donnyuk78

Seeds

Good morning,

This is probably a stupid question but when growing seeds do you need to water them? Also do you have water them every day?

I would assume so but you never know in dayZ 👍😂

Kind regards

DonnyDanger78

Edited by donnyuk78

Water them once when you plant them. They will be gone at the next server restart, they're not persistent.

• Like 1

Water, harvest, clean plant matter, then take the pepper or whatever to hand and combine with knife to get more seeds... Start again you will only get one harvest off each planning/watering

• Like 1

As above, plus, the collected debris can be used as fertiliser. I think you can also use lime to fertilise but I've never bothered. I think I also read somewhere that you can use disinfectant spray on the plants if they become diseased, but never tried this. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MetalHead2112 said:

Water them once when you plant them. They will be gone at the next server restart, they're not persistent.

Really? Well thats a shitter.... Kind of ruins my idea. 

Kind Regards

DonnyDanger78

Also water after planting. If you water before planting the seed it will freeze or crash your game currently 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Also water after planting. If you water before planting the seed it will freeze or crash your game currently 

Ah, is that what the pumpkin thread was referring to? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ah, is that what the pumpkin thread was referring to? 

Most likely, not seen many survivors growing food tbh. Did find four guys growing sea chests full of zucchini though, watched them for about forty minutes through my Atog scope as they were  appearing & dissapearing from the server until there was about 15 sea chests. They all had VSD's on there backs too weirdly as I've not seen one spawn in many months. Would have taken the shot but figured why waste bullets when they'll most likely just grow more VSD's. Did grab a few zucchini from a seachest after they left though. Nice to fill my characters belly before I uninstalled the broken ass game.

Edited by TheYetiBum

Hi,

Thanks for the info ... Another question on growing , how long do they take to grow? 

They don't take very long to grow to be honest. Maybe and hour to an hour thirty to fully grown. kinda spoils it really but I bet Asda or Tesco would be interested.

• Haha 1

I'm not even sure it takes that long. The last time I grew crops it took maybe ten minutes. Not sure if it's changed in recent updates but you could grow a ton of food and store it in barrels. 

• Like 1