ImpulZ

Selected Servers going Offline on May 27th!

39 minutes ago, Gordonweaver said:

Since when did dayz go from zombie survival to battle royale??? Dayz is not fucking pubg where you have to eliminate everyone to win. Lock player characters to servers to stop server jumpers, dupers, and ghosting. If you fucks would actually listen to us and gix the shit that needs to be fixed you people wouldnt have so many pissed off at you bohemia... And its so ignorant to assume that every fucking player want to be a pvp player. News flash fuckers not everyone want to comstantly pvp and lose their hard earned shit. Oh wait u fuckers are doing that for them anyway. They invested shit loads of hrs building and gather but since u fuckers want the game to be played like pubg ur knocking out servers to force player interactionswhy the hell did u even create dayz in the first fucking place??? Should have upgrade pubg. 

You seem a little annoyed could I surgest you take a deep breath and relax.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

First of all, we are very aware of the current issues on Xbox, especially the duping, ghosting, freezes etc. Our team is working on resolving these issues, but sadly it will still take some time until those fixes will be published.

Until then, duped gear has to be stored somewhere. A general higher population on servers makes it also more difficult for dupers to hide their bases. And DayZ is designed as a multiplayer experience, so while there are certainly hotspots and more abandoned areas on the map, DayZ is designed as a Multiplayer experience.

Regarding the server locks. This server shift (which we try to avoid, but sometimes there is no alternative to keep players together) is an example why player locks to individual servers would be a problem, as in this case all affected players would completely lose their gear. This way, you can deconstruct your bases and transport your loot to a different server. Yes, it might be a huge amount of effort and sounds harsh, but it is better then having everything wiped without being able to save anything.

We are doing our best to announce these changes as soon as possible to give everyone the chance to prepare for it.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

I appreciate it’s not easy to solve the issues but at least try and fix duping I think everyone would rather that’s fixed before anything else is added.

• Like 2

Is anyone really surprised?! This is BI we're talking about. This only solidifies my previous statement. Bi is hands down the worse dev I've ever encountered.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Is anyone really surprised?! This is BI we're talking about. This only solidifies my previous statement. Bi is hands down the worse dev I've ever encountered.

You clearly haven't played many games then! 

@ImpulZ 

I understand the teams reason for this change, though you guys must understand there are a lot of us who prefer lower pop servers. Not everyone wants to be running into players, particularly how the climate is with game chat not functioning properly.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You clearly haven't played many games then! 

No, I don't play shit games. Day Z can be a great game. It already has enough to be so. All they have to do is fix what's already there.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

17 hours ago, Nitroglycerine said:

you guys are literally sabotaging your own community. 

No, they're not. This ain't PC. We're Xbox.

Pffft...

Edit: Was in PC earlier, looks like 1.03 did on a number on the game smh. Even those guys are on some wtf shit with BI. This shit's bonkers...

Edited by Man Parts 241

In other words... "this game is dying on xbox because we refuse to actually listen to the community and fix game breaking issues". 

This is a pretty nasty bait and switch. 

Buy our game preview with over 125 servers. A few months later remove like 30 servers. 

Game comes out "full release" with 90 something servers. A short time later: we're removing 23 servers. 

Disgusting. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

First of all, we are very aware of the current issues on Xbox, especially the duping, ghosting, freezes etc. Our team is working on resolving these issues, but sadly it will still take some time until those fixes will be published.

Until then, duped gear has to be stored somewhere. A general higher population on servers makes it also more difficult for dupers to hide their bases. And DayZ is designed as a multiplayer experience, so while there are certainly hotspots and more abandoned areas on the map, DayZ is designed as a Multiplayer experience.

Regarding the server locks. This server shift (which we try to avoid, but sometimes there is no alternative to keep players together) is an example why player locks to individual servers would be a problem, as in this case all affected players would completely lose their gear. This way, you can deconstruct your bases and transport your loot to a different server. Yes, it might be a huge amount of effort and sounds harsh, but it is better then having everything wiped without being able to save anything.

We are doing our best to announce these changes as soon as possible to give everyone the chance to prepare for it.

First off i love this game and belive you guys are doing your best. Me and many friends ive met in game still play 6 plus hours a day if we can. Groups the size of a half a server at times. Even many streamers in the mix and i must say out of the many players i meet 90% of them would like to see a few locked servers on the lists. I dont care if i got to restart multiple times because it would be worth it for rp servers. No more clearing out towns just to have people constantly spawn behind you. Whats the point. We no longer build bases, just barrels hidden in trees bc people server hoop to find them. No longer do we go to airfield for loot bc there is none. No longer do we grind for gear bc all we do is kill duppers for it. Also we cant play shorline playthroughs bc every town has a group of duppers constantly baiting and wiping anyone. Not bc of normal pvp but bc they have alt accounts ready to dupe a new set of gear. Basically if you could just add a (few) servers that was player locked it will fix everything. If you asked the community how many people do you think would want locked servers? How is it a bad thing if over half of us want this.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why don't you fix the loot economy & duping instead of screwing the game up more by taking away servers?

• Like 3

What I don't understand is, most of us are not asking for all of the servers to be locked but some. How is that any different than having forced first person severs. You don't have to play on it. 

If you do your character from other servers won't transfer and obviously your character from the locked server stays there.

• Like 1

We have to come to terms that xbox base and PC base are a different group of players and although the game is the same, its roots; but that things are different. Players, constraints how things are implemented. Similar problems but being PC vs xbox they Need to start addressing issues differently. This is xbox. Not PC. The game is the same but adjustments to fit xbox don't have to be the same for the pc. 

