ImpulZ

Selected Servers going Offline on May 27th!

On 5/17/2019 at 5:28 AM, ImpulZ said:

Hello Xbox Survivors,

to concentrate the existing player base on Xbox on a reduced amount of servers, we will take 23 Xbox servers offline on Monday, 27th of May.

And give them to PS4 on Wednesday, 29th of May.

Disgusting.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:58 PM, Stagman70 said:

WOW!  I can't believe some of the reactions I've read.  During the game preview, there were 120, 130-something servers to start with and not a peep from anyone on that subject that I'm aware of.  Base building, albeit cool, is a waste of time anyway.  There are NUMEROUS posts spread across this forum stating just that.  If you wasted your time building walls, towers, and barriers, well.....that's on you.  You were warned.  Now, this is just my opinion, but I think that the majority of the people complaining are the very same ones that are causing all the problems to start with (a.k.a. DUPERS).   If that IS the case, and all the butt-hurt dupers are saying they're going to stop playing and uninstall the game...GREAT!  As for the rest of us that travel lightly and are minimalists (i.e. I have ONE medium tent) and can pick up and move......ain't no skin off our nose.

Bump.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 12:15 AM, Jason Underwood said:

It seems like you're a little too excited there little guy. Simmer down tough guy. I was only making an observation. Geeze some people's kids.

When I read the posts both of you made there really is no difficult in seeing who is behaving like a child here.

Maybe you should take a break, learn to meditate and try to heighten yourself a bit.

On 5/19/2019 at 11:10 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Unplayable at night? Most people seem to manage with head torch or flashlight. 

If its taking you a couple of weeks to get a car working, you're looking for parts in the wrong places. 

The two cars I had running lasted over a week without getting damaged. They did eventually get stolen, but hey, I like being on foot anyway. 

No chance of finding any weapons? Do you actually just mean m4 and AK? Try the mosin, hunting rifle, SKS (great gun BTW), shotgun, pistols, submachine guns and a whole raft of melee weapons. 

Bases pointless to build? Easy, don't build one. That's not really the focus of the game, just hide a stash somewhere. What do you want a base for? A tower on the beach maybe for sniping new spawns? Ah, no, sorry I forgot. You can't find any weapons right? 

Glitches like mad every time a zombie aggros on you? Every time? Really?? 

Worst development of any title you've ever seen? Ever? Lol, which other games do you play, I'd really like to know. 

But no, you're right. You really should do something about it. Maybe hire a solicitor for that class action. Or write to your local MP. Or, play something you enjoy, right? 

I've stopped playing it because it's just not worth it, but I'll respond. I've had the same conversation several times about night times, even with a torch I can see anything beyond my characters immediate vicinity to the point you can barely see buildings across the width of a village street. Can't see zombies till they're on you and can't anything to help navigation, and the two times I've used a torch I've been taken out due to the fact you become a massive glowing target. 

Weapons. I find pistols and shotguns and that about it. The odd moisin yes but virtually no ammo. I did find player built encampment though, packed full of m4s and and aks, thousands of rounds of ammo, cammo, tents, you name it, all hard earned no doubt lol

Now cars, I know where to look, but you first have to find a car, and most have now been moved off spawn points. You have to leave wheels on the cars as you can't practiacbly keep them on you, and walking from one town to another with a wheel in your hand is a very time intensive task that IR borderline daft. Regardless, my complaint wasn't the time it takes, its the fact the cars are useless on anything but flat road, which is silly in the 4x4, and driving them off road results in heavy damage, which again is daft, and to finish it off they cause so much glitchingnwhen you enter a town they're virtually undrivable anyway, and don't even offer any protection again animals and zombies even when all the doors are on. I wanted a car for mobility and storage so I could start to build a base and my friends and I could move around together more quickly. 

Defending the pointlessness of a game feature like base by saying don't do it then is pretty stupid, I can solve all the games problems by just not playing it at all, which I guess is exactly what I've done anyway but whatever. I wanted to build a base bacause I find it fun, I've no interested in shooting new spawns. The reality is you can't really do it at all because they get trashed faster than you can build them anyway. 

