Seen it All

Heli Crash Sites

Been playing for 6 months and haven't seen one yet?  Anyone got any advice to finding one?

I always find them when I'm not looking for them! I think I've only found four or five since the game came out. 

Probably circling green mountain might be a good start. Quite a few spots around there. 

I found a couple ,what I did or didn’t notice was the lack of smoke which I always thought you would see.

I find one every few days, i traverse the map heli spawn to heli spawn.... Just gotta be lucky really.. At the moment theres really no point in them though, the LARs and VSDs have been duped to non spawning existence... found an M4, LAR and VSD on heli crashes the first day of 1.01 then nothing at 15-20 ive come across since then

Sometimes they have smoke but the last one I found didn't. I just noticed something unusual that caught my eye and when I checked with binos it was a heli. No guns but I did get a utility butt pack 😁

If you have the app with the map you can see the crash sites. I usually plot a course that will allow me to hit one after another. Some days i get lucky and others i dont. Use binoculars or a long range scope to see when you get close to where one may be. This will save you time so you dont have to run all the way to a location. However dont get your hopes up. you'll probably make a long journey just to end up empty handed. Like going to NWAF. 

Last four I've found only had a ump and an sks ,two had no weapons at all. Duping a stopping anything from spawning. Hope it's fixed by next update as the games getting boring now.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Used the map and went to 3 that where mark.... None had a heli there. Did i miss something ? 

Reagrds

DonnyDanger78

2 minutes ago, donnyuk78 said:

Hi, 

Used the map and went to 3 that where mark.... None had a heli there. Did i miss something ? 

Reagrds

DonnyDanger78

Those are only potential heli crash sights, they could spawn at any of those map markers & could despawn a few minutes before you get there if your unlucky. Best way to find them is travel using routes that go by as many potential crash sites as much as possible and travel far a lot. I never stop moving and find 2-3 a day sometimes but ATM it's pointless as it's only military clothing spawning due to duplication. I haven't found a assault rifle of VSD in the last 10-15 sites. Just sks and 45 cal pistols and most had no weapon at all.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken the American helicopter doesn't have smoke but the Russian helicopter does show smoke. 

2 minutes ago, GolemNo9 said:

If I'm not mistaken the American helicopter doesn't have smoke but the Russian helicopter does show smoke. 

Hmm not sure about that. I have found heli sites with and without smoke but didn't pay attention to which nationality. I assumed they smoke for a while and then stop smoking after a while and before despawning. Not sure. 

I've found one on my own so far south west of NWAF and two when playing with a friend which was just north of the tents at NWAF and on the hill leading out of Zelengorsk opposite the petrol station on the hill.

Heli crash sites are like rocking horse sh*t!

After like 300 hours playind DayZ, I had only found one heli crash... until last friday; while playing the 1.03 update for the first time, I found three in just a few hours. In the first one I got a LAR, in the second a SVD and in the last nothing.

Definitely was my lucky day... but wasted my weapons because I only killed a guy with my LAR and got killed a lot more than usual.

They were all with smoke by the time I found them.

The American helicopter which should spawn m4s does smoke. It is slightly smaller and you are unable to get inside of it.

The larger Russian heli which should spawn the ak and vsd does smoke and you can crouch walk inside a side door or through the back.

I say they should spawn these items because those pesky dupers everyone complains about. While you most likely wont find any good weapons there you can still find military clothing and tents along with weapon attachments.

Movement. The smoke from the smoking choppers always bellow and the movement is rather attractive to the retina amongst static assets.

I found one the other day and all it had was an MP5K LOL. 

This game is sooo broken at them moment. But it's coming to PS4 so er … What ??? Nothing move along. lol

6 minutes ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

Movement. The smoke from the smoking choppers always bellow and the movement is rather attractive to the retina amongst static assets.

I found one the other day and all it had was an MP5K LOL. 

This game is sooo broken at them moment. But it's coming to PS4 so er … What ??? Nothing move along. lol

I checked one of these just as it spawned in, but nothing really of any use other than a box of 9mm rounds which I took for the SG5, all other items were,

2x Large Mil backpacks "Tan & Black" I think the two colors were

3x Beret's "Two red and one blue"

1x Mil jacket

1x Mil pants.