ImpulZ

Selected Servers going Offline on May 27th!

Hello Xbox Survivors,

to concentrate the existing player base on Xbox on a reduced amount of servers, we will take 23 Xbox servers offline on Monday, 27th of May.

To signal this change, we will change the name of the affected servers to "Persistence OFF". However, the persistence on these servers will remain functional until the 27th of May. So use this opportunity to move your existing storages to other servers. The servers that will be affected by this change are listed below.

We apologise for this inconvenience and hope you will have an exciting time on servers with a higher chance of player encounters.

See you in Chernarus!

Affected Servers:

• DayZ EU - NL 8626 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 8632 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 8638 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 8644 (Persistence ON)

• DayZ EU - NL 8629 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 8635 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 8641 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 8647 (Persistence ON)

• DayZ US - WD 4167 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 4206 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 4245 (Persistence ON)

• DayZ US - WD 4170 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 4209 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 4248 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 8154 (Persistence ON)

• DayZ US - SJ 8656 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - SJ 8668 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - SJ 8680 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - SJ 8692 (Persistence ON)

• DayZ US - SJ 8659 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - SJ 8671 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - SJ 8683 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - SJ 8695 (Persistence ON)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

You cant be serious your taking the piss out of us on xbox, we paid for a game thats getting worse by the day, in the evenings the server have a lot of population so why the hell you taking more servers off us, if their has been a drop in people its because your lack of help with the problems we are getting, you need to sort your shit out and help us on consol it seems we are paying for something that we are slowly being taken from is thanks again guys for nothing just take take take 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Cookster1234 said:

You cant be serious your taking the piss out of us on xbox, we paid for a game thats getting worse by the day, in the evenings the server have a lot of population so why the hell you taking more servers off us, if their has been a drop in people its because your lack of help with the problems we are getting, you need to sort your shit out and help us on consol it seems we are paying for something that we are slowly being taken from is thanks again guys for nothing just take take take 

That still leaves a lot of servers. Majority of the time, a lot are low pop. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

That still leaves a lot of servers. Majority of the time, a lot are low pop. 

They are medium to high in evenings seriously more people will come back as soon as they help out xbox and fix the problems people are getting, if you notice the only low pop servers are  ight because its to long and people dont like playing it in the dark simple.

• Like 3

Will there be any community servers introduced for Xbox dedicated or custom servers. Im not overly happy about losing servers but this could give me hope going forward. 

• Haha 2

Welcome to the news show. Today I’ll be talking about the 1.03 update coming to Xbox. Good luck finding a m4 and a akm to put the bayonet on because that’s going to be fun using. Also good luck finding 90% of the new gear because it’s going to get duped to hell. What a waste of time fix this duping it’s pointless. Night vision goggles are going to be impossible to find

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

you guys are literally sabotaging your own community. 

you won't server lock characters (which fixes duping and ghosting) because you state you want people to be able to play with their friends... 

... but your happy to just delete untold bases and stashes that those friends have put hours into building? 

how do players go about transferring 20 hours of collecting building materials which are now walls etc? 

@ImpulZ

this game is gunna die, for real. 

I was playing daily until this new game freeze bug started happening multiple times an hour, can't bring myself to load it up now. 

• Like 6
  • Beans 2

I have spent countless hours building a damn base on 8638 stocking it with supplies taking time out of my day to go find shit to put into and now you're just going to get rid of all the work i put into it? Who the fuck came up with this stupid ass idea what if I don't want to constantly PVP other players and shit and just want to play with my friends I am very disappointed in bohemia as i am a long time fan of the Arma Series and bought Dayz because of the fact it was made by the creators of Arma very disappointed not really wanting to play the game anymore as I don't feel like waisting the time when you're just going to delete servers "for higher chances to find other players" which I'm not at all thrilled about as almost anyone not your clan mates or buddies are absolute kill on sights and shit gets dumb with meatballing and other game exploits you've yet to fix

Edited by oxe
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Goodbye low pop servers. One of my fav games but, this is going to kill it. You are making a mistake. I personally know 20 to 25 ppl who will prob stop playing, but doubt you care. At least they paid for the game

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, oxe said:

10 minutes ago, oxe said:

I have spent countless hours building a damn base on 8638 stocking it with supplies taking time out of my day to go find shit to put into and now you're just going to get rid of all the work i put into it? Who the fuck came up with this stupid ass idea what if I don't want to constantly PVP other players and shit and just want to play with my friends I am very disappointed in bohemia as i am a long time fan of the Arma Series and bought Dayz because of the fact it was made by the creators of Arma very disappointed not really wanting to play the game anymore as I don't feel like waisting the time when you're just going to delete servers "for higher chances to find other players" which I'm not at all thrilled about as almost anyone not your clan mates or buddies are absolute kill on sights and shit gets dumb with meatballing and other game exploits you've yet to fix

I know dude. It doesnt make any sense. I played religiously for months. They are going to be so many ppl kos that it's not going to be fun anymore.

