ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.03

On 5/19/2019 at 5:45 AM, Derleth said:

Yeah, it started leaking the second I started the engine.

Definitely damaged tank then. None new spawned cars I tested on my server burned through fuel fast so not a bug issue. Epoxy used to fix that problem many versions ago by pointing it at the gas tank (where you fill with fuel), but I doubt it works now. If it does work, let us know.

Edited by C4-timah

Terrible Stable Update. Bugs/server crashes out the wazooo. What are you guys thinking?

I'm pretty much speechless about how awful this 1.0 game is, smh.

Feels like alpha to me, sorry.

OK, so I'm about 80% sure cars are despawning after a couple of days. This time I tested it by leaving bait in a tent just next to a very well hidden car. If the car was stolen, they would have had to have shown up with 2 tires, a battery and a plug  - AND passed up ammo/mags/decent loot and a tent (+camo netting). The tent and loot were untouched, but the car is gone. I've had a few cars vanish recently after a couple of days of non-interaction, and up until now I've been assuming theft... this instance reaks of despawn (bug or otherwise). Is there a new countdown timer on vehicles despawning?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Jizz said:

OK, so I'm about 80% sure cars are despawning after a couple of days. This time I tested it by leaving bait in a tent just next to a very well hidden car. If the car was stolen, they would have had to have shown up with 2 tires, a battery and a plug  - AND passed up ammo/mags/decent loot and a tent (+camo netting). The tent and loot were untouched, but the car is gone. I've had a few cars vanish recently after a couple of days of non-interaction, and up until now I've been assuming theft... this instance reaks of despawn (bug or otherwise). Is there a new countdown timer on vehicles despawning?

In the current server files the cars have their lifetime value set to 3. Now they are obviously not despawning after only three seconds, so I'm wondering what that value means and why it was set that way? I haven't noticed cars despawning, but my 4x4 was possessed by evil spirits and tossed around and damaged at every server restart until it was entirely ruined (after jumping over a concrete wall into a tree...). Our Olgas (we have three) have all behaved normally. One I left in a ditch after an embarrassing off road event still hasn't despawned.

14 hours ago, C4-timah said:

Definitely damaged tank then. None new spawned cars I tested on my server burned through fuel fast so not a bug issue. Epoxy used to fix that problem many versions ago by pointing it at the gas tank (where you fill with fuel), but I doubt it works now. If it does work, let us know.

It became ruined and despawned after its jump over the concrete wall near NWAF, so I can't test it. If I find a car on expy I'll give it a go, but I won't intentionally shoot holes in the cars I actually use 😄

Edited by Derleth
  • Haha 1

A very disappointing patch.  I have lost 3 sedans in the past few days.  Thought it was people finding them and taking them or destroying them.   But it looks like they despawn if other people are finding the same issue.   I usually remove the batteries and spark plugs to stop people taking them straight away and at least 1 was well hidden and in an area where not many people go.  It's hard to get a car going on the vanilla servers as I can loot all the major towns up north and I would be lucky if I found enough tyres to get 1 vehicle going.  I don't mind putting a bit of effort in, but it is op at the moment. 

Still too few to no tents. And I like to see that they make some poor decisions on item wear and it's always in the wrong direct to quick and zeds are still damaging your items way to fast.  I really wish they town down adding the new shiny items  and fix what we have as the game play is very very poor at the moment on vanilla.

6 hours ago, Fing said:

A very disappointing patch.  I have lost 3 sedans in the past few days.  Thought it was people finding them and taking them or destroying them.   But it looks like they despawn if other people are finding the same issue.   I usually remove the batteries and spark plugs to stop people taking them straight away and at least 1 was well hidden and in an area where not many people go.  It's hard to get a car going on the vanilla servers as I can loot all the major towns up north and I would be lucky if I found enough tyres to get 1 vehicle going.  I don't mind putting a bit of effort in, but it is op at the moment. 

