RaptorM60

News regarding the 2019 roadmap

On 5/17/2019 at 1:32 PM, Influence_X said:

Yup. I'm totally fine with this. Content is coming along nicely. This community can be very very toxic when promises are not kept. 

Even if you weren't fine with it what would they do they released a completely broken game on PlayStation and they won't even tell us when they're going to fix it I paid $70 for a game that still in Alpha with a 1.03 slap next to it it's not finish just because you say it is please finish a game I paid full premium price for

17 hours ago, Doug Fuoco said:

Even if you weren't fine with it what would they do they released a completely broken game on PlayStation and they won't even tell us when they're going to fix it I paid $70 for a game that still in Alpha with a 1.03 slap next to it it's not finish just because you say it is please finish a game I paid full premium price for

HOLY SHIT!  You paid $70 for a Playstation game?  I paid $24 on PC back in 2014 for this game and have more than got my moneys worth.... albeit when it was actually more a of a game than an engine demo, but still WOW!  $70.00!  If that's true no wonder they were so quick to want to grab that console money.... these guys would pay whatever price you slap on the case....WOW!

Helicopters , barricading , advanced soft skills , bikes , c4 , shooting from vehicles , electricity to towns via substations , alcohol + weed , dynamic zombie hordes and much more... we deserve all these features as these were all teased and posted on status reports , roadmaps and trellos alike  throughout the years as a “to come before or after 1.0” type deal.

I was mostly excited for the advanced soft skills , I thought they would be a priority seeing as they can create long term persistent situations like medics and helicopter pilots or auto mechanics or what have you , but now it seems we will never get to that 😞 

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Sad 1

The OP claims this on his Linkedin...

◼ significantly improve the broken developer/customer communication

They've literally shut coms down and this thread is a testament to that in his own literal words.

Does anyone feel RaptorM60 has improved developer/customer communication?

• Beans 1

11 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

They've literally shut coms down and this thread is a testament to that in his own literal words.

Getting a bit personal there, aren’t we? Searching LinkedIn profiles to find dirt? It’s only a fucking game, man. 

Anyway, everybody exaggerates on their CV 😉

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, ThePugman said:

Getting a bit personal there, aren’t we? Searching LinkedIn profiles to find dirt? It’s only a fucking game, man. 

Anyway, everybody exaggerates on their CV 😉

Absolutely not. Whats the difference if it's Linkedin or Twitter? It's not true though, it's a fasle claim. Furthermore, it's not just a fucking game, man. I've invested over 333 days (over 8000 hours) of my life in game-play alone and a lot more in community building, server hosting, video editing, world editing, question answering, fund raising for server fee's, etc etc.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 3

17 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

17 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Absolutely not. Whats the difference if it's Linkedin or Twitter? It's not true though, it's a fasle claim. Furthermore, it's not just a fucking game, man. I've invested over 333 days (over 8000 hours) of my life in game-play alone and a lot more in community building, server hosting, video editing, world editing, question answering, fund raising for server fee's, etc etc.

It's just a game. If you invested money in third party content it's your only problem. I invested in a game called Starforge by CodeHatch. So to this point. No I don't agree, I was in the same situation as you are but it was still a video game. A game is a game. It's not our life. It's a fucking game. If I pay for a fucking serie and I'm not happy it's too late. I can promote the serie by creating a forum or a blog with my own money. But if the team behind the serie don't want to communicate that much it's their choice. But it's still a serie and not a fucking serie. I'll prefer we're clear on that point. You and only you put that much money and time. It's you and only you the guy behind all this waste. If you don't play the game... Are you going to get hurt ? No ? So what is the problem ? It's just a G-A-M-E.

Now, about the claim on his page.... Well... You know good games don't need roadmaps and blogs about the next feature released in 2022. Do you want CS:GO to say "hey we are working on a battle royal mod but at this time only minecraft battle royal is a thing ! See ya in 5 years if we manage to finish it !". Do the ArmA team told us we were going to get the "Contact" DLC in 2019 ? Did they told us we were going to get third party DLC and how much ? We all want to know what's next ! But why do you think the ArmA is going under the radar until they have something ready to release ? Or why Valve do the same ? Why do you think Bethesda is in damage control nowadays ? The communication with DayZ is a thing. Some members of the team talk to the players with twitter, on the forum and the feedback tracker is more than just active. If a server is going to shutdown we'll know when. We can sometimes see the team behind the camera in a live answering questions...

