ImpulZ

Selected Servers going Offline on May 27th!

Perhaps a compromise of some sort would be the most prudent way forward.  Their reduction in servers might be a prudent decision if player counts are as they are and if private servers will eventually make their way into the game.  However, I think I speak for a good number of people on both platforms who would at least like to see some form of locked official servers.  Unless there is some technical limitation preventing this, might it be an interesting thing to experiment with a few locked official servers?  I do understand that the developers want to maintain a consistency of experience on the official side of things but how many people would actually complain if all the officials were locked?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Me and my friend play this game every single day together just me and him and we play it right and since the last update we haven't made a base but we have lots and lots of stash spots all over the map. We have so many that is it is going to be fucking impossible to move them all before May 27th with this 90 spawn in time crap if you are forcing us off of our server NL8647 than you should turn off the damn 90 second spawn in timer for the servers you are deleting for what ever stupid reason. I know I will still get a 90 second spawn in time on the server we end up moving to but it fucking better than waiting 90 to get in then 90 to move them see what I'm saying. This is a damn nightmare I hate high pop servers I like to just play the game without being shot in the back by a KOS'er every 2 seconds. I have always played low pop servers and I've always bumped into people every single time I've played and it more fun bumping into someone on a low pop than a high pop because the want to talk most of the time and dont just shoot on site. I think you are making a huge mistake you should be adding more servers bot taking them away or at least put it to a damn vote because I bet you anything more people want more low pop servers than people that dont. This is stupid BL8647 is my favorite server and I fucking hate having to move so thanks....... I think it's time we go back to playing 7 days to die I guess or PUBG since that's what this game is turning into.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, aaronlands said:

Perhaps a compromise of some sort would be the most prudent way forward.  Their reduction in servers might be a prudent decision if player counts are as they are and if private servers will eventually make their way into the game.  However, I think I speak for a good number of people on both platforms who would at least like to see some form of locked official servers.  Unless there is some technical limitation preventing this, might it be an interesting thing to experiment with a few locked official servers?  I do understand that the developers want to maintain a consistency of experience on the official side of things but how many people would actually complain if all the officials were locked?

I’ve been suggesting for a while that the devs just add a handful of locked servers to the already existing list.

No need to have just one or the other.

Variety is the spice of life!

Edit: @ImpulZ

Edited by Nayte
Bending CM’s ear
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

WOW!  I can't believe some of the reactions I've read.  During the game preview, there were 120, 130-something servers to start with and not a peep from anyone on that subject that I'm aware of.  Base building, albeit cool, is a waste of time anyway.  There are NUMEROUS posts spread across this forum stating just that.  If you wasted your time building walls, towers, and barriers, well.....that's on you.  You were warned.  Now, this is just my opinion, but I think that the majority of the people complaining are the very same ones that are causing all the problems to start with (a.k.a. DUPERS).   If that IS the case, and all the butt-hurt dupers are saying they're going to stop playing and uninstall the game...GREAT!  As for the rest of us that travel lightly and are minimalists (i.e. I have ONE medium tent) and can pick up and move......ain't no skin off our nose.

I think you've misread the posts, it's more about having locked servers so people can RP, base build and find high quality loot. With your nonchalant attitude I believe you might be guilty of duping.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/17/2019 at 11:46 PM, ImpulZ said:

First of all, we are very aware of the current issues on Xbox, especially the duping, ghosting, freezes etc. Our team is working on resolving these issues, but sadly it will still take some time until those fixes will be published.

Until then, duped gear has to be stored somewhere. A general higher population on servers makes it also more difficult for dupers to hide their bases. Awond DayZ is designed as a multiplayer experience, so while there are certainly hotspots and more abandoned areas on the map, DayZ is designed as a Multiplayer experience.

Regarding the server locks. This server shift (which we try to avoid, but sometimes there is no alternative to keep players together) is an example why player locks to individual servers would be a problem, as in this case all affected players would completely lose their gear. This way, you can deconstruct your bases and transport your loot to a different server. Yes, it might be a huge amount of effort and sounds harsh, but it is better then having everything wiped without being able to save anything.

We are doing our best to announce these changes as soon as possible to give everyone the chance to prepare for it.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Have you seen the bases that are ppl have created? And you want ppl to move them to another server? That’s hilarious 😂.

In regards to locking servers you need to lock half the servers and let players have a choice. I’ll bet any money that those locked servers will be more populated every day than those servers that aren’t locked.

Duping ghosting meatballing and every other glitch/exploit should had been fixed by now. It’s not like they are new issues they have been in the game since release  and stating that we are trying to fix them isn’t good enough. 

