Sign in to follow this  
Stagman70

Locked servers

Locked Servers or Not?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see character locked servers?

• Yes
    • No

Would you like to see a percentage of servers be character locked?

• Like 1

This a dead forum. Dead in the sense that there are about 20 regulars who frequent this forum. Reddit is dead too. And the people who do post on Reddit, all they do is post pvp videos/clips.

38 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

This a dead forum. Dead in the sense that there are about 20 regulars who frequent this forum. Reddit is dead too. And the people who do post on Reddit, all they do is post pvp videos/clips.

There's 219,000 users on the forum.  Not TOO dead it would seem.  Anyway, I'm just posing a question, nothing more.

12 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

There's 219,000 users on the forum.  Not TOO dead it would seem.  Anyway, I'm just posing a question, nothing more.

And that means what, exactly? 219k users. 20 active users.

I know you were just posting a question. And I'm not trying to be a dick. Not atm at least.

My reply was just me saying you're not going to get a lot of votes because this is a dead forum.

9 hours 27 views and 3 votes

Shit don't add up.

X/

Edited by Man Parts 241
Looks like you got another vote in the middle of me replying.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Fact. Let's also remember that the players that actually participate in forums are typically the minority. Many of which are very like minded. I'll bet if you gather the entire dayz player base as a whole and asked them to vote, majority would say no to locked servers. Will locked servers help with duping, server hopping into another position to kill someone, and server hopping into a players camp? Yes. 

That's about all it's good for and personally it's not even remotely enough to outweigh the negatives of locking servers. Lock the servers, be prepared to see the playbase for dayz get smaller. 

16 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

And that means what, exactly? 219k users. 20 active users.

I know you were just posting a question. And I'm not trying to be a dick. Not atm at least.

My reply was just me saying you're not going to get a lot of votes because this is a dead forum.

9 hours 27 views and 3 votes

Shit don't add up.

X/

Again, and I don't know how else to get the point across, I am merely taking a non-scientific poll.  Answer it or don't.  I don't care.  Just asking a question.  It's not like if there where 100,000 votes for YES that BI would do anything about it anyway.

• Haha 1

Well done making the poll. Results speak for themselves. 

Locked servers Will remove server hopping which was the number 1 biggest issue until duping came along.

It will make duping harder too. ( just wait until the little pricks get NVGs next update and start shamelessly murdering everyone in the dark with their buried arsenal of ARs

Do it devs.

Easy win for you. 

At least lock the HC FPS servers

Edited by awalsh47

I'm no computer scientist but would it cost the Devs more money to have locked servers?

Surely having to account for a different character on every server would take up more server bandwidth than one character for them all.

14 hours ago, stephen321 said:

I'm no computer scientist but would it cost the Devs more money to have locked servers?

Surely having to account for a different character on every server would take up more server bandwidth than one character for them all.

Don't know, but if so, that would cost them LESS than word of mouth and people NOT BUYING the game in the first place that maybe otherwise WOULD.

Sign in to follow this