But like you I would like to see more communication from them because I'm used to the old days with the useless status report and roadmap. Yes it was cool when a status report ships... But what do we get really ? Text and pictures ? For something we'll get years after ? You'll create a hype for nothing ? What did they've got by doing that ? Ow... Bad reputation because they showed "content" but never released it... Alright so status report was cool but a bad idea... Roadmap maybe ? Oh wait it's just a wish list but you have no idea how much work you need to do it.... So you have to choose between frequent updates and following the roadmap.... I'm like you, I want to know what's going to be shipped during the year or the next year. Or just to know for the modders what is not going to be added this year. But the modders can speak with the dayz team and they are talking to them. They are communicating. It's not a lie. It's just us, the players who want more.

I'm maybe not a member of the dayz team. But I can at least try to understand why and what led them to choose a path. They had 5 years to think about that. How much time have you been thinking about it ?

Hope I was cristal clear.

Edited by Lt.Master
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

It's just a game. If you invested money in third party content it's your only problem. I invested in a game called Starforge by CodeHatch. So to this point. No I don't agree, I was in the same situation as you are but it was still a video game. A game is a game. It's not our life. It's a fucking game. If I pay for a fucking serie and I'm not happy it's too late. I can promote the serie by creating a forum or a blog with my own money. But if the team behind the serie don't want to communicate that much it's their choice. But it's still a serie and not a fucking serie. I'll prefer we're clear on that point. You and only you put that much money and time. It's you and only you the guy behind all this waste. If you don't play the game... Are you going to get hurt ? No ? So what is the problem ? It's just a G-A-M-E.

Now, about the claim on his page.... Well... You know good games don't need roadmaps and blogs about the next feature released in 2022. Do you want CS:GO to say "hey we are working on a battle royal mod but at this time only minecraft battle royal is a thing ! See ya in 5 years if we manage to finish it !". Do the ArmA team told us we were going to get the "Contact" DLC in 2019 ? Did they told us we were going to get third party DLC and how much ? We all want to know what's next ! But why do you think the ArmA is going under the radar until they have something ready to release ? Or why Valve do the same ? Why do you think Bethesda is in damage control nowadays ? The communication with DayZ is a thing. Some members of the team talk to the players with twitter, on the forum and the feedback tracker is more than just active. If a server is going to shutdown we'll know when. We can sometimes see the team behind the camera in a live answering questions...

But like you I would like to see more communication from them because I'm used to the old days with the useless status report and roadmap. Yes it was cool when a status report ships... But what do we get really ? Text and pictures ? For something we'll get years after ? You'll create a hype for nothing ? What did they've got by doing that ? Ow... Bad reputation because they showed "content" but never released it... Alright so status report was cool but a bad idea... Roadmap maybe ? Oh wait it's just a wish list but you have no idea how much work you need to do it.... So you have to choose between frequent updates and following the roadmap.... I'm like you, I want to know what's going to be shipped during the year or the next year. Or just to know for the modders what is not going to be added this year. But the modders can speak with the dayz team and they are talking to them. They are communicating. It's not a lie. It's just us, the players who want more.

I'm maybe not a member of the dayz team. But I can at least try to understand why and what led them to choose a path. They had 5 years to think about that. How much time have you been thinking about it ?

Hope I was cristal clear.

It's not just a game, this isn't parcheesi...this is business. When you start paying taxes, it's no longer a game kid. I represent thousands of players in my community that have invested a lot of their money and time. I'm the guy you should be standing behind, not fighting with. What are you the CEO's mother or something? Do us all a favor, keep it moving and quit talking out of the side of your neck...hope that is CRYSTAL enough.

PS, welcome to the ignore list.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

It's not just a game, this isn't parcheesi...this is business. When you start paying taxes, it's no longer a game kid. I represent thousands of players in my community that have invested a lot of their money and time. I'm the guy you should be standing behind, not fighting with. What are you the CEO's mother or something? Do us all a favor, keep it moving and quit talking out of the side of your neck...hope that is CRYSTAL enough.

PS, welcome to the ignore list.

Time for a break. The thousands of people you represent can have one too.
Enough with the aggression towards other users.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

4 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

It's not just a game, this isn't parcheesi...this is business.

Weyland.... I am normally right there w3ith you, but in this case, I differ.  It is just a game, we chose to spend time in it, we chose to build communities around it, and we chose to put our own time and resources into building it.  BI let us down, man.  I mean they let EVERYONE down.  After months of asking why, and receiving nothing but threats of being banned from this forum and reddit, I decided that while I have made more online friends and have very nice group of people I now play games with because of DayZ, I pulled our server and will wait till the right mod comes along that deliver something closer to what BI has failed to do... deliver the definitive survival game.  Epoch is likely to be THAT mod.  I am following them closely, if they deliver, I will invest our community funds into DayZ just to have Epoch.   But let's not kid ourselves, the base game will NEVER measure up to anything we or even BI want.