Server population is the least of the games worry.

Sort the bigger issues out then look at doing this, don't you think it's time you actually listened to the players?

Edited by Tino81
  • Like 2

Ok. So our ROLE PLAY COMMUNITY is included in one of those servers listed. There’s 100+ regular players, 12 factions, load of squads and solos that build and play on that server daily because of its low pop low kos reputation we’ve created on a public. we have hundreds of hours of building time for all the community hubs, boxing rings and centres we’ve built around the map. 

Your destroying our home. Our effort and trust in you. 

It it was hard enough trying to run a roleplay community pre-release because of the random wipes, ghosting and meatballing but now your taking our past couple months pride and effort away from us too. Jesus Bohemia. What are you doing really...

we need low pop or even private (one can dream) to function. You can’t build and be organised with random chaos happening everywhere... we deserve organised chaos. Don’t destroy our low pop server please...

love DPA (DayZ Preservation Association)

https://discord.gg/EWE29N3

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

more b/s there is an element of the community that love the low servers because it gives you opportunity to explore  hunt food, gather stuff and interacting on low pop isn't normally KOS . you're damaging the game and community.

• Like 3

This is a bad move. I’ve been playing since the first day this came out and most of it is in low to medium population servers to avoid the kos from crane snipers on the coast. Anyone who wants player interaction has no problem finding it in high pop servers. The real problem is that I have not found a single automatic weapon aside from the mp5 or scorpion since the update because of duping. I’m a daily player and hit at least two military spawn site a day. That’s no exaggeration. No one naturally spawned m4 ak fal not even a usg. I’ve found 10 helicopter crashes without even a single gun. You have to fix the duping. Server locking characters isn’t something I want to see but if it stops duping and server hopping military sites maybe it’s for the best. If this drives off the dupers then maybe player encounters get better and being forced into high pop is a little less bitter of a medicine. 

Edited by OldAssPwnr
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

I bought the xbox version a month ago and had trouble finding a low pop server. Most were medium or high so god knows where this has come from unless its purely cost driven.

I actually switched the pc version recently and I don't regret it. 

It really looks like the xbox version was a money grab to extract cash from the huge play base that the consoles generate. Unfortunately console players (and im one too) are a little less patient than PC players and if the game doesn't work on release then it doesn't last long. Even AAA games can die a death very quickly on console if the devs don't look after the community (look at Read dead online 2)

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I'ii be honest, when i first read Xbox Players on the twitter notification here in my phone i was excited thinking it was the 1.03 update finally dropping lol. 

• Haha 1

It's pretty much clear that the Xbox community is losing players and because of that there are many low to empty servers, if you guys don't fix dupping and meatballing, and also the spawns of some military weapons like AKMs and M4A1s more Xbox players will stop playing the game by the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cookster1234 said:

They are medium to high in evenings seriously more people will come back as soon as they help out xbox and fix the problems people are getting, if you notice the only low pop servers are  ight because its to long and people dont like playing it in the dark simple.

I know what your saying but when theirs a update the people come back until they realise its not playing right

57 minutes ago, irishmic said:

more b/s there is an element of the community that love the low servers because it gives you opportunity to explore  hunt food, gather stuff and interacting on low pop isn't normally KOS . you're damaging the game and community.

Agree now their will be no time to build or do what we are supposed to be doing they argued with me when i said i like pvp they said its a survival more than pvp now they are making it more pvp they realy dont know what they are doing themselves.

@ImpulZ I've personally got nothing against servers being removed, but it seems like a knee jerk reaction to a lower player base when massive issues such as duplication, server hopping, combat logging, etc are still driving players away. People are stopping playing as even heli sites don't spawn high level weapons anymore. Servers are running very badly as there full of gigantic bases built with duped materials. Until these issues are fixed the player base will continue to bleed out

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

@ImpulZ I've personally got nothing against servers being removed, but it seems like a knee jerk reaction to a lower player base when massive issues such as duplication, server hopping, combat logging, etc are still driving players away. People are stopping playing as even heli sites don't spawn high level weapons anymore. Servers are running very badly as there full of gigantic bases built with duped materials. Until these issues are fixed the player base will continue to bleed out

First of all, we are very aware of the current issues on Xbox, especially the duping, ghosting, freezes etc. Our team is working on resolving these issues, but sadly it will still take some time until those fixes will be published.