A simple disclaimer that game play may vary between console and PC because of being on different platforms. Stick to the roots of the game but give us what's needed on xbox that you might or don't need to apply to pc. 

They have options for servers, private, rp, modded ect, why can't we have locked servers? We don't want all locked servers, just the option like picking between a server that forces first person or one that doesn't. It's an option/choice.

Edited by Flyingpapaya
  • Like 3

How difficult is it for one of or any of the devs to come here and give us some feedback. An actual programmer/coder for the game to come here and give us something. Anything really. I don't understand. Fuck pr.

Don't know where impulz is or his placement. But Fuck really. Why can't a dang coder come in here and give us something. I get you're busy but it's irritating.I don't now but I've worked two jobs running between 12 and 16 hour shifts. I drank beer, managed family and played games.

Why the Fuck can't you devs come through

We need something real. Tell us what the Fuck is really going on. Stop lying. Say you're losing player base, don't cut servers and lie to us. Tell us why

Edited by Flyingpapaya

2 hours ago, Flyingpapaya said:

What I don't understand is, most of us are not asking for all of the servers to be locked but some. How is that any different than having forced first person severs. You don't have to play on it. 

If you do your character from other servers won't transfer and obviously your character from the locked server stays there.

Exactly, as stated previously, they are going to switch off those servers in any case, why not just make them character locked servers, I'm sure players who want to play with their friends will play these servers alot more, getting geared up from scratch, building a base and playing the game with a properly working CLE and I doubt that these servers would be "low" pop as players would then be able to play without having the issues of Duping, Base hopping, repositioning during combat etc....ALL these issues should basically be resolved and the forums would not have as much threads about exploits that's currently dominating the forum.

Try it, these locked servers might just become the most popular servers on Xbox DayZ.

Edited by FearFokkol
edit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flyingpapaya said:

How difficult is it for one of or any of the devs to come here and give us some feedback. An actual programmer/coder for the game to come here and give us something. Anything really. I don't understand. Fuck pr.

Don't know where impulz is or his placement. But Fuck really. Why can't a dang coder come in here and give us something. I get you're busy but it's irritating.I don't now but I've worked two jobs running between 12 and 16 hour shifts. I drank beer, managed family and played games.

Why the Fuck can't you devs come through

We need something real. Tell us what the Fuck is really going on. Stop lying. Say you're losing player base, don't cut servers and lie to us. Tell us why

BI don’t work like that. They have always treated us with silence. 

I guess it's their weird way of thanking us for giving them our money. 

Time to uninstall and move on to hopefully better things. I could see this game "had" great potential when I first played it on day one of the Preview release, that potential has been diminishing at every update since full release.  May return if private servers are introduced but until then Auf Wiedersehen

• Haha 1

WOW!  I can't believe some of the reactions I've read.  During the game preview, there were 120, 130-something servers to start with and not a peep from anyone on that subject that I'm aware of.  Base building, albeit cool, is a waste of time anyway.  There are NUMEROUS posts spread across this forum stating just that.  If you wasted your time building walls, towers, and barriers, well.....that's on you.  You were warned.  Now, this is just my opinion, but I think that the majority of the people complaining are the very same ones that are causing all the problems to start with (a.k.a. DUPERS).   If that IS the case, and all the butt-hurt dupers are saying they're going to stop playing and uninstall the game...GREAT!  As for the rest of us that travel lightly and are minimalists (i.e. I have ONE medium tent) and can pick up and move......ain't no skin off our nose.

• Beans 1

Talking of duper’s bases I normally hang around on the east side of the map and haven’t really found any bases.Should I be looking more west I only ask as I feel like killing some muda fudger duper 

23 minutes ago, Mr squizzer said:

Talking of duper’s bases I normally hang around on the east side of the map and haven’t really found any bases.Should I be looking more west I only ask as I feel like killing some muda fudger duper 

Haven't come across a lot on the west side except an occasional medium tent back in the woods.  I have seen more along the northern border, making access to cities like Novaya Petrovka and mil bases like Troitskoe more accessible.  Couple that with the trails and logging roads that run almost all the way north, that makes driving a car all the way up easier as well.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:49 AM, Matty Rush said:

Ok. So our ROLE PLAY COMMUNITY is included in one of those servers listed. There’s 100+ regular players, 12 factions, load of squads and solos that build and play on that server daily because of its low pop low kos reputation we’ve created on a public. we have hundreds of hours of building time for all the community hubs, boxing rings and centres we’ve built around the map. 

Your destroying our home. Our effort and trust in you. 

It it was hard enough trying to run a roleplay community pre-release because of the random wipes, ghosting and meatballing but now your taking our past couple months pride and effort away from us too. Jesus Bohemia. What are you doing really...

we need low pop or even private (one can dream) to function. You can’t build and be organised with random chaos happening everywhere... we deserve organised chaos. Don’t destroy our low pop server please...

love DPA (DayZ Preservation Association)

https://discord.gg/EWE29N3

Your group is full of dupers, meatballers and ghosters.  DayZ Preservation eh?

Its going to take me hours moving all the stuff I took from your solnichiny bases to another server.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:46 AM, ImpulZ said:

I think anyone would be happy to lose everything in exchange for a server (locked) where they wouldnt have to deal with exploitation.

The devs are unable to stop exploits and the community has spoken, we want and need server locked servers.  Maybe just make a handful like how there are a handful of HC servers to test it.  

Until we have server locked servers there is no point in building bases, high tier guns will all be owned by dupers and exploits will continue.

• Like 1