Sign in to follow this  
WOLVERlNES

1.03 Stability

Has anyone in the beta testing program been able to test texture loading, lag, and ambient audio issues we experience in 1.02?

Lol if you think there is testing going on. Seriously don't know how M$ is letting these patches get thru. 1.03 on PC is a horrible joke. Go see for yourself.

2 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Lol if you think there is testing going on. Seriously don't know how M$ is letting these patches get thru. 1.03 on PC is a horrible joke. Go see for yourself.

1.03 went to stable too early, they first released it on experimental on last week's friday ? I guess they had 2 exp updates before launching on stable and they are still releasing exp updates even after it.

Maybe they launched early so they could release on Xbox by the end of the month ? (because every update goes to stable before they release on Xbox)

edit: 200 posts, woop doo!!

Edited by MarczXD320
  • Beans 1

On 5/19/2019 at 12:20 AM, Man Parts 241 said:

There is (of course there is, its is pointless to argue otherwise), and it is quite obvious and easy to see yourself if you regularly look at the server-browser.

Usually you can see test-servers (with passwords!) pop up in the server-browser about a week before the updates finally drop on the Xbox and that is what they are for.

Do you seriously think that they just push it out without trying it out first?

Lets try and be a bit more realistic and actually focus the complaints to areas that actually exist.

We can complain a lot about a lot of serious things, but they definitely do test their updates - just like everyone else.

If you had said that they dont test it ENOUGH, then I would probably agree with you though.

And its is not Microsofts choice whether some game-bugs gets let through - their part is making sure the games dont step over certain boundaries, that their collection of data is done correctly and in accordance with the rules about storing personal data plus to make sure that there isn't a backdoor in the game that lets you mess with the Xbox Live-system.

How good a game is and how many bugs that is in it (as long as they dont interfere with Xbox Live-services that is) is not really an issue they are into.

And I have and I am playing 1.03 in my MacBook Air from 2012 (via NVIDIA' Geforce NOW, NVIDIA's game-streaming platform that streams Steam-games to pretty much any old computer as long as you got a solid internet-connection, and its free for the users as long as its still being beta-tested) and except for a few small areas (that can be worked around) I find it to be a really good update with an immense amount of new items and features.

If you expected all of them to drop without ANY kind of new problems then you have not been playing DayZ for long or is optimistic to the point of no return. 😉

Edited by Jonas Levin
Elaborating.

I just started playing DayZ after 1.02 patch, I’m all for new features and items... but with those things should come performance improvements. The server lag near hide-outs are terrible, the textures rendering in too late are jarring which includes optics not loading fast enough—making them unusable at times, the lag during driving and zero engine noise are all game breaking problems that should be prioritized over adding content.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussianReavers said:

I just started playing DayZ after 1.02 patch, I’m all for new features and items... but with those things should come performance improvements. The server lag near hide-outs are terrible, the textures rendering in too late are jarring which includes optics not loading fast enough—making them unusable at times, the lag during driving and zero engine noise are all game breaking problems that should be prioritized over adding content.

We've been saying this since before 1.0.

Their priorities on what needs to be done first is all over the place.

EVERY patch has broken something that was already working. But we should be okay with this because it's the norm for Day Z development or we're just too optimistic, to the point of no return?

Foh, people paying premium price for a shit product with shit devs who do shit work.

• Thanks 1

> Foh, people paying premium price for a shit product with shit devs who do shit work.

And yet here you are, still playing the game, and still bitching.

• Beans 1

Sign in to follow this