Until then, duped gear has to be stored somewhere. A general higher population on servers makes it also more difficult for dupers to hide their bases. And DayZ is designed as a multiplayer experience, so while there are certainly hotspots and more abandoned areas on the map, DayZ is designed as a Multiplayer experience.

Regarding the server locks. This server shift (which we try to avoid, but sometimes there is no alternative to keep players together) is an example why player locks to individual servers would be a problem, as in this case all affected players would completely lose their gear. This way, you can deconstruct your bases and transport your loot to a different server. Yes, it might be a huge amount of effort and sounds harsh, but it is better then having everything wiped without being able to save anything.

We are doing our best to announce these changes as soon as possible to give everyone the chance to prepare for it.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

First of all, we are very aware of the current issues on Xbox, especially the duping, ghosting, freezes etc. Our team is working on resolving these issues, but sadly it will still take some time until those fixes will be published.

Until then, duped gear has to be stored somewhere. A general higher population on servers makes it also more difficult for dupers to hide their bases. And DayZ is designed as a multiplayer experience, so while there are certainly hotspots and more abandoned areas on the map, DayZ is designed as a Multiplayer experience.

Regarding the server locks. This server shift (which we try to avoid, but sometimes there is no alternative to keep players together) is an example why player locks to individual servers would be a problem, as in this case all affected players would completely lose their gear. This way, you can deconstruct your bases and transport your loot to a different server. Yes, it might be a huge amount of effort and sounds harsh, but it is better then having everything wiped without being able to save anything.

We are doing our best to announce these changes as soon as possible to give everyone the chance to prepare for it.

I appreciate all the hard work the team is doing in regards to fixing exploits but I believe it benefit the game & the player base if this background work on exploit fixes was discussed more frequently with the console community to increase faith/hope amongst players. Also some official statement on all social media platforms stating that this behaviour is viewed as cheating/exploitative may stop a few players doing it, I'm aware that the dev team do view it as such but many new  players don't. The logic that pushing casual players, survivalists, etc onto higher higher pop servers to apply pressure onto people duping or making duping bases more easily found is flawed. Sending a load of SG5k players to fight metal fortresses filled with LAR toting Dupers doesn't sound like a fair or fun gameplay experience & is likely to just push more players away. And arguable having character locked servers with loot that actually spawns, a server that runs effeciently but may get shutdown causing players to lose loot & character is still better than people not finding high level loot due to duping & having bad server stability across the board.

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

They are taking away 23 servers and making new players and players that haven't been able to find high level loot thanks to all the duping play together. This is gonna make to game no fun for anyone that just starts playing it since all the dupers want to sit around and kill the fresh spawns. The guns you can find is no match for the high level guns that they have. The taking away of 23 more servers will most likely kill the game for most people. The DEVS need to give the console community more information about what is going on with the fixes instead of hey we are gonna take 23 more of your severs to force more of you to play together. This is gonna cause the lag that is still there when you get into a congested area to be worse. Lets hope the DEVS can get the heads on straight and get things fixed. 

Edited by faf20121975
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

@ImpulZ Maybe instead of removing these servers, why not make them character locked servers and leave them online while dev resolves the issues with regards to the game exploits.

Try it, I'm sure these servers would become very popular amongst all player styles 🙂

• Like 4

Since when did dayz go from zombie survival to battle royale??? Dayz is not fucking pubg where you have to eliminate everyone to win. Lock player characters to servers to stop server jumpers, dupers, and ghosting. If you fucks would actually listen to us and gix the shit that needs to be fixed you people wouldnt have so many pissed off at you bohemia... And its so ignorant to assume that every fucking player want to be a pvp player. News flash fuckers not everyone want to comstantly pvp and lose their hard earned shit. Oh wait u fuckers are doing that for them anyway. They invested shit loads of hrs building and gather but since u fuckers want the game to be played like pubg ur knocking out servers to force player interactionswhy the hell did u even create dayz in the first fucking place??? Should have upgrade pubg. 

Edited by Max Planck
Just don't
  • Thanks 1