I have a server on a private shard. We have plenty of spawned vehicles but I have not experienced any vehicles disappearing as of yet. They're all still in the same spots we've left them in. Does anyone know if this happening on experimental also or just the official public shard vanilla servers?

Edited by C4-timah

Agree....its really hardcore to run a server ATM....its a brainfuck and here is no way or a hotfix for this.

1.02 was "okay"  1-2 crashes per day on a full 80 slots server...but now..hell...

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, C4-timah said:

I have a server on a private shard. We have plenty of spawned vehicles but I have not experienced any vehicles disappearing as of yet. They're all still in the same spots we've left them in. Does anyone know if this happening on experimental also or just the official public shard vanilla servers?

I've been wondering about this. My belief is that its base on full non-interaction.. so no manipulating of inventory, parts or physical movement of the car. My 'bait' experiment may just be a coincidence, but it's such a small likelihood. It's also not beyond the pale that a hack is allowing players to find discretely hidden vehicles. 

Basebuilding needs a lot of tweaking. Many frames can't be build on fences/watchtowers, even if they don't get in collision with other objects or the ground is totally flat; and u only know that after placing the logs. So u dismantle and try again, but first u have to chop down another two trees, because the wooden logs disappear from fences after they are dismantled in 1.03. U gonna need a lot of tools (and time) for all this building and dismantling again, specially the shovel suffers hard as it can't (?) be repaired like the hatchet, saw or splitting axe. Losing tons of shovels in this progress i tried the pick axe, but only dismantle works (logs disappear anyway) with it, not building. U will just get the cycle for the starting animation and nothing happens.

The code of combination locks keep changing.

We have this "duct-tape-glitch" now at least since 1.0. Is this a feature or is it a bug?

Blood and health regeneration is still way too fast. It takes maybe 10 minutes to go from "flashing red" to full health recovery without using any treatment (apart from using some rags/bandages). There are medics in the game, they should have some reason to spawn.

Fractures! This is more important than another weapon or vehicle.

Heavy items need some fixing for carrying. With some u can jump and/or still use the "F3-glitch". Also we get some weird animations while carrying (the "long arm", items floating around your character).

The equipped knife sheath points in body regions where u really don't want it.

"disablePersonalLight" should be set to "true" by default.

Rotating items might glitch thru the inventory or overlay with other items.

Rain is often not visible / it rains during sunshine.

Infected spawn on roofs.

Hair/beard clipping thru hats/masks.

This all sounds bad, but this is still a great game for me, but it could be so much much better with tweaking health system and the basebuilding ("We are missing a lot of content, but with the Lada in the game and basebuilding implied, we think there is enough for an "endgame"" - this kinda were the devs words in December in one of the status reports, but this things are not really working well so far).

• Beans 3

C4 I'm not sure about despawning, but having lost 3 sedans in short notice in different places which I find very suspicious.  2 of the places I have had cars in and only 1 has been found as far as I'm  aware and we only lost 1 car in the last month and a half and I found that 30 feet away as they had got it stuck on a stump.  So I'm leaning to a cars despawning quickly on official servers.  It has to be less than 18 hrs as I left one the night before and it was gone by early afternoon the next day.   It was missing 2 wheels, Battery and spark plug so very hard to get it going and it was in a place where you had to be near it to see it.   Anything more than 300 ft away and you would miss it.   Plus there was a car tent in the same location and they could have found 2 tyres there, but they were accounted for.  They could have shot it up, but why waste the ammo?   Last time I did that it took 100 .45 rounds to do it.  Not sure how many rounds it takes on this update.  On a side note I wonder if the Lada we had that was leaking fuel and survived the crossover to 1.03 is still on the map?  It might have the longer timer still on it lol. 

PS this is on an official server so things could be different on a private one.

Edited by Fing
Adjustment

On 5/20/2019 at 3:36 PM, 357KevO said:

Terrible Stable Update. Bugs/server crashes out the wazooo. What are you guys thinking?

I'm pretty much speechless about how awful this 1.0 game is, smh.