On 6/6/2019 at 6:57 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

HOLY SHIT!  You paid $70 for a Playstation game?  I paid $24 on PC back in 2014 for this game and have more than got my moneys worth.... albeit when it was actually more a of a game than an engine demo, but still WOW!  $70.00!  If that's true no wonder they were so quick to want to grab that console money.... these guys would pay whatever price you slap on the case....WOW!

I paid about the same or whatever the original 2013 release price was.  $70 Playstation but in what currency?  Here in Canada it's CDN$ 59.99 which is $39.99 more than it's worth in it's current condition.

I don’t even remember what I paid but I was far more excited to play the game at the time of purchase more so than I am now , which is funny cuz it’s like 3 times the original price or some shit ... they need to finish it (read : feature complete) and at that point it will be worth the price they are asking for now even with lots of  bugs ...

it seems worth it play for the player encounters still of course , but for a day one player like me there was soooo much more in the pipeline that I was so excited fro that we still have yet to get even a small taste of . I play dayz only a few hours a week now if that , where as when I was optimistic and 100% sure they would feature complete within just a couple years after the decision on the engine change , I would play for 8-10 hours every day off ... but times change, business plans expand , and I guess future games needed dayz to be a silly guinea pig for its testbed engine to drive the new series of BI games .

I don’t mind this at all so long as dayz isn’t stagnated on for more years to come , we need to see serious progress soon or else it will be a huge kick in the nuts to us OGs who we’re supporting you before you dropped your mentality of “pc first” (pc version was supposed to be a feature complete pc version before the console releases debuted - your words not mine, this did not happen but you can say it’s “technically” feature complete, but many fans would disagree).  

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Beans 1

On 6/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, Max Planck said:

Time for a break. The thousands of people you represent can have one too.
Enough with the aggression towards other users.

So you want to do this in the open now? Not very professional Max. 

Discussing moderation outside of PMs to one of us is also a no no

-Accolyte

Why should thousands of players stop playing DayZ? Because they're looking for answers about game-breaking issues they should take a break? Is that really what we need right now? Do you think Marek Spanel would approve of his forum moderation staff telling thousands of players to take a break from playing his IP?

Wait, you have a question about something that makes the game unplayable? No we won't give you an answer, take a break instead!

Staff here has set a precedent on aggresive behavior/swearing/etc and if I'm openly taking a break, then Lt. Master should be taking a break too and he should be notified here openly. He's swearing and being rather aggressive. I simply told him to stop talking crap the most benign way possible. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Beans 1

9 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Staff here has set a precedent on aggresive behavior/swearing/etc and if I'm openly taking a break, then Lt. Master should be taking a break too and he should be notified here openly. He's swearing and being rather aggressive. I simply told him to stop talking crap the most benign way possible. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

I have to agree on one thing. My post was not really friendly and I have to apologize on that. I'm usualy not that much aggressive. I don't know if it's just me being French or the way you talk to people but every single times I see you posting something I have the impression that you try to hammer someone. Once again I see you hammering someone who did or didn't do the right thing. Again, it's maybe me but this is the impression I have of you. Oh and even if it was not the best idea of how to do it, I've wanted to step in and I have said what seems wrong to me as a player.

For you this game is not just a game and you represent a community. It's still a game for me and for many other people. The community I'm in doesn't care about the com while on your side not thinking the same.

I'll be honest with you, I could debate with you for hours on a lot of topics with truth and facts. But even after hours of talk, we'll be still stuck at the starting point for one good reason. It's not the community, it's the communities 🙂

Anyway, I'll shut it for good in this topic. I go back help the people in need.

I don't represent thousands... I represent about 50  regular players who stopped playing altogether because of the decisions being made to make this a console game while claiming it is still a PC game.  (A BIG FAT LIE BASED ON TECHNICALITIES) BI tried their best to cover themselves, but actions speak louder than words.  And here we are now with literally NO WORDS coming from BI.  The community has pretty much dried up less than 5,000 player average and now we/they are left hoping and praying modders can save the game that is DayZ.  And to top it off, critics are being squelched on the official forums.  I know there is only so much anger and vitriol that can be taken, but BI caused it.  If you make a decision to release a game than in no way should have been BY ANY MEASURE, you reap what you have sown gentleman.... Own up to it, don't hide and hope it goes away... it won't. Your decisions in the last 8 months have completely blown the trust of most of the gaming community here.  Long time, ardent supporters have left and there are currently very, VERY few playable community servers that have any kind of DayZ spirit, most are no stamina, and militarized trying to make Arma 4, it's pathetic.  And lashing out at those calling you out and questioning the ridiculous decisions that have been made don't help your cause.  Perhaps if you had been more transparent about the why then we might not be having this conversation, but no.  You just sprung it on everyone, we are releasing an unfinished game and expect everything to be Okay.  And THEN inform us that you were under no obligation to release it before Christmas.  Most people don't believe that, BTW.

