Jayden Brigatti

No community servers

I can't find any servers under the community tab, it's been like that for a few days. Is there a fix or am I screwed?

It isn't because I have mods enabled and it isn't because there's a filter mishap.

Are you sure everything is right on your end?  The 1.03 update just went stable on Wednesday.  You might check to see if you are still opted into the experimental branch in your steam settings, as they updated 1.03 before the push to stable.

There is also the possibility of your in-game server browser settings excluding community servers, so you might give that a double-check.

As always, verify game files.  and if that doesn't work, try to reinstall.

Just now, emuthreat said:

Are you sure everything is right on your end?  The 1.03 update just went stable on Wednesday.  You might check to see if you are still opted into the experimental branch in your steam settings, as they updated 1.03 before the push to stable.

There is also the possibility of your in-game server browser settings excluding community servers, so you might give that a double-check.

As always, verify game files.  and if that doesn't work, try to reinstall.

I'm sure. I was never opted into the experimental branch, just stable. The game is updated and I've already verified and fully reinstalled. I have the official servers showing up, it's just the community servers that don't want too. I've also tried using +connect IP:PORT to connect to a server and it told me it was a bad server, as if the versions are different, but they aren't. None of this makes any sense and I'm convinced the devs messed something up at this point.

Check your server browser filters one more time.  Are any of your community servers starred as favorites?  Is the friends playing box checked?  Do you have the ping filter set too low?
How long are you waiting for them to show up?  Sometimes it can take a minute.

12 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Check your server browser filters one more time.  Are any of your community servers starred as favorites?  Is the friends playing box checked?  Do you have the ping filter set too low?
How long are you waiting for them to show up?  Sometimes it can take a minute.

None of them are starred because that's saved locally and after I reinstalled it they'd have been reset, and I haven't found any so definitely none favourited. I have all of the filters said to show and bumped the ping up to 500 though there should be many below 100, and still no servers. It seems to be visual though, as when allowing all those filters, the client starts lagging like it always has when loading a lot of servers at once. Then it eventually stops that lagging and says 0 servers found. It just doesn't want to show them.

Thank you for the suggestions by the way.

Try switching to betas under the steam options, wait for the download; then check to see if you can see and join them.  Switch back and try again. If that doesn't work, try to join a friend off steam, and see if it lets you into the server.

Edited by emuthreat

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Try switching to betas under the steam options, wait for the download; then check to see if you can see and join them.  Switch back and try again. If that doesn't work, try to join a friend off steam, and see if it lets you into the server.

Just tried that and it didn't work, and I don't have any friend that play DayZ.

Looks like it randomly decided to work out of nowhere. When it started working I didn't do anything to cause it so... Weird. If anyone else has the same issue I guess I can't be of much help, sorry.

Use DZSALauncher. It's far superior to the in-game browser, and if you want to join a modded server, it will download all required mods for you!