Sil3nt

Is there a way to communicate to the console Devs??

Basically as the title states is there anyway to talk top the Devs?? There is a easy fix for Server hopping and dupers with a semi server lock.  What you do is have one character per server so you aren't stacking up one main character. If you want to go play on another server with a buddy cool but you start over again with a new character...  Any thoughts???

1 hour ago, Sil3nt said:

is there anyway to talk top the Devs??

If you want to send a message/suggestion to the Devs just add a Moderator name into your message.  Type  an followed (without a space) by the name of one of the Staff here..  You get a dropdown list as you type after the @ and you click on the name -  it comes out like this
 @Robzom11   - just put the @ and start typing the name you want. 

Do that and the Moderator you name will get a call and will DEFINITELY come read you message (NO chance of them missing it).. anything interesting they will pass to the Devs.  The forum moderators are all listed under Staff, under the Browse heading at  top left of each page.   And you probably know  their names from the posts here.   ImpulZ  for instance often passes technical stuff to the Devs and comes back with their reply. 

OR you'll get a message back or a link to a thread where it has already been discussed, or is still being discussed, or maybe already answered..  Its GOOD to search on keywords, with the  search box - top right - see if there are old OR new threads with the same idea. If it turns  out to be not a new idea then you can join that thread and add your voice to the weight of opinion.

IMO

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 2

Lol, you must be new here.

Just saying... we been beating this horse carcass since before 1.0.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 2

Yea im new on the forum. Been playing the game for a little while

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

If you want to send a message/suggestion to the Devs just add a Moderator name into your message.  Type  an followed (without a space) by the name of one of the Staff here..  You get a dropdown list as you type after the @ and you click on the name -  it comes out like this
 @Robzom11   - just put the @ and start typing the name you want. 

Do that and the Moderator you name will get a call and will DEFINITELY come read you message (NO chance of them missing it).. anything interesting they will pass to the Devs.  The forum moderators are all listed under Staff, under the Browse heading at  top left of each page.   And you probably know  their names from the posts here.   ImpulZ  for instance often passes technical stuff to the Devs and comes back with their reply.

Thanks pilgrim, that's very... helpful.

I'd like to add though, that the moderating team (blue names) have duties of a more janitorial nature, such as dispensing sarcasm and closing perfectly valid topics, whereas the community managers (red names) are Bohemia employees who knows practically everything about the game. They are also in close contact with all departments of the dev team, are very friendly, have great hygiene and only rarely hit people with their keys. I'd suggest trying one of those.

• Haha 3
  • Beans 2

5 minutes ago, Max Planck said:

Thanks pilgrim, that's very... helpful.

I'd like to add though, that the moderating team (blue names) have duties of a more janitorial nature, such as dispensing sarcasm and closing perfectly valid topics, whereas the community managers (red names) are Bohemia employees who knows practically everything about the game. They are also in close contact with all departments of the dev team, are very friendly, have great hygiene and only rarely hit people with their keys. I'd suggest trying one of those.

I’m surprised you guys are able to type well considering the duct tape..

• Beans 1

2 minutes ago, Nayte said:

I’m surprised you guys are able to type well considering the duct tape..

I type with my nose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Also the dev team have considered character locked servers but decided against it, several threads about it in the past with direct links to community managers garnered no response but I did get a direct email response stating there reasoning for not trying server locks. 1) it'd confuse players with another server option In the server list. 2) they want to try methods for stopping exploits they had/have in the works in upcoming updates. The email was from before 1.01 hit console. So I'm assuming the methods were bringing character locks back which have since seem to be removed due to errors in the system & making people sit through the 15sec log out timer, both of which haven't stopped duping, server hopping etc. Hopefully there's more effective methods in the works.

A lot of ppl may not know, but server locked chars ( one hive per server ) would lead to a massive data monster which needs to get paid ( including memory capacity )... Its not worth it in general.

However, as a User, i can definitely understand those Statements ( and sometimes, i wish it would be a thing... ), but it would also be a problem for everyone. Being basically locked to one server ( regarding public server only ) stops us from interacting in a lot of ways too.

And before i forget to add: The Xbox system can also be a huge factor in many ways ( bugs, glitches, exploits etc )