And the console folks are not exactly happy either.  Both Xbox and Playstation are barely playable, Playstation is in worse shape with stuff loading in all the time, doesn't look like much effort put into performance tuning it for PS4.  The frames are not exactly great either.  A perfectly great game was rushed out on all fronts for a money grab, and I don't believe it even made it in the top 30 selling games on either console platform either... I wonder why????

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/dayz

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/dayz

Do not blame the people playing the game for questioning why when you cannot give us legitimate reasons for some of these decisions in the last 8 months or so.

So you can expect these arguments to continue as long as Bi continues to say nothing, don't provide any kind of roadmap, or even talk about what can be expected in the next patch.   Personally, for me, the real DayZ experience died the day BI decided to make the engine console friendly.  We have wonderful fps now, but the game lost it's soul in the process.  It's a lifeless, boring dreck of a game compared to 2014.  I want the real DayZ back, and while holding a pile of shit in one hand, I have to hope Epoch or one of the other talented modding teams actually can accomplish that in the other hand.  Does that make me salty?  Yes, and given what we were sold vs delivered, if that means you need to ban me or anyone else for pointing out the obvious and asking why?  So be it, my integrity will not be impugned the way BI has impugned their own.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Beans 1

16 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

The community has pretty much dried up less than 5,000 player average and now we/they are left hoping and praying modders can save the game that is DayZ. 

Looking at the steam charts, I have to dispute that. It’s averaged 8500 players in the past 30 days. The pop has steadily increased since February.

Last time it was higher than that was June 2016, when it was 10k ish.

https://steamcharts.com/app/221100

I don’t think critics are necessarily being squelched, either. Everyone’s just saying their opinion, man. We can disagree and still co-exist. 

Edited by ThePugman

3 hours ago, ThePugman said:

Looking at the steam charts, I have to dispute that. It’s averaged 8500 players in the past 30 days. The pop has steadily increased since February. 

I looked at the steam chart yet, I still screwed that sentence all to pieces when I wrote it.  I should have said "The community has dried up to less than 15.000 players peak"  Compare that to early 2014 where the game peaked 30 to 40K players and averaged 15K to 23K players.   We had a game that was flawed with shit frames in many places, but at least twice the content and the most important aspect.... it was fun.  Hell, we didn't even have base building, but it was fun.  We didn't need modded traders and all of that shit, some guy would just accumulate stuff, and place it on the ground in a bus stall in a high traffic area and be his own trader.  That was always the core of DayZ, do what you want.  We had the mil-sim crowd and the RP crowd sometimes within the SAME SERVER, it was exciting stuff.   You could get killed by falling from 3 inches, you had a chance of breaking your leg running down a large hill.  Certain trees would stop bullets from hitting targets.  The game was a broken mess back then, but it had heart, it had a soul.  It captured the imagination and kept you playing for hours on end.

The heart is almost gone.  It's not as gritty.  But they fixed the FPS, made it so players can't just zig zag on a dime at full speed, they've fixed a couple of big problems with the game, but in that process, they made countless missteps, COUNTLESS.  And then from late 2017 through 2018, the game took a turn for the worse, the steam numbers show that as well.   The team was still communicating and we were given status reports, but I believe we only had two updates during that time while the player controller the console pieces were implemented.  And then the biggest mistake was made, they released an unfinished, broken game, according to them, for no reason at all other than the development team wanted to release it.  But I, personally, do NOT believe that, and anyone that has followed this game, been a part of this community at least as long as I have knows that either they are lying or incompetent, or worse, both.  

I, and many others, railed against them releasing the game now for months on this forum, Reddit, and their  twitter account.  While they received a bump from XBOX and PS4, they never broke top 30 possibly top 50 console game sales in the months after their release.  DayZ lost it's momentum early on, and then lost the thing that made it fun over the last couple of years.  In 2014/2015 many people envisioned playing and supporting the game for years and years.  But many of those people are gone now, I'm only holding for hope out for Namalsk and Epoch.  But that says alot about where we are at this moment.  Hoping that modders can somehow recapture the DayZ experience.  DayZ was a mod of Arma 2, and now we are hoping that a mod of the StandAlone game can capture that same magic.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

54 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

The heart is almost gone. 

