. I see soooo few people out there it can become a tad boring. 

Yeah ive been through that and am still am, especially when youve found some decent gear. After a while though you start to become a bit less bothered as most say it doesnt take too long to get all the gear back. Feel free to send me a request on steam and you can join me and another player (we try and avoid bases though) 

id andysuter1972

Gonna a have to totally agree with IMT. Play on first person servers. It completely balances the gameplay, as you dont have to worry about who is watching you behind an object. 

Always be moving. Never stop moving if you can avoid it. If you have to stop moving for any reason make sure you are concealed. I cant tell you hie many times prey has gotten away from me because I couldn't risk the shot and they were not a static target. Overall, being slow or taking too long in DayZ is a death sentence.

Shooting the infected should be used only as a last resort because the sound echos and gives your position away to those in a large area around you.  Use your fists on the infected if you don't have a melee weapon to kill them with, otherwise trap them inside buildings or storage containers if you have too many of them near you.  Only shoot them if you're surrounded by them and being whacked by more than one at a time, because at that point, you're risking unconsciousness followed quickly by death.

Every time you fire a weapon, you should then be relocating to a different area, because it's basically you announcing "I'm over here guys!"  If you shoot and kill a player, don't assume you're safe -- flank away from that area and keep an eye out for his possible buddies nearby -- after scoping it out for a minute or two, at that point move in to loot the corpse, but do it quickly and then move away, find cover and sort out your new loot in a not-so-hot location.

In this case, you made it very simple for the guy who killed you as he heard you shooting at all the infected, so he knew exactly where you were and positioned himself accordingly and just waited for you to either blow yourself up on the mine or exit the building.

Related to what IMT said earlier, you should have taken cover the moment you suspected you saw someone because better safe than sorry.  If you had retreated slightly and found cover, you might have been able to turn the tables, scope out his position and perhaps be the one getting the kill in that case.