Josh Towler

Most dangerous?

So been playing since game preview first became available, so far the most dangerous thing on this game is not nighttime, zombies, players, hunger or any other game mechanic. So far lag has killed me more than anything else combined. Lags out, zombies attack, dead character. Sick of getting fully geared ( the hard way before anyone asks) just to lag out and die every time a zombie spots me. Big cities are completely pointless now due to lag, rubber banding and other problems from bad optimization. Love the game but between this and dupers why should we continue to be treated this way? £32 for a broken game at some point 'labor of love' doesn't cut it anymore. Any thoughts?

• Like 2

It pains me to agree, I love the game & know the devs are working hard to fix exploits but there comes a point where it feels almost pointless playing the game. A week after every update or wipe the servers start stuttering really bad as there filling with stashes & gigantic bases faster than intended due to duping & all high level loot starts to stop spawning too. The excitement for me has always been getting geared through crossing the map & grinding for gear. Now that's become pointless & I can just get a shotgun at the coast kill a duper & be geared with an LAR & VSD in thirty minutes, the game feels hollow as that's literally the only way to get those items now. I just don't like being in a game with cheaters, it makes me feel gross tbh. And yes I've died way more times to lag & total frame drops an been beaten  to death by zombies whilst totally unable to even see anything never mind move than killed by other players.  The bad feels are real

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1

That is BY FAR what kills me the most, and it is at the same time the worst and most annoying way to die as you don't have influence on it at all - one second you are fine, then the game lags out and you are dead with absolutely no way to avoid it.

It even happened to me in some smaller towns where it should not have been a problem at all.

And as far as I can reason then it is 100% server-side (it aint the client/xbox/internet as it happens to everyone at the same time,and group-chat and such works fine during which counts internet-burps out too) and its even getting worse from update to update.

It was bad before 1.0, but after 1.0 the lag-outs are way more frequent and waaaay longer - earlier the longest on I've had was about 15 seconds, now its 30-40 and im sick of it.

In a game like this that is NOT okay in any way, it is screwing the player base over and over (without lube even) and not giving out cab-money afterwards, I honestly feel offended by it after so long time.

Devs: You really need to fix this, either invest in some better servers or make it so the world (and the zombies) DOES NOT keep moving while the players are standing still, waiting to die and contemplating the meaning of life.

You got a great fucking game (better then any I know) but its plagued by a few important bugs that fucks it up beyond imagination and to a point where there basically is NO reason at all to go looting up and basically makes the coast a shit-show as everyone refuses to leave it and the inland a barren desert on most servers.

Until you fix it then I will not be complaining about dupers again, they just want to play the game with the functions that are in it that the devs are denying them access to because of bugs that have not been ironed out after waay too long.

Edited by Jonas Levin

5 hours ago, Josh Towler said:

So been playing since game preview first became available, so far the most dangerous thing on this game is not nighttime, zombies, players, hunger or any other game mechanic. So far lag has killed me more than anything else combined. Lags out, zombies attack, dead character. Sick of getting fully geared ( the hard way before anyone asks) just to lag out and die every time a zombie spots me. Big cities are completely pointless now due to lag, rubber banding and other problems from bad optimization. Love the game but between this and dupers why should we continue to be treated this way? £32 for a broken game at some point 'labor of love' doesn't cut it anymore. Any thoughts?

Legit happened to me yesterday. Me and a friend were controlling zelenogorsk for a few days straight. Multiple fights resulting in either victory or the others running away. Had a nice stronghold set up. 

Of course some p*ssy fart server hops into our spot and kills me from behind. I switch to a day time server so I can actually see since night time is absolutely garbage. So I kill myself again and again until I get a cherno spawn. Closest I got was elektro so I ran straight to cherno from there and then north back to zelenogorsk. Hunted for a hatchet all the way up which we desperately needed for our base since I died and lost it. Found the hatchet and made it all the way to 3 houses away from where my buddy spawned into and waited for me. Then I start hearing my own footsteps behind me because of lag. I hear a zombie yell but didnt see one at all. My screen flashes red and health goes down. Still nothing around me. I sprint about 10 yards and my screen freezes. Had to quit the game and restart just to find myself back on the coast as a Asian girl. 

I really do love this game, there's nothing else like it on console right now, but yeah it's a mess. I feel bad for the Devs, we all know they're working hard but it's really ruining the experience at this point and total silence on fixes and patches doesn't instill much confidence. 

Also, is anyone finding cr527s or m70 tundras anymore? Also victims of dupers? 

Fell down a ladder of a radio tower the last time I played. Couldn't stop laughing 😂

14 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Fell down a ladder of a radio tower the last time I played. Couldn't stop laughing 😂

Yup, those ladders are vicious man. I got spat out by one first week of release. Didn't learn my lesson and did it again a week later. Dunno why, but every time I see one, I get an overwhelming urge to climb them! 

• Haha 1