I kinda understand what you mean, to be honest. I first played the game in December 2018, and have clocked up 700 hours since then. I’m obviously loving it at the moment, but I still watch old videos (been watching content for years), and get nostalgic about it. The way the old engine was optimised for pc controls seemed to add to it’s depth and complexity. Something does seem off about it nowadays. It could just be that the hype I’d built up in my head, didn’t quite live up to the reality. That being said, it’s the only game I play, so I’m definitely hooked. I get absolutely giddy every time they release an update.

But yeah, since I’m a new player, and have seen 4 decent updates in 6 months, development seems be going well from my point of view. In hindsight, do agree that 1.0 was a bit of a joke, but if the population continues to grow, and the updates keep coming, I’ll be happy.

Edited by ThePugman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

@ThePugman  Based on your post history, you're an XBox player.  I'm glad you enjoy the game, as it is, right now.  But the game, DayZ, is nowhere near representative to the mod or the standalone game we were sold at the beginning of early access.  They had a blueprint, and while trying to make it bigger, grander, they completely destroyed what most DayZ Mod and early adopters of Standalone LOVED about the game.  It simply doesn't exist anymore.  We and that includes you are not getting the game we were sold.  You bought an incomplete mess of a game and while regualr updates are appreciated, the team is not giving out updates.  Look at Dead Matter, these guys are doing ALL the things right and they haven't even had an Alpha Test.  They are engaging with the community, they answer questions, and are building a community support system to help new people understand what is going on with the game.  They looked at how SCUM has failed, how H1Z1 has failed, and how DayZ ultimately has faltered, and are doing everything they can to purposefully not fall into ANY of those traps.  When they say they are working on this feature and then test it and it doesn't work, they tell everyone that it didn't work out, here's why.  They are super transparent and just nice as hell guys.  I would not be surprised if their game is not a success.

But as far as the game that I have well over 4,000 hours in, I cannot get past the fact that we are sitting here with a released game that is just a shell of it's former self.  I don't want nor intend to spoil your fun, but it will take a miracle for DayZ to recapture the spirit of itself again.

• Beans 2

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

@ThePugman  Based on your post history, you're an XBox player. 

Nah, I’m not anymore. I started on Xbox, but loved it so much, I bought a PC just to play it. The game must be doing something right to have that effect on me! 

• Sad 1

I remember, when I was reading those status reports few years back. I was watching those videos on YouTube, watching every step of the DayZ, which way it goes.. (coz in those years I did not have a solid PC to run that game properly) And from it, I got feeling of survival, fighting about your life. Now when a PS4 version got released, there was no time to wait.. I bought it, no matter what price it had.. 

Now, without roadmap, because developers know, if they won't keep they word, community going to eat them, so for making them feel safe, they cancel those status reports as well.. So we don't know anything about development and other things. Only what we can do is report those bugs, which they made in every update.

Now, after lot of time spent in DayZ on PS4, I need to say, that after finding your dream gear, you have nothing to do there.. Yeah, You can build the base:

But why, if combination locks doesn't work and there is no stuff which you really need.. Stock weapons? I'm not that kind, which need to spawn at coast and run through the map to hideout, to take my guns and go killing people.. Stock medicine? They don't have sense for now. . Stock axes, shovels, pickaxe? Wtf? Only what make sense is gardening which make you food.

What about cars. - Repair a car? They still not work properly and I don't talk about FPS drops, freezing in high speed.. And I hear about despawning on PC. 

In every update they adding more and more PvP stuff like guns, now granates.. It will be Okey, if guns are some civilian kind like some shotguns, pistols, more for defense, then for offense.. 

There is no hunting expect for shooting some deers, goats, cows.. No rabbit traps, no fishing traps..

Remedies doesn't have a real sence (now in 1.04 maybe a little). Running in rain for whole night, no symptoms of illness. Getting hit from zombie, rotten creature, turn from people.. No symptoms. Drink dirty water and eat 1 pill and woala, you are healthy. What about treatment for longest time? I can eat half of box multivitamin, without consequences. But in our country, on box of multivitamin is 1 pill on day.. (because after more pills, there is possibility too poop like thunderstorm). 

But I hope that DayZ will go to old trail and bring us more survival aspects, that looter shooter game.  

• Like 2

On 6/22/2019 at 2:23 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

Do not blame the people playing the game for questioning why when you cannot give us legitimate reasons for some of these decisions in the last 8 months or so.

Try the last two years.

<chirp><chirp><chirp> That's your current status report.

14 hours ago, Austin.lj14 said:

Are consoles ever going to see the 1.04 or is it a lost cause?

Going to drop in the next 24h (no joke go check on twitter)