donnyuk78

an open base idea

Good afternoon,

I have been thinking of the idea of an open base for everyone, a safe spot to stay the night if you needed and could exchange items left there. i was thinking about growing food to but it seems these will be wiped with a server reset, which is a shame. i am currently working on this base and it has no locked gates and i know people have been there and know about it but havnt destroyed it. i am hoping this will be the case going forward and i obvs wouldnt be leaving any of my stuff there.  I was wondering what you all think ? is it worth doing. 

Kind regards

DonnyDanger78

• Like 1

It turns out it could be worth growing food after all. 

I think anything you want to do on dayz is worth doing. I think a lot of players judging by the contributors to this forum would probably respect it. But don't be disheartened if a minority decide to dismantle it. The apocalypse is a trying time for all! 

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea, I've not looked at base building yet but knowing there's somewhere to go could add a bit more depth to the game.

Edited by Tino81
Grammar edit
  • Like 2

cheers for the feed back. yea i know that it would probably happen at some point but if the base is open and there nothing really to steal , then maybe they wont bother.... fingers crossed 😂

The base is up high on top of a building anD the amount of time it takes to get up there might put them off but other survivors, if they know about it, might  appreciate it.

i was thinking of putting a fire barrel and a water barrel (if thats possiable?) up there and some lighting as well. Then leaving any scavenged items i don't need there, that they are free to take or exchange.

plus if poss grow food for people to take.

Regards

DonnyDanger78

Edited by donnyuk78
  • Like 1

Would you have players to help guard it from bandits and those pesky cannibals?

7 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

Would you have players to help guard it from bandits and those pesky cannibals?

I don't know to he honest .....i was thinking more come and go as you please kinda base .... And hope no dicks can be arsed with it. 

I was thinking its all our base so defend it if it needs defending. This is up high and more coastal  play so may be they wont be arsed . 😂

#prayforthebase 

15 hours ago, donnyuk78 said:

I don't know to he honest .....i was thinking more come and go as you please kinda base .... And hope no dicks can be arsed with it. 

I was thinking its all our base so defend it if it needs defending. This is up high and more coastal  play so may be they wont be arsed . 😂

#prayforthebase 

It'll make for some interesting encounters that's for sure. It'll be like the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles 😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

It'll make for some interesting encounters that's for sure. It'll be like the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles 😂

I'd say you boys have had enough! 

• Haha 2

Bandits would defs be attracted to a settlement like this. You would have to be prepared and have nothing less than an armed team to be serious about a communial camp site that welcomes strangers.

• Like 3

On 5/23/2019 at 6:05 AM, CharlieLaRoux1 said:

Only thing to do is post a server, I'd be willing to help build. 

You have my shovel 😛

When its up to scratch i will for sure. Been off exploring a lot the past 4 days or so. I've come back recently and once i saw 2 geared players up there and waited till they left and the 2nd time, not long after , i was at the base which is on top of a building, it was night so I've built a fire in the barrel and gone for a cig. Came back and saw some fresh spawn beating me ..... Was stuck and couldn't move. Got done was gutted 😂

That'll teach me to smoke 👍😂

DonnyDanger78

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, donnyuk78 said:

When its up to scratch i will for sure. Been off exploring a lot the past 4 days or so. I've come back recently and once i saw 2 geared players up there and waited till they left and the 2nd time, not long after , i was at the base which is on top of a building, it was night so I've built a fire in the barrel and gone for a cig. Came back and saw some fresh spawn beating me ..... Was stuck and couldn't move. Got done was gutted 😂

DonnyDanger78

Do you map it out on something? I'm currently using the iZurvive app for little things like where the Tundra is and other little bits.

1 hour ago, donnyuk78 said:

DonnyDanger78

LOL , I wouldn't light any fire in the open like that, especially on top of a building and at night, that would just invite all kinds of players and you don't know what "type" of players would pitch up 🤣

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Do you map it out on something? I'm currently using the iZurvive app for little things like where the Tundra is and other little bits.

Use the app at moment and been maping on a note pad whats around me but starting to rememebr places now.... Mostly coast and just up from there.

DonnyDanger78

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

LOL , I wouldn't light any fire in the open like that, especially on top of a building and at night, that would just invite all kinds of players and you don't know what "type" of players would pitch up 🤣

Its in a barrel inside so pretty safe .... I think 😂

1 minute ago, donnyuk78 said:

Its in a barrel inside so pretty safe .... I think 😂

LOL, it does reduce the brightness but not by much, in the dark, players can still see a lit fire barrel from the distance 🙂 🙂

31 minutes ago, donnyuk78 said:

Use the app at moment and been maping on a note pad whats around me but starting to rememebr places now.... Mostly coast and just up from there.

DonnyDanger78

I've started to use the app more now, noting things on there that aren't actually listed.

I'm north at the moment not far from Tisy but trying to avoid mil bases like this until I can hook up with another player(s).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FearFokkol said:

LOL, it does reduce the brightness but not by much, in the dark, players can still see a lit fire barrel from the distance 🙂 🙂

But i top this with a no windows and a door 😂

32 minutes ago, donnyuk78 said:

But i top this with a no windows and a door 😂

Ah ok, then players shouldn't be able to see this then, unless they can see your base from the street in daylight?

Anyway it a great idea, just done know how players would react to finding the base, especially if there are other players about 🙂

• Like 1

I think I like the idea of just boarding up windows in a house and then be able to padlock the door. I wish door locking was persistent, maybe only unlocking of the player who locked it dies.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I think I like the idea of just boarding up windows in a house and then be able to padlock the door. I wish door locking was persistent, maybe only unlocking of the player who locked it dies.

They could have different locks with different temperaments like the padlock, bike lock etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FearFokkol said:

Ah ok, then players shouldn't be able to see this then, unless they can see your base from the street in daylight?

Anyway it a great idea, just done know how players would react to finding the base, especially if there are other players about 🙂

Definitly can be seen from the ground  and has been found , missing some fence panels which is slighyl annoying.

Its not much of a base just fence panels around it, i want it  so its a safe place to just stay the night or if you need to cook or just relax a while, no snipers should be able to get you and if they come up the ladder then you will hear them.....  its along ass ladder 😂

I need to take some of the fences down as the gaps are too big , does anyone know if the panel are taken down do you retain them? or do you lose all the panels?

DonnyDanger78

2 minutes ago, donnyuk78 said:

Definitly can be seen from the ground  and has been found , missing some fence panels which is slighyl annoying.

Its not much of a base just fence panels around it, i want it  so its a safe place to just stay the night or if you need to cook or just relax a while, no snipers should be able to get you and if they come up the ladder then you will hear them.....  its along ass ladder 😂

I need to take some of the fences down as the gaps are too big , does anyone know if the panel are taken down do you retain them? or do you lose all the panels?

DonnyDanger78

If you use a hatchet, you get some nails and planks back

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

yea needs something to be honest locks are pointless at the moment as you can take fence panels down.... pointless locking it.