Derleth

Car persistency on 1.03

So, since 1.03 there are reports/rumours of cars despawning left and right after being left unattended just a day or two. I've noticed many new cars spawning here and there on my server which should mean they despawned from elsewhere. In the 1.03 types.xml all cars have their lifetime set to 3. Now they obviously don't despawn after only three seconds, so what does this actually mean? Did someone mess up when copy/pasting and it is supposed to be 3,888,000 as with all other persistent items, or does the value "3" have some other significance?

Does anybody know? I've been looking for answers here and there and drawn a blank...

• Beans 1

Seen those reports too, and experienced some first hand. Would like to know if this is worked on or fixed internally. 

• Like 1

From what I've seen cars move/take damage on restarts and then get cleaned up by the server

17 hours ago, =UN= Square said:

From what I've seen cars move/take damage on restarts and then get cleaned up by the server

Yeah, I believe some cars that existed before the update became corrupted somehow and are tossed around every restart until completely ruined and cleaned away by the server. I had a 4x4 that had moved about 5 meters after the server was updated to 1.03. One wheel and the trunk door were ruined, and it had a fuel leak. I repaired it and drove to NWAF, before next restart I parked near a concrete wall. After the restart it had jumped over the wall into a tree and was ruined. Managed to salvage some loot and parts but man that was annoying... None of our other assembled cars have had any problems, but I noticed many newly spawned chassis around the map so I'm assuming other cars had been ruined and cleaned up from elsewhere.

It would be interesting to see if this happens to any cars on a fresh/wiped server, in that case it is a bug that really needs looking into. Otherwise I'll write it off as an unfortunate update corruption. (Kind of like when characters had dehydration and multiple bleeding wounds after some update a while back.)