donnyuk78

Questions - found top end stuff and scope

Good morning,

Last night after a server reset.... I was checking out houses and i stumbled on some high end gear (inbetween berezino - nizhnoye i think) there was a couple of military packs and equipment just laying around. There was a lot of ammo too. I could only see one AR around so like a good survivor i took the AR and ammo and a military back clothing and helmet.

I then started thinking how odd that was right? What happen to the owners ? Had they just died? Had they left there stuff there and wondered off somewhere exploring? Was it dudped gear, i thought dupe stuff reset with a server reset? 

Those are my questions and my other one is .... How do use the scope thats attached? I press right button on the controller and it seem to go to look down it but pinged out again?

I mean this gun is totally  wasted on me and no doubt it won't be with me long 😂😂 but what's a guy suppose to do when you stumble a cross top end stuff 👍😂

Reagrds

DonnyDanger78

• Like 1

The Atog now has two options on sights, the actual scope and then the "iron sights" on top of it.

Hold LT and then Right D-Pad to switch between the two, does it stay in "option" when holding LT?

2 hours ago, donnyuk78 said:

😂😂 but what's a guy suppose to do when you stumble a cross top end stuff 👍😂

Take cover!

At least that's the lesson someone taught me recently. I was fairly fresh off the beach, and had only found pink clothes and broken can openers thus far, when I happened upon a pile of good loot in some random house.

"Wow", I thought, "it's my lucky day". But it wasn't my lucky day, it was the day I took the bait. I didn't even hear the shot.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Haha 2

No to sure I'll have a look tonight, it was the last thing i did..... That and run 😂

1 hour ago, FearFokkol said:

The Atog now has two options on sights, the actual scope and then the "iron sights" on top of it.

Hold LT and then Right D-Pad to switch between the two, does it stay in "option" when holding LT?

58 minutes ago, Max Planck said:

Take cover!

At least that's the lesson someone taught be recently. I was fairly fresh off the beach, and had only found pink clothes and broken can openers thus far, when I happened upon a pile of good loot in some random house.

"Wow", I thought, "it's my lucky day". But it wasn't my lucky day, it was the day I took the bait. I didn't even hear the shot.

Yea i had thought it could be a trap so i pegged it for a while in the dark then hide in a building. 😂

No one came so i logged out after 5 minutes.

Which still posses the questions.... What happen to them or did i just rob them when they were out exploring? Surely they would have been better hidden? 

Or maybe the doors were locked? As they had lockpicks .... Do doors become unlocked on a server reset? 

DonnyDanger78

1 minute ago, donnyuk78 said:

No to sure I'll have a look tonight, it was the last thing i did..... That and run 😂

Seems like that might have been bait loot but a really nice find, just keep to cover, dont move out in the open and check the surroundings,  any Mil weapon right now would be a "sought" after weapon on DayZ and possibly attract alot of attention from other players just for the that reason, also there is the possiblity of being seen as a duper, alot of streams currently on DayZ, whenever they are carrying KAM, M4, LAR, the comments/chat is always filled with "Thats duped gear" LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, donnyuk78 said:

Or maybe the doors were locked? As they had lockpicks .... Do doors become unlocked on a server reset? 

DonnyDanger78

Yes, locked doors are unlocked after server reset

• Like 1

Yes so i found the KAM ..... Does dupe stuff reset with a server reset? 

1 minute ago, FearFokkol said:

Yes, locked doors are unlocked after server reset

Probably what it was then... Just pure luck to be in the right place at the right time i guess. 

sounds like a duper, a result of duping is stuff gets left behind exactly how you have described

the extent to what can be duped is actually insane at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Nitroglycerine said:

sounds like a duper, a result of duping is stuff gets left behind exactly how you have described

the extent to what can be duped is actually insane at the moment. 

Maybe it was duper but the server had reset about 5 minutes previous ....I thought that would sort out duped items? 

Just now, donnyuk78 said:

Maybe it was duper but the server had reset about 5 minutes previous ....I thought that would sort out duped items? 

as far as I am aware, a server reset doesn't affect dropped items, they will stay there for X amount of time after being dropped. 

EG> you murder a player he will drop his gun(if he's holding one of course) on death, then server restarts... his gun is still on the ground where he died, but his body is not

I've also been caught out by server restarts when swapping loot, and stuff I've dropped has been there afterwards. 

if this has changed I haven't experienced it yet

On 5/17/2019 at 10:26 AM, FearFokkol said:

Ok so I'm back on and the scope is now working so i guess it was a bug at the point. Thank you for your help though 👍