andysuter

Headset suggestions

Hi Guys,

Im looking for some recommendations on a new headset

I currently have a hyper x Cloud 2 (3.5mm jack not usb) on an onboard soundcard and im getting a lot of delay (I hear my voice 2 seconds after speaking) and echo in the game. Ive tried googling everything and adjusting everything I can find but its still there. I have the latest Realtek drivers (according to device manager driver update search). When googling I see a lot of reports of the Hyper X causing echos etc so I figure (with them being around 2 years old now), its time for a new set. My gaming buddy has crystal clear sound on his headset with all the same settings as me

I have a razor keyboard so liked the idea of a razor headset so I can adjust everything in the razor suite software but im open to ideas. Budget around £100 (uk)

I don't know much about headsets but upgrading from low budget to high budget headphones was like a new world to me. Few years ago I bought Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma and I can say I'm still more than happy to use them. Very soft and very good quality of audio. Might want to check them out at your local store.

1 hour ago, andysuter said:

Hi Guys,

Im looking for some recommendations on a new headset

I currently have a hyper x Cloud 2 (3.5mm jack not usb) on an onboard soundcard and im getting a lot of delay (I hear my voice 2 seconds after speaking) and echo in the game. Ive tried googling everything and adjusting everything I can find but its still there. I have the latest Realtek drivers (according to device manager driver update search). When googling I see a lot of reports of the Hyper X causing echos etc so I figure (with them being around 2 years old now), its time for a new set. My gaming buddy has crystal clear sound on his headset with all the same settings as me

I have a razor keyboard so liked the idea of a razor headset so I can adjust everything in the razor suite software but im open to ideas. Budget around £100 (uk)

echoes sound more like a software than a hardware issue to me. especially with a high delay.

with a 2 sec delay, it might as well be your buddy echoing your voice back through your communication software.

if you were to buy a new headset, but continue using the same connection method (3.5mm) you would most likely get the same issues again.

i would suggest, that you might test your setup with a different headset, or separate headphones and mic before you replace otherwise functional hardware.

as for giving advice for a headset, i would like to know if you are using the headset only for gaming purposes, or if you are using it for other purposes (watching movies, listening to music) as well.

especially music quality often suffers from some gaming headsets.

i am using separate headphones (Beyerdynimics DT-880) together with an AntLion ModMic 5. so i am getting a very high audio quality for my headphones combined with a high quality for my mic, with the extra flexibility and lower costs compared to normal headsets.

anyways, since your budget is only 100 pounds, this would be to expensive.

got a Logitech G533 Wireless few months ago, pretty nice (especially for the very moderate price)