Your going to lose players from removing servers as your pushing your game to be a battle royal. I my self love pvp but a lot of others do not. 

Stop being cheap we paid for those severs by buying this game so leave them where they are! Focus on what the community wants fixed not how you can save money.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

1 minute ago, Jason Underwood said:

I think you've misread the posts, it's more about having locked servers so people can RP, base build and find high quality loot. With your nonchalant attitude I believe you might be guilty of duping.

I believe it is YOU that lacks reading comprehension skills.  I am all for locked servers, so much so that I even posted a poll asking who is FOR and who is AGAINST having a percentage of servers locked.  MY attitude is nonchalant because I don't waste my time building bases because ghosting is an issue due to servers not being locked.  I am nonchalant because I don't use glitches or exploits.  I am nonchalant because the server I normally play isn't affected.  The ones that are whining the most are the ones that spent all their time cheating the game and other players.  BTW, good start.  Your first post, and you are already deflecting.

• Beans 1

6 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

I believe it is YOU that lacks reading comprehension skills.  I am all for locked servers, so much so that I even posted a poll asking who is FOR and who is AGAINST having a percentage of servers locked.  MY attitude is nonchalant because I don't waste my time building bases because ghosting is an issue due to servers not being locked.  I am nonchalant because I don't use glitches or exploits.  I am nonchalant because the server I normally play isn't affected.  The ones that are whining the most are the ones that spent all their time cheating the game and other players.  BTW, good start.  Your first post, and you are already deflecting.it

It seems like you're a little too excited there little guy. Simmer down tough guy. I was only making an observation. Geeze some people's kids.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Probably the remaining servers left after May 27th will be bringing in more revenue, without the headache of 130 servers. Less paperwork and number crunching... Follow the money!

On 5/18/2019 at 4:39 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You clearly haven't played many games then! 

So you don’t think BI are that bad? If BI was in charge of making a crossword puzzle I’ll bet you any money that they would screw that up as well 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jackel said:

So you don’t think BI are that bad? If BI was in charge of making a crossword puzzle I’ll bet you any money that they would screw that up as well 

Some people want the devs to be more active on the forums, some want to insult them every time they show their face. My function is supportive of the former group.

That was a friendly warning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Jackel said:

No, I don't. Nobody is in denial about bugs in the game, but I don't think I've played a game that didn't have bugs. I couldn't play Subnautica for eight months until they fixed it because the frame rate was so bad it was like a slide show. Ark had had a long history of technical issues, BF4 had horrendous net code issues for the first nine months. PUBG was, well, PUBG was PUBG, and still is! In fact, I think maybe the last game I had without bugs was Manic Miner on the Spectrum back in the 80's. At least, I don't remember it having any, though I could be wrong. 

At the end of the day, this game is far more playable, immersive, challenging, frustrating, exciting, heart breaking, heart stopping than any other game I have played. 

So, we lost a few servers. Are you struggling to join a server now because they're so full? Are you salty because you're duped stash of VSD's will have to be moved? Are you anxious that you might run into other players now? What was it you were so angry about again? 

If a game made me that angry I guess I wouldn't play it. I like to play games because they're fun and not because they make the vein in my left temple throb. 

• Beans 2

7 hours ago, Max Planck said:

Some people want the devs to be more active on the forums, some want to insult them every time they show their face. My function is supportive of the former group.

That was a friendly warning.

In support of what Max is saying...........What people don't seem to understand is that we all know that there are issues with the game.  What makes these issues "game breaking" are the PLAYERS that take advantage of them.  Voicing an opinion is one thing.......bashing the developers is another.  Some of the commenters on this forum like to talk like they know how to develop a video game, when in reality, they don't know jack.  This is a complicated game, with practically an infinite number of variables.  Just give it time, people....or don't.  Uninstall it, move on, and complain about another game on another forum.

Edited by Stagman70

This game now is in a worse state than when it first released. Night is too dark, so dark its unplayable even with lights. I spent a couple weeks getting a car together only to find they are prone to getting ruined super fast, can't drive up any slight hill, and lag like crazy. There's no chance of finding any weapons, bases are pointless as they take weeks to build and people can break into them in minutes anyway, the game still glitches like mad when zombies agro, I notice more bugs now than on first release and constant wipes make you wonder why you're even bothering, and now they're just shutting servers down. People should start a class action for refunds and give this game the kiss of death before bohemia finish it off anyway. Literally the worst development of any title I've ever seen on a console. 