Feels like alpha to me, sorry.

Not quite sure what's wrong with your client, but the only crashing issues I've had are when I'm trying to close the game entirely. 

Is running quite smoothly for me, and I'm shocked to say that as I might be one of the biggest critics of this game.

2 hours ago, Fing said:

C4 I'm not sure about despawning, but having lost 3 sedans in short notice in different places which I find very suspicious.  2 of the places I have had cars in and only 1 has been found as far as I'm  aware and we only lost 1 car in the last month and a half and I found that 30 feet away as they had got it stuck on a stump.  So I'm leaning to a cars despawning quickly on official servers.  It has to be less than 18 hrs as I left one the night before and it was gone by early afternoon the next day.   It was missing 2 wheels, Battery and spark plug so very hard to get it going and it was in a place where you had to be near it to see it.   Anything more than 300 ft away and you would miss it.   Plus there was a car tent in the same location and they could have found 2 tyres there, but they were accounted for.  They could have shot it up, but why waste the ammo?   Last time I did that it took 100 .45 rounds to do it.  Not sure how many rounds it takes on this update.  On a side note I wonder if the Lada we had that was leaking fuel and survived the crossover to 1.03 is still on the map?  It might have the longer timer still on it lol. 

PS this is on an official server so things could be different on a private one.

The cars in my possession are also pre-1.03. I have not tested any newly spawned cars post 1.03 to see if they disappear. Does anyone know were the persistence files/timers are located for vehicles? Please tell me they are not located within the .pbo files. 

Edited by C4-timah

On 5/21/2019 at 2:36 AM, Derleth said:

Our Olgas (we have three) have all behaved normally. One I left in a ditch after an embarrassing off road event still hasn't despawned.

Did that Olga in the ditch disappear? 

Part of my problem here is not knowing if the game (or anyone with a similar problem) is logging the despawn of a car. In my three day experiment I specifically DID NOT interact with the vehicle. I would spawn in to verify it was still there, then log. After about 3 days it was gone, and the loot in the tent was untouched. I'm making assumptions here (but certainly no stretch of logic) that a player stealing that car, either alone or with friends and having carried two tires and a battery to this remote location would have taken at least SOME of the loot in that tent. It's a non-zero chance they'd pass on everything inside, but very very unlikely.

I wanna talk about some building bugs I met in 1.03, I think the others had seen those bugs too in this patch.
1.When I put a barbed wire through the door, it will stuck at the door’s position whether you open it or close it, and the character get hurt by the stuck barbed wire, that means you cannot see it on the ground but the wire is there to hurt you. And my character was dead because of it. Now I don’t think I will add barbed wire to the door. I suppose the wire should go with the door while opening instead of stuck at the door original position?
2. If you build two doors connected to each other, one will be bug and cannot put a lock on it.
3. Barbed wire again! If you have added barbed wire to the wall or doors and you want to move it to your inventory, the game will crash everytime. I don’t know it’s me or others would have the same situation.

9 minutes ago, StephenWong said:

I wanna talk about some building bugs I met in 1.03, I think the others had seen those bugs too in this patch.
1.When I put a barbed wire through the door, it will stuck at the door’s position whether you open it or close it, and the character get hurt by the stuck barbed wire, that means you cannot see it on the ground but the wire is there to hurt you. And my character was dead because of it. Now I don’t think I will add barbed wire to the door. I suppose the wire should go with the door while opening instead of stuck at the door original position?
2. If you build two doors connected to each other, one will be bug and cannot put a lock on it.
3. Barbed wire again! If you have added barbed wire to the wall or doors and you want to move it to your inventory, the game will crash everytime. I don’t know it’s me or others would have the same situation.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

10 hours ago, Mr Jizz said:

Did that Olga in the ditch disappear? 