As for glitches, yes, everytime a zombie changes status from passive to agro, the game freezes for a second. If there's more than one it's longer and if they get close it renders all but mele weapons unusable. You think that's a well designed? Surviving Zombies is the main focus of the game, and pretty much everytime they've killed me is because I got hit off one I couldn't see, or it was so dark I couldn't see to try defend myself, or I got knocked out off the first hit despite full body armour, or a door wouldn't open or close due to poor performance under agro conditions, or I couldnt use my weapons because your character holsters the weapons when an object is close rendering it unusable. Maybe one in ten zombie deaths have been during the normal run of play where the game legit 'beat me'. 

Most console games are reasonably well polished these days, and those that aren't don't fail as hard as this game does. It's seemingly running an old game engine that hasn't ported well and isn't optimised very well on servers that don't work well. The dev team doesn't have any solutions to the things people are complaining about the most and the problems I have seem to get worse with every update. There have been fixes, like the binoculars and reloading/magazine problems and stuff like that, but the game fundamentals are broken, so much so I've stopped playing now. 

So that'll be that. I didn't intend to post again on here but I figured I'd get my thoughts off my chest and respond. I doubt I'll be back now, the pre release was poor but accepted as it was pre release. I gave up on that too and came back once the full release came about. The game generally runs a bit better but still has big problems which honestly, I have no faith in ever seeing them fixed. A car that can't drive up a very slight incline and then breaks when the game lags and it touches a road sign, well that's just not fun when it takes huge effort to aquire, especially when I only have about ten hours a week I can spend gaming. 

If you enjoy it, fair play, but if you think this is a well polished game that works well I'd be very surprised if your reflective of the mass opinion. 

Peace

• Beans 1

I don't mind if we get rid of these servers and hopefully some PUBG players too, this Game on Console is NOT the game it WAS on PC. There are too many people crying about Dupers but are duping themselves.

Or if not duping have eleventyeight accounts all geared, also duped Gear. And the severe lack of AKM or M4 etc is driving more people to dupe as you need automatic weapons against automatic weapons.

I have had to kill almost 20 people recently and EVERYONE of them seems to be carrying LAR's, AKM, M4's whilst I have to try and defend myself with a mosin and an MP5K lol.

I don't mind if some of these gamers go away and never return and then we can get on with playing it properly. But at the moment I think the ranting and non effort to rid Duping has created a whole new creature that's called. ''Screw the game I'll do what I want'' and then sit and listen to everyone whine about it. Trollin' Or something.

I mean on the ALLEGED DayZ fan pages on FB and elsewhere there are hundreds of people all talking or boasting about how many smurf accounts they have like they're actually achievements that the is part of the Game ??? And the mods will do nothing or say nothing.

And there is even a Dupers United Facebook page and you only have to look for a day or two to see where all those weapons are. some people have 30 treasure chests all filled, then there are piles of like 50 akm's all left in a pile cos its funny isn't it ? 

I don't mind killing people, its definitely part of the game right now. And whilst everyone is being dishonest, untrustworthy and damn right shady I have no qualms killing these people. I tried , I tried real hard to be the Hero guy, but too many waste bags playing this game right now.

Getting rid of these servers without server lock is only going to make the loot economy worse though.

• Like 2

There is also another simple fix for duping.

OVER SATURATE THE ECONOMY POOL, make the AKM's and M4 so common and easy found and we'd have no duping. look at the SKS or theMP5K so over populated no one is duping those.

All we want is a FAIR chance at surviving.

Just stop the multi account BS no other game lets you play as anything other than your Gamertag, why doeZ DayZ ???

3 hours ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

Just stop the multi account BS no other game lets you play as anything other than your Gamertag, why doeZ DayZ ???

what do you mean?

Multi playable accounts. So people start a new account load up the character, then leave them geared up and start another fresh account and rinse and repeat. MOST of the names in the lobby list are smurf accounts and NO REAL XBOXZ LIVE owner accounts. Just look how many players have next to no player score in DayZ. 

