ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.03.151529

Hello Survivors,

a new Experimental update is out! Check out the patch notes:

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

FIXED

• Fixed: Client error while inspecting an item in the inventory
  • Fixed: Combination Lock could not be detached after a server restart
  • Fixed: Swapping items via quickbar did not work properly
  • Fixed: Headlights could not be detached
  • Fixed: Various functionality issues with DayZ Tools

KNOWN ISSUES

• Able to switch weapons via quickbar without animations being played
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Fixed: Combination Lock could not be detached after a server restart

Does this mean the combination is no longer resetting upon server restarts?

I Build a gate, opened it. But couldn't walk through. This was before I even put the lock on. Didn't do anything special.

This was with Community-Frame and ZomBerry mod loaded. I will try top build one without these mods. I will spawn in the materials and the unload the stuff.

EDIT : However, if you put a lock on the gate and lock it and unlock it, you can walk through. The lock seems to survive a restart as well. If you restart the server with the door unlocked with lock on ground. You can't go through it after the restart. It is a invisible wall. So you need to lock it and unlock to be able to pass.

EDIT 2 : It seems that if you build the log foundation and add the wire, planks,nails into the gate and build. It becomes impassable when you craft the door. But if you build it without the wire in the door, and add the wire when fence fully build and craft gate it becomes passable right away.

The doors that was passable right away after the build and left open,  after a server restart, becomes however impassable after restart again untill you put a lock on it and unlock it.

Edited by Relic77

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Fixed: Swapping items via quickbar did not work properly

This is still a little wonky. If you have item A in your hands and push hot bar key for item B then it tries to put item A in item B's slot instead of where item A came from. This can lead to situations where you can no longer put away things because your inventory space gets scrambled.

48 minutes ago, Relic77 said:

I Build a gate, opened it. But couldn't walk through. This was before I even put the lock on. Didn't do anything special.

This was with Community-Frame and ZomBerry mod loaded. I will try top build one without these mods. I will spawn in the materials and the unload the stuff.

EDIT : However, if you put a lock on the gate and lock it and unlock it, you can walk through. The lock seems to survive a restart as well. If you restart the server with the door unlocked with lock on ground. You can't go through it after the restart. It is a invisible wall. So you need to lock it and unlock to be able to pass.

EDIT 2 : It seems that if you build the log foundation and add the wire, planks,nails into the gate and build. It becomes impassable when you craft the door. But if you build it without the wire in the door, and add the wire when fence fully build and craft gate it becomes passable right away.

The doors that was passable right away after the build and left open,  after a server restart, becomes however impassable after restart again untill you put a lock on it and unlock it.

The Gate is clearly treated as a fence. To get out of the invisible wall, you can deconstruct the lower wall off the gate and crawl through it. Sometimes after building the gate again, I was able to sprint through it after being stuck for a bit. But each server restart or crash reverts it to a invisible wall.

I've noticed it's really difficult to remove any part from the cars. With the hood open, I'm still getting a 🚫 on the battery, plug and radiator. It's also not possible (at least some of the time) to drag attached tires from the car to the player inventory. You have to stand over/beside the tire you want and use the F key to take into hands.

Gates work in Vanilla after building it.

after a Server restart they turn into invisible walls

Edited by Sauwercraud
Added failure after restart

46 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Any word on the server crashes? We've got servers crashing every 15-30 minutes and we're not the only one.

Vanilla Server is stable, it is definitely a Mod Issue. The Trader mod crashed the Server I usually play on. They removed the Locking of Cars and that solved it.

VANILLA SERVER IS STABLE????? YOU CANT BUILD A BASE BECAUSE VANILLA COMMUNITY SERVERS AND OFFICIAL HAS BUGS COMBINATION LOCK RESTART. JESUS

3 hours ago, Sauwercraud said:

Vanilla Server is stable, it is definitely a Mod Issue. The Trader mod crashed the Server I usually play on. They removed the Locking of Cars and that solved it.

Not according to this guy...

On 5/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, idie said:

Good patch Devz, thanks, love it so far.

But I sadly agree with krazikilla,

I've been playing experimental (DE 1PP) the whole (short) time: server crash every 5 minutes.... I was saying to myself "well, yeah need some more fixes", then server down... And 1.03 hit stable...

I'm playing stable now (1PP) on an unmodded server, server crash every 5 minutes like on experimental...

We're getting reports of placing barrels is causing crashes. We've only got administrative mods on and still getting crashes. They're not as often but we're still getting them.

Also, we have 2 servers with the same exact mods, one was crashing every 3-5 minutes, the other one wasn't crashing at all. I have serious doubts it's mod related.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

I got a Leather Sheath (with a combat knife) in my butt... I guess that could be considered as a free slot but it looks funny 🙂

Sometimes the doors don't open , and then you run for few minutes and you moved back to location where you opened the door with lags. Ping was 60 when logged in to server, stable internet speed 50+ mb.

Another HUGE bug is with dead bodies of people , you can't loot many of them, they get in weird position so you have to crawl everywhere around it to get the loot!

Is the gunter 2 spawning? Didn't find any. There should be a complete wipe of the experimental servers so we can properly test what's been added. Thank you.

• Beans 1

Combination locks still dont work, correct code isnt unlocking them, using 4 code combo lock.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:34 AM, Improviso0 said:

Another HUGE bug is with dead bodies of people , you can't loot many of them, they get in weird position so you have to crawl everywhere around it to get the loot!

I have yet to kill another player in all the years that SA has been out, so I can't comment on that, but the zombies have the same problem. 

40 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I have yet to kill another player in all the years that SA has been out, so I can't comment on that, but the zombies have the same problem. 

yes, I am having troubles now, looting zombies is a lot tougher than it needs to be. it was a lot easier before . ..  1.02 I think

I have been testing base building in this build and in the previous builds. Previously there was a bug that the infected could just run through the fences. In this build the infected seem to be climbing over the fence. I wonder if it works now as designed or is this also a bug? If it works as designed, how do you prevent the infected from climbing over the fence... with barbed wire?

18 hours ago, Dorka said:

I have been testing base building in this build and in the previous builds. Previously there was a bug that the infected could just run through the fences. In this build the infected seem to be climbing over the fence. I wonder if it works now as designed or is this also a bug? If it works as designed, how do you prevent the infected from climbing over the fence... with barbed wire?

Barbed wire on top is supposed to stop infected from climbing but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Thank you for your feedback guys.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 12:47 PM, aux7 said:

yes, I am having troubles now, looting zombies is a lot tougher than it needs to be. it was a lot easier before . ..  1.02 I think

Yeah, but thankfully we can move with inventory open now so what I do is open inventory and then move back and forth over the corpse until the container shows up.