Arkensor

DayZ modding priority list

yLhxaPX.jpg

Fellow DayZ modders and players,

Since the introduction of the Enfusion engine to DayZ, we have been keen to explore the potential to create game content for the community to enjoy.

While the base game already offers a variety of gameplay elements, many of us want to broaden the DayZ experience by developing maps, items, vehicles and new mechanics. The Enfusion engine and Enscript introduced as the new scripting language both have proven to be a powerful foundation for this.

However, as much as players want to see more features added to the game, we also have a serious interest in receiving updates to the DayZ modding platform. As a result of a constructive discussion with the lead producer /u/EugenHarton, some of us indexed a list of suggestions that we think are paramount for the future of the DayZ modding community and compiled these into a prioritized list. This list currently contains 43 entries that are prioritized from 10 (very important and essential for DayZ modding) to 1 (nice to have, but not a deal breaker).

We are sharing the list now so that those of you who are awaiting the release of certain mods get a feeling for what could be blocking us from releasing them and also informing modders that might not have seen the list before about what they can expect to be added to DayZ in the future.

The list has been sent internally to the development team a few weeks ago, and we already have some great feedback from them regarding some of the items on the list. If you want to examine specific details about some of these entries, you can click the feedback tracker links and subscribe to them if you want to be automatically updated on their progress.

The list will receive further revisions to possibly add more wishes and to display the current status of each entry.

If you feel that something is missing on the list, you can comment down below and/or join our Modding Community Discord (https://discord.gg/F8WjXXK) to discuss your ideas with other modders.

Direct link to the list: Google docs - DayZ modding priority list

Edited by Arkensor
  • Like 5
  • Beans 2

Honestly, I'd like to see XML serialization/deserialization being exposed to Enforce scripting, I know it's available on the engine level but we don't have access to it. It would make custom configuration files easier to read for the human eye, rather than just having JSON serialization. I hope others can agree with me here.

Access to DamageSystem is needed. For example, currently there's no way to prevent/reflect damage or change damage values before the damage is applied to a target. We only have EEHitBy() which just notifies about the damage dealt but doesn't let change the damage.  

Examples where it could be usefull: 

- PVE mode mods (to disable player-to-player damage).  

- to tweak damage of the infected.