And so no one person is accountable for their actions as they're not even Xbox Live accounts but secondary accounts that can be used on the original Live license

What are you talking about? That's an Xbox live feature. Has nothing to do with anything. I have multiple alts for red dead, dayz, and other games. When a character is logged out, it does not effect the item spawn. It's the dupers who have bases that are creating this issue. 

Dupers on Xbox and hackers on Pc. Atleast the dupers have to walk to you rposition. Pc hackers just tp to you or tp you to them.. 

Funneling everyone to full severs will not solve this issue though. Private and locked servers will not only solve this issue, but it will improve the community and game experience.

Sadly BI is more concerned with a cash grab at this point. They know how the dayz mod created crazy sales for Arma 2 5 years after its release. Something like 500%. So they are gonna ride this wave until it dies. Ps4 has just been announced today, another cash grab.

Can't blame them from a financial standpoint but it's very discouraging to have been a Arma vet from the days of OP Flashpoint til now, and seen the same thing happen over and over with dayz. 

But the multi account thing is ridiculous. Lock severs and watch community grow. 

Edited by SurSlaughter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

Multi playable accounts. So people start a new account load up the character, then leave them geared up and start another fresh account and rinse and repeat. MOST of the names in the lobby list are smurf accounts and NO REAL XBOXZ LIVE owner accounts. Just look how many players have next to no player score in DayZ. 

And so no one person is accountable for their actions as they're not even Xbox Live accounts but secondary accounts that can be used on the original Live license

So what's the problem then?

• Sad 1

Well I have two accounts, mine and my sons. My main account I use when I'm playing with my mate. If he's not on I use my other account and run solo. That way I don't have to run miles back to my mate when he's back online. I don't see that as cheating. 

I suppose if you had several characters geared up at the same place and died in a firefight you could relog as your other character in the same area which I would class as being unfair. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I dont mind. Whatever you have to do to put an AK or M4 in my hand is fine with me. My server's not going anywhere 😉

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

I have one account and one only but my player score is low for DayZ. So based on that assumption I must have another account? Or could it be that the way I play the game doesn't involve achievement hunting? Or that I don't play the game as much as I'd like to as I have other commitments, do you consider that as a possibility that someone's score is low?

• Haha 1

I'm also not sure what you mean by accountability for ones actions? Do you mean cheating? I'm pretty sure that whichever profile is being used, the account holder is responsible as they are the person who allows access and use of the gold account license. 

Ultimately though, I don't really see multiple accounts as a particularly big issue. Unless it allows for some form of duping? 

• Like 1

Well if you don't see the problem I am not going to bother explaining it to you as that's worse than Duping. 

Why cant you play one character ?? If you have multiple characters all holding weapons of course they going to effect the Loot Economy. WHat are you stoopid ??

And if there are hundreds if not thousands of people with multi accounts all holding functioning weapons then they are part of the loot economy. If they not dropped, damaged then they are part of the loot economy. At least the dupers get their gear and go fight, not hoard them in a cloud.

Anyone who has multiple accounts and moans about Duping!! you NO better!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

Well if you don't see the problem I am not going to bother explaining it to you as that's worse than Duping. 

Why cant you play one character ?? If you have multiple characters all holding weapons of course they going to effect the Loot Economy. WHat are you stoopid ??

And if there are hundreds if not thousands of people with multi accounts all holding functioning weapons then they are part of the loot economy. If they not dropped, damaged then they are part of the loot economy. At least the dupers get their gear and go fight, not hoard them in a cloud.

Dupers are going to impact the economy more than what someone with two or three extra accounts hold on their characters on different servers.

If you're that desperate for an AR go to the coast and get one.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

Having a second character on a different server does not make me worse than a duper. So are you saying that if I have a character and my son has a character on his profile then that's unacceptable to you, that it affects the loot economy? Get a grip Tyler, or maybe that thc has affected your brain. 

• Beans 1

The selected servers have been taken offline. Locking topic.