Edited by M00nfly
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, M00nfly said:

This game now is in a worse state than when it first released. Night is too dark, so dark its unplayable even with lights. I spent a couple weeks getting a car together only to find they are prone to getting ruined super fast, can't drive up any slight hill, and lag like crazy. There's no chance of finding any weapons, bases are pointless as they take weeks to build and people can break into them in minutes anyway, the game still glitches like mad when zombies agro, I notice more bugs now than on first release and constant wipes make you wonder why you're even bothering, and now they're just shutting servers down. People should start a class action for refunds and give this game the kiss of death before bohemia finish it off anyway. Literally the worst development of any title I've ever seen on a console. 

Unplayable at night? Most people seem to manage with head torch or flashlight. 

If its taking you a couple of weeks to get a car working, you're looking for parts in the wrong places. 

The two cars I had running lasted over a week without getting damaged. They did eventually get stolen, but hey, I like being on foot anyway. 

No chance of finding any weapons? Do you actually just mean m4 and AK? Try the mosin, hunting rifle, SKS (great gun BTW), shotgun, pistols, submachine guns and a whole raft of melee weapons. 

Bases pointless to build? Easy, don't build one. That's not really the focus of the game, just hide a stash somewhere. What do you want a base for? A tower on the beach maybe for sniping new spawns? Ah, no, sorry I forgot. You can't find any weapons right? 

Glitches like mad every time a zombie aggros on you? Every time? Really?? 

Worst development of any title you've ever seen? Ever? Lol, which other games do you play, I'd really like to know. 

But no, you're right. You really should do something about it. Maybe hire a solicitor for that class action. Or write to your local MP. Or, play something you enjoy, right? 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Beans 2

@ImpulZ I obviously only speak for myself here but after reading every comment on the 3 pages of this posting, it seems 99.9999% disagree with this idea and with many of the commentors stating they have ZERO desire to have forced interaction. So my question is, who is this move, from more servers to less, for exactly? I don’t hear really anyone calling for “more interaction” so the decision to pretend like this is a desired request from the player base is a puzzling one. 

I will be the first to admit that I am a moron who has no idea how game development works, Hell I still don’t understand how cellphones work 🤷🏻‍♂️ How exactly does my voice go up into the sky, travel invisible networks and come out sounding exactly like me on the other end to someone listening? As far as I’m concerned it’s done through magic and pixie dust but, it doesn’t take a genius to see that the Devs have basically decided “it’s too hard to fix the exploits, so why don’t we just force the players into battle royale style play and hope the problem works itself out” as your solution which pardon my French here, is fucking horse shit! 

The player base is being punished because you guys can’t fix the problem of cheaters and exploiters? How is that fair or even a legitimate reason to do so? Pretending that the biggest concern is lack of player interaction when for months and months the player base has expressed it’s concern as being the many exploits making the game less than fun just seems disingenuous. Hell I think most players would rather have a complete shut down of the game for a little while so that the problems can be fixed than be told some nonsense that the solution you’ve come up with basically amounts to “it’s too hard so we decided to just throw you all unwillingly into mass populated servers in hopes that the problem just goes away on its own.” 

I know it sucks having a large portion of the player base constantly talking crap to you guys and often calling for your heads but seriously WTF! this isn’t a solution this is just you guys tapping out pretending it’s one thing when really it’s something else  

BTW “we’re aware of the problem and working to fix it” every few months and then going back to radio silence because you don’t like people saying mean things to you, really isn’t a good enough excuse anymore. If you’re aware of the problem then WORK ON THE PROBLEM don’t create all new ones and then pretend like that’s what people have been upset about all along. 

That’s just a “friendly” warning.

Edited by HiroCheeseMuh1
  • Like 7

I notice more bugs now than on first release and constant wipes make you wonder why you're even bothering

??? We havent had a wipe for 5 months . 

On 5/20/2019 at 8:10 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Unplayable at night? Most people seem to manage with head torch or flashlight. 

If its taking you a couple of weeks to get a car working, you're looking for parts in the wrong places. 

The two cars I had running lasted over a week without getting damaged. They did eventually get stolen, but hey, I like being on foot anyway. 

No chance of finding any weapons? Do you actually just mean m4 and AK? Try the mosin, hunting rifle, SKS (great gun BTW), shotgun, pistols, submachine guns and a whole raft of melee weapons. 

Bases pointless to build? Easy, don't build one. That's not really the focus of the game, just hide a stash somewhere. What do you want a base for? A tower on the beach maybe for sniping new spawns? Ah, no, sorry I forgot. You can't find any weapons right? 

Glitches like mad every time a zombie aggros on you? Every time? Really?? 

Worst development of any title you've ever seen? Ever? Lol, which other games do you play, I'd really like to know. 

