Palmirov

Engine models' similarity in all vehicles

Dear developers!
I guess that everybody has already noticed that all existing vehicles in DayZ SA 1.03 have one and the same engine model, taken from NIVA 4x4 (Offroad Hatchback).
Is this a placeholder for Volga24's and Wolksvagen Golf's engine models? Will it be changed?

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

Edited by Palmirov
  • Like 1

I kind of doubt they will change it, because most players won't notice, or care, and it would take a fair amount of work to create new models. I could be wrong though.

Apart from existing vehicles we did see the planned Multicar with a different engine. Due to the location and size, a different model was more a necessity.

534px-Multicar_2.png?version=56a70547233

The Skoda sedan also has a different engine:

dayz-compact-civilian-sedan-sarka-120-w-

Didn't see for the 1203 van yet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Palmirov said:

Dear developers!
I guess that everybody has already noticed that all existing vehicles in DayZ SA 1.03 have one and the same engine model, taken from NIVA 4x4 (Offroad Hatchback).
Is this a placeholder for Volga24's and Wolksvagen Golf's engine models? Will it be changed?

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

You noticed that about 90% of the structures, ruins and trees in the whole game are the same too, right? 

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

On 5/19/2019 at 5:48 PM, eno said:

You noticed that about 90% of the structures, ruins and trees in the whole game are the same too, right? 

That isn’t the reason to make all the engines the same.

Found a pic of the Civilian Van (Skoda 1203) engine. 

dayz-0-59-civilian-van-3d-model-preview-

13 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Found a pic of the Civilian Van (Skoda 1203) engine. 

dayz-0-59-civilian-van-3d-model-preview-

Well, good to see another engine model.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:56 PM, Palmirov said:

That isn’t the reason to make all the engines the same.

Reason enough for the dev team I guess. 

Want to maybe pick the fuck out of the fact that it takes 40L of oil to run the vehicles? 

Or maybe that my character and that of another character are EXACTLY the same? 

Or that there are only about 15 zombie models? 

Question for you- do you just want everyone to be amazed at the fact that you noticed the engine models are the same or do you actually feel like different engine models will change the game- in the state it's in-  in some awe inspiring way? 

I just want them to add barricading , advanced soft skills , aerial vehicles , bikes / 2 wheeled vehicles , zombie hordes ,drugs like weed alcohol and cigarettes , bears , advanced medical system , did I miss anything ? Wow we still have a looooooooooong way to go ... I guess hooray for the ps4 version though ? Yuck 🤢 .

On 5/28/2019 at 5:45 AM, eno said:

Reason enough for the dev team I guess. 

Want to maybe pick the fuck out of the fact that it takes 40L of oil to run the vehicles? 

Or maybe that my character and that of another character are EXACTLY the same? 

Or that there are only about 15 zombie models? 

Question for you- do you just want everyone to be amazed at the fact that you noticed the engine models are the same or do you actually feel like different engine models will change the game- in the state it's in-  in some awe inspiring way? 

Mate, you are taking about different things. Why don't make all towns and cities alike? Cars are different. So should be the engines, I guess.

shoe sizes are all the same too.. amazing when you find a pair of boots in an abandoned military camp and they ALWAYS fit you
ain't it ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

shoe sizes are all the same too.. amazing when you find a pair of boots in an abandoned military camp and they ALWAYS fit you
ain't it ?

We are taking about prototypes of real cars, my friend. You’ve entered the wrong discussion.

Edited by Palmirov

58 minutes ago, Palmirov said:

real cars

OK - prototypes of real cars with real spark plugs
sorry I spoke

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

OK - prototypes of real cars with real spark plugs
sorry I spoke

I didn’t get the idea, but anyway, if there should not be any difference between car’s engines, so there are several types of ammunition? Like in PUBG: 7.62 for AKM, Kar98, SCAR-H, etc. Who the hell cares about it?

19 hours ago, Palmirov said:

I didn’t get the idea, but anyway, if there should not be any difference between car’s engines, so there are several types of ammunition? Like in PUBG: 7.62 for AKM, Kar98, SCAR-H, etc. Who the hell cares about it?

So I go back to my original question- are you just so proud of yourself for noticing that the engine models are the same that you feel you need to make a big deal about it or does this similarity actually impact your game play experience so much that you broke 2 years of silence in the forums to address it? 

Rhetorical. 

Devs have much bigger problems to worry about than engine types for the cars.  I am happy that making the console push was so important to the development that they decided to screw the pc community over 

Edited by Guy Smiley

2 hours ago, eno said:

So I go back to my original question- are you just so proud of yourself for noticing that the engine models are the same that you feel you need to make a big deal about it or does this similarity actually impact your game play experience so much that you broke 2 years of silence in the forums to address it? 

Rhetorical. 

And do you proud of yourself for being useless in this topic? Feeling yourself tough? If you don’t like this discussion – why don’t you get something more interesting to do?

I was waiting for the dev’s answers. But, as far as I can see, there won’t be any. 

2 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Devs have much bigger problems to worry about than engine types for the cars.  I am happy that making the console push was so important to the development that they decided to screw the pc community over 

What do you mean by «screw the pc community over»?

1 hour ago, Palmirov said:

What do you mean by «screw the pc community over»?

Look at this last update.  Weight issues.  How does that even get through for this "released" game.  Instead of actually working on making the game on PC function correctly, they are more concerned about pushing half assed updates through so they can work on the console versions.  Fix the main game and give the PC community a finished product then work on the console version.  We are going on 5 and half years and what do we have?  A tech demo with flying cars, bugged out infected, partial mechanics(survival), broken weight system, a glowing magical orb around the character because they cannot fix the lighting at night, and much more.  

On topic, again, engines are the least of the devs concerns right now and that is just a nit pick imo.  I'm sure someone will mod different engines in for the devs

• Beans 1

6 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Look at this last update.  Weight issues.  How does that even get through for this "released" game.  Instead of actually working on making the game on PC function correctly, they are more concerned about pushing half assed updates through so they can work on the console versions.  Fix the main game and give the PC community a finished product then work on the console version.  We are going on 5 and half years and what do we have?  A tech demo with flying cars, bugged out infected, partial mechanics(survival), broken weight system, a glowing magical orb around the character because they cannot fix the lighting at night, and much more.  

On topic, again, engines are the least of the devs concerns right now and that is just a nit pick imo.  I'm sure someone will mod different engines in for the devs

Modding is our salvation. Amen.

On 6/2/2019 at 10:17 AM, Palmirov said:

I was waiting for the dev’s answers.

Beztytuuw_4691585.jpg