Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Maciejski

Will my laptop withstand DayZ?

Hi everyone, I'm from Poland and I have one question regarding the processor and my graphics card. I'm afraid that the laptop can not stand on DayZ, so I wanted to make sure before buying it. If he can, he wants to know if I will have lags, and if so, if it is possible to play them normally. How much more or less will I have FPS.

Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

System: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @  1.70GHz, Windows 8, ram 4gb, procesor x64, 64-bit, 

5 hours ago, Arthur Maciejski said:

Hi everyone, I'm from Poland and I have one question regarding the processor and my graphics card. I'm afraid that the laptop can not stand on DayZ, so I wanted to make sure before buying it. If he can, he wants to know if I will have lags, and if so, if it is possible to play them normally. How much more or less will I have FPS.

Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

System: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @  1.70GHz, Windows 8, ram 4gb, procesor x64, 64-bit, 

i think you should be to start the game and join a server. but with this low performance CPU with iGPU you shouldn't get much more than 10fps in average. and i'm not even sure about that.

steam min specs demand a i5 4430 [4x2.7GHz] while the one the "laptop" comes with only has 2x1.7GHz. that's about 40% less singlecore performance (at least, probably more).

and the iGPU that comes with such a CPU is surely not fast either. but at least it supports DX11.2/12.

maybe you can play at a very low resolution (800x600), but you probably wouldn't enjoy it.

Dayz SA will probably not even start with that hardware and if it does, you'll be down to around 1 frame per hour.

Ive played DayZ on a hp pavilion dv5 duo core and 2gb of ram and it only just played it, some lag here and there due to graphics gpu,... this was waay back on 0.50 something like that,... Easiest way to test is to try it out this is the only real way to know for sure if you still have doubts. Im sure it would manage better than my old DV5 did though and with the updated game as well.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS
  • Like 1

I play DayZ PC on an Athlon 64 Dual core 6400+ at 3.21GHz with 8 gig ram & Radeon RX 480 - the internet link is twisted pair (telephone wire) about 8 km to the local exchange and a ping of 17-27 to the first dedicated ISP internet server.
I play DayZ on pc servers regularly with a ping of 70-100 (between France and USA, for instance)  .. with no in-game lag.. in fact I can play up to the limit where the server cuts me off for having ping too high. Ping 35 ping 75 makes NO difference to game reaction - played since the start, (so this is only MY personal view) .. used to lag and rubber-band, BI sorted that .. on PC now it doesn't .. just takes a second for my 3D to build when I log in .. maybe almost TWO seconds ? Then play..
Got the PC out of a bin buried under snow, put in a new chinese CPU and bought a PSU to run the GPU, & some second hand standard system memory off ebay. Ten years ago ? or maybe more? 
GPU must be  a few years old now too .. don't even remember.. it's from a generation or two back.. PC is from the days when 2 cores weren't top-radical anymore (that's why the dude threw it out, I guess)
I dried the snow out till the motherboard was desert standard:  worked fine.

I don't ever get lag or rubber-banding etc (sorry folks). Not my fault.. (sorry again).. it doesn't happen.

Wire up with ethernet, never use wifi.. I put the games  on a little SSD with the OS, dont use it for anything else..
make sure no one on your network  is watching football or downloading or Youtubing or Skyping ..
turn everything background OFF that you can (windows bloody updates and Adobe updates and Office background trash & email checks etc etc etc) tell your antivirus NOT to mess with websites or current files (DayZ has about a million of them, if your AV checks each one every time it opens or closes, you're screwed)
If you're worried about that, run your full antivirus scan after you've played (like while you sleep, ya know?)

Got a 5-core standing next to this PC but never bothered to move DayZ over to that. Totally never felt the need, so play all my games on this one on a mix (I choose) of moderate to high settings and I just use the 5-core for watching opera (good sound system ) - for the games PC I use headset.

I set the GPU to 50fps (60 is too high) and turn the fans & box fans to max.. plenty of air blowing through the box. & it's a big box.
Ive found often with other folk = laptop users =   that overheating is what messes them up. Like at least 50% of laptop owners I've met use them regularly while they're  in bed or it's resting on their knees.  Until it stops and they ask me if I can fix it. Like, who wants a laptop unless you're a old-school traveling salesman or going camping ? When the other first class business suckers are "doing work" on their laptops I'm playing Pokemon on my classic Gameboy Color.. everlasting tech & makes great sounds in the delux rows.

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Haha 1