But no, you're right. You really should do something about it. Maybe hire a solicitor for that class action. Or write to your local MP. Or, play something you enjoy, right? 

Flash light at night gets you killed.

Cars are death traps due to lag and also do damage way too easy.

why can’t someone complain that they can’t find a m4, ak, Lar or svd? Some players that have recently started to play dayz on Xbox probably have never even seen one due to duping.

Base building may be pointless right now BUT it is part of the game so to state that it’s not that focus of the game is completely wrong. Not everyone enjoys sitting on their arses waiting to kill freshies on the coast and actually want to do more than pvp.

Worst development of any title I would agree if you disagree then please let us know what game your playing that is worse I would love to know as I have played a lot of games and never seen a developer so slack in fixing exploits/cheats.

Your quick to shut down a member of the community of posting what is pissing him off. For what reason? Can’t people express how their experience on dayz is being hampered by in game issues? Just a question so don’t get your knickers in a twist about it.

• Beans 1

18 minutes ago, Jackel said:

Flash light at night gets you killed.

Cars are death traps due to lag and also do damage way too easy.

why can’t someone complain that they can’t find a m4, ak, Lar or svd? Some players that have recently started to play dayz on Xbox probably have never even seen one due to duping.

Base building may be pointless right now BUT it is part of the game so to state that it’s not that focus of the game is completely wrong. Not everyone enjoys sitting on their arses waiting to kill freshies on the coast and actually want to do more than pvp.

Worst development of any title I would agree if you disagree then please let us know what game your playing that is worse I would love to know as I have played a lot of games and never seen a developer so slack in fixing exploits/cheats.

Your quick to shut down a member of the community of posting what is pissing him off. For what reason? Can’t people express how their experience on dayz is being hampered by in game issues? Just a question so don’t get your knickers in a twist about it.

Hmm, don't mind you expressing your opinion at all, just don't get your knickers in a twist when someone responds to you in a 'public' forum. 

Well, I've never been killed by a torch yet. Someone did try to hit me with one so I killed him with my can of beans. Beans definitely trump torches in hand to hand combat! If someone starts shooting at you when you have a torch on just turn it off and run! Like I say, I seem to be able to navigate the map at night without too much trouble. I guess if you're nervous about high traffic areas at night with a torch, then avoid them. 

Cars...we'll, you certainly need to be cautious, but again, I seem to manage them ok until they get stolen. 

Yes, assault rifles are hard to find 'naturally' now. That is a well known issue that doesn't require twenty different threads crying about it. Try looking up the main threads discussing the issue and contribute, but just shouting the same point over and over really doesn't achieve much. I don't really mind if you do, it's your time, not mine. Just trying to help you. 

Regarding base building, the fact I don't really bother with actually building doesn't mean i sit on the coast shooting fresh spawns. Watch YouTube, you might learn something about the game and how other people play it. It's surprisingly varied. I tend to have an area as a base and hide things in it. 

So, i'm not shutting anyone down. I haven't blocked you. I'm not an admin deleting your posts. I'm responding to your points in what I hope is a reasonable and meaningful way. It might not help you or it might. That's how discourse works. Someone offers a point of view and someone else makes a counter point. Sometimes I might play devil's advocate purely to see how an idea or argument can be developed into something useful. Sometimes I react purely because someone makes an irrational point. But I'm certainly not shutting anyone down. This is free speech buttercup. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Beans 1

23 minutes ago, Jackel said:

Oh yeah, and one example off the top of my head is Subnautica. Great game by the way but I couldn't play it for months because the frame rate was so slow. I kept starving to death because it was so laggy I couldn't catch fish to survive! They fixed it eventually. I reported the issue on the bug tracker and it wad fixed, eventually! I could name lots of games and their issues, but it would be off topic. I believe this thread was about servers going offline, though hard to remember as people seem to go off on tangents! (I include myself in that!) 

3 hours ago, Jackel said:

I got the game a week after the preview release, I haven't built a base yet and never been in a car mainly because until things are fixed there's no point. Why spend ages building a base for someone to ghost into it and steal your stuff. Why spend time looking for car parts when the car itself could kill you just by sitting it. 

Now some people do build bases and cars because they enjoy it and want to but I'd rather go on foot and get used to my surroundings, even use that time to scout out possible areas to build a base should I choose to do so. 