Part of my problem here is not knowing if the game (or anyone with a similar problem) is logging the despawn of a car. In my three day experiment I specifically DID NOT interact with the vehicle. I would spawn in to verify it was still there, then log. After about 3 days it was gone, and the loot in the tent was untouched. I'm making assumptions here (but certainly no stretch of logic) that a player stealing that car, either alone or with friends and having carried two tires and a battery to this remote location would have taken at least SOME of the loot in that tent. It's a non-zero chance they'd pass on everything inside, but very very unlikely.

I haven't been that way in a few days, I'll make sure to check on it tonight.

It is starting to look like some cars were corrupted by the update and are tossed about and damaged by server restarts, until ruined and cleaned away by the CLE. 

Edited by Derleth

7 hours ago, Derleth said:

I haven't been that way in a few days, I'll make sure to check on it tonight.

It is starting to look like some cars were corrupted by the update and are tossed about and damaged by server restarts, until ruined and cleaned away by the CLE. 

Interesting...

Are you able to confirm that it's only cars that came before the 1.03 patch? SO if I know for certain I'm driving a car that's come AFTER the patch it should stay?

This actually lines up with the first car I lost.. It was sitting in an unusual place with the two tires I left on it, both ruined, plus the radiator ruined. I thought maybe someone tried to drive it on two wheels, but there was no way they could have gone uphill and over a fence LOL. Did this patch/corruption also impact barrels? 

Edited by Mr Jizz

I confirm disappearance of cars.

I began to receive complaints from players that the machines they collected disappear within 12 hours or less.

My friends and I left two cars in the hangar, one of them was gone, the other fell into textures.

When we explored terrain, we observed that some cars were on the roof, and those that were without wheels changed their position.

It all started after completely erasing the database and reinstalling the server from scratch after patch 1.03. No mods on the server are worth all default configuration files. Now I have 1 server crash per day stable (with 10 players online on average)

I suspect the machines after crash / restart of server start to jump or move sharply damaged, so they are deleted. I recommended that players do not place cars near the walls and some objects, because in this case they are guaranteed to be lost.

Edited by hr1

On 5/21/2019 at 8:21 AM, Mr Jizz said:

@hr1The problems has been acknowledged and assigned on the feedback tracker. Feel free to weigh in over there --> https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139497

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 5/23/2019 at 5:47 PM, Mr Jizz said:

Interesting...

Are you able to confirm that it's only cars that came before the 1.03 patch? SO if I know for certain I'm driving a car that's come AFTER the patch it should stay?

This actually lines up with the first car I lost.. It was sitting in an unusual place with the two tires I left on it, both ruined, plus the radiator ruined. I thought maybe someone tried to drive it on two wheels, but there was no way they could have gone uphill and over a fence LOL. Did this patch/corruption also impact barrels? 

Happened with brand new spawned cars. Twice for me personally, and alot more for others. --> https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139497

On 5/24/2019 at 1:37 PM, 0.64 Freerider said:

Happened with brand new spawned cars. Twice for me personally, and alot more for others. --> https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139497

My server isn't having this issue. All 3 flavors of vehicle stay put after acquiring them.  I take it that this must be an issue for the public hive vanilla servers?

Good day, dear developers.
I would like to share my thoughts on the radio:
It is convenient to hang the radio on a backpack, but it is very noisy - I do not think that people will use it.
Why not make it noiseless. And why not make the radio start making noise when it’s nearby?
helly crash - so it would be more convenient for people to find them, and when using a radio station, the radius of the noise increased.
Do more helly crash and people will start using cool mechanics with a walkie talkie and a radio station.
And I want to see a couple of guns with a caliber of 5.45 and 60 magazines for m4 and a 75 drum for AKM.

• Beans 1

23 minutes ago, hegra said:

It is convenient to hang the radio on a backpack, but it is very noisy - I do not think that people will use it.

Agree, it is too noisy. Maybe keep it noisy when it is in your hands, but not when you strap it on your backpack.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

Agree, it is too noisy. Maybe keep it noisy when it is in your hands, but not when you strap it on your backpack.

yea or the devs could just put in a dial to change the volume like on a real radio

• Beans 1