I don't camp on new spawns because I play in-land away from the coastal hotspots (Plus I think it's a shitty thing to do) but that's the way that I play the game. Besides, if we all played the game the same way it'd be bloody boring 👍

• Like 1

I’ve played this game since day 1 on Xbox. And I’ve suffered through the inventory mix up when first released , I suffered through the MASSIVE lag of walking through cities, the month of rain we had, and so many more issues I genuinely just don’t care to name. I’ve been loyal to DayZ for a LONG time. As a legitimate player, who’s got 30 of each AR and sniper from raiding dupe bases. I’m bored. I can’t stand what DayZ has become. It’s so focused on PvP this point everything else is pointless. I love some PvP but you got these kids who play like their playing fortnite and then dupers who have HUNDREDS of seachests stacked with gear and now your deleting servers because there’s less players than on full release ? ITS BECAUSE YOUR TRASHING YOUR OWN GAME BOHEMIA. STOP updating the game. STOP adding new items. FIX duping and WIPE ALL SERVERS & CHARACTERS. I love the grind. I truly do. The server population is lower is because EVERYONE is waiting for you guys to fix duping and wipe it all so we can play it again. I haven’t touched this game in 2 weeks because there’s no point. I was playing 8-12 hours a day. Now? I can’t even look at the game. Your letting the dupers win. Your letting them control your game and push all of your loyal players out. People who enjoy the grind. I don’t get how you can’t see it. All we want is a dupe fix and total wipe yet your trying to save a buck which wouldn’t need to be saved because now when you fix duping ALL of your players are gonna come back to what? Completely stacked servers unable to play the game because there’s 20 people waiting for each server. Smooth move Bohemia. I’m telling ya, when my passport gets in, I will be visiting. And I’m gonna smack some sense into all of you. Maybe hearing it from an actual player on what we want is what you need because we can all see your investors own you. Fix the game like we want and then you won’t need to remove servers 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Justin Ware said:

As a legitimate player, who’s got 30 of each AR and sniper from raiding dupe bases.

Hmm, why don't you help by despawning those weapons then rather than stashing them yourself? 

• Haha 1

So we getting the new update at the same time when this severs get shut down 

18 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Hmm, why don't you help by despawning those weapons then rather than stashing them yourself? 

Lol yeah, why not upgrade what you have then despawn the others?

Whats your server details, can have some good pvp and then I can despawn that loot thats there 🤣 🤣 *Joking*

I'm a new player to Dayz, just checked my xbox stats and it says I have 1d 8h playtime.

I've followed Dayz for years watching streams and friends play on PC and I know this game is far from perfect but it always has been my goal to play this game. Obvioulsy when it was originally released on Xbox I waited for reviews on the game and as I expected (much like Pubg) another PC game badly ported over, I gave the game a miss expecting it to never be fixed (remembering how long it took for the PC game to be playable) until a few days ago I saw the game was on Sale, I took the plunge and bought it.

See the KOS, I don't mind, the laggy zombies, I don't mind. The fact that in my region (EU) there is only two FPP servers, I don't mind.

It's a survival game, and loot should be scarce I understand that. Even though food, melee weapons and even pistols are fairly easy to come by, AR's on the other hand.

I have yet to see one, even hear one, do they even exist, I have literally ran around the majority of the map, looted next to all of the main military locations, even been alone on a server after it reset, with no prevail. I have every attachment under the sun stashed. I understand about the dupers, and spawn rates, i'm not just blindly stating there are no AR's. But seriously, where the fuck are they, as new player, it's incredibly hard to want to continue to play a game I had so much hope for, sounds like half the community actually want help and the other half are either dupers or too dumb to realise calling out devs won't get them a response.

As a new player, and a fresh outside perspective on this whole thing it sounds like having player locked servers available would be good, would for sure solve a lot of issues. Of course you can't player lock all the servers, if you don't like that play on another server, pretty simple!

Surely the easiest way to stop the dupers and actually bring back the joy of being able to actually find decent weapons would be full server wipes across the board. Yes people will dupe again, yes people will loose everything. But at the end of a day it's a survival game, get to your grind and earn your stuff. Sick of dupers, why not join a player locked server as mentioned above. Then with the non player locked servers surely it'd be easier to spot the dupers?

I'm not saying i'm a game dev, or I have all the answers to the problems, maybe nobody is even going to bother to read this, I just want this game to be enjoyable, you know, I payed money to play a game with a concept I enjoy and I'd love to see it actually playable.

P.s. The dev's lack of communication is clearly upsetting the community, hence all the hostility, but if we stop being dicks and typing mean things then maybe they'd actually give us some useful information rather than 'we're aware and working on it'. Speak to them like you'd like to be spoken to and maybe things might start to change.

Signed, MrBJGreen - one new lonely naked who just wants an AK but is stuck with a can of Spite ;)

• Beans 1