ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.03

So I'm going to be straight with you, I think this patch was rushed. As soon as my server has updated to the latest release I've found several issues. 

1. You cannot go threw a gate or wall unless it is completely dismantled.

2. Vehicles that have been parked for a very short period time have just disappeared.

3.Code locks are still glitched to where you cannot unlock them properly.

4.The server crashes quite often and I know it's not just my server, allot of people are having the same problem.

5.And some persistent items are disappearing. 

• Beans 1

BI come on please !

Last patch you broke Garden Plots .... its a pain but people lived with it till this patch

BUT

This time you break gates this is game breaking .... are you trying to loose the player base

@Im_Khaos
Persistence issues are becuase the patch reset your xml files witht the default persistence for cars set to 3

Edited by Griev
  • Beans 1

Very good work keep it coming now all we need is some new cosmetics colors the entire community has been desperately awaiting this feature for a very long time thank you.

• Haha 1

Has anyone else noticed significantly increased fuel consumption? Or does my 4x4 have a leak? After I updated the server the car was damaged, one wheel and the trunk door were ruined. I put on the spare wheel and drove off but had to refuel soon after. Will try another car when I get back home, if that is normal it would seem my poor ada was messed up permanently by the update...

Edit: It was my 4x4 that had been damaged during the update/server restart, so it was probably leaking fuel. Got an Olga which works as normal. Next server restart the 4x4 jumped over a concrete wall into a tree and had all its wheels ruined. It probably became possessed by E-demons after the update, so best just let it die...

Edited by Derleth

In my server several cars are disappearing, several are ruining without reasons, wall and gates after dismantled are invisible and you can not exceed their limit, the combination loock are crash the client, as always the dayz being day

11 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

Are there plans on upping the global limits for high-end weapons? These new wooden crates can store rare long rifles and can be buried.

Buried items are significantly harder to find than visible above-ground storage. I'm sure there will be more posts of people saying "Where are the X guns?". They're all gonna be buried in this easy to craft wooden container, lost to the rest of the world.

Honestly I'd prefer having a craftable makeshift tent above ground than this bury-able box. Above ground storage have a more natural cleaning process with people raiding them and what not.

Just no! For raising weapon spawns rates are mods and traders. 

And since yits still impossible to place barrels near tries, these crates are fairy balanced. 

How many slots has the wooden crate?

And which materials are requird to craft?

Edited by hemmo

18 minutes ago, hemmo said:

How many slots has the wooden crate?

And which materials are requird to craft?

From the experimental update 1.03.151487 thread

repzaj1234 Posted Tuesday at 11:05 PM (edited)

These new wooden crates can fit long rifles and can be buried. 

https://imgur.com/a/OkVNGsm 

What's going to happen to weapons that have a global count limit? We'll never see any rare guns again.

Brother Hao Posted Tuesday at 11:30 PM

2 planks and 10 nails afaik

the crate stores 10 x 5. The picture shows a crate with an svd in

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone

Have the locks started to bugs after the update?

I noticed that every time I try to remove a padlock from the door the game close  without any error messages.......

Thanks !!!

Don't slide down ladders, unless you want your gloves ruined and your hands bleeding...

Perhaps that's always been in, but new to me, and seem to happen about 75% of the time.

• Beans 2

5 hours ago, hemmo said:

Just no! For raising weapon spawns rates are mods and traders. 

And since yits still impossible to place barrels near tries, these crates are fairy balanced. 

I think you misunderstood what I said. If you don't already know, certain military grade weapons have a global limit to how many guns can be spawned in the world. Let's say the cap is 30 for SVDs. You won't notice the changes in the loot economy right now, but 2 months down the road when 28 out of 30 SVDs are either in the hands of a player or buried in one of these boxes, people will be complaining. 

Believe me, all I've ever wanted was this game to be a harsh, unforgiving survival game like the mod was. 

Just now, repzaj1234 said:

I think you misunderstood what I said. If you don't already know, certain military grade weapons have a global limit to how many guns can be spawned in the world. Let's say the cap is 30 for SVDs. You won't notice the changes in the loot economy right now, but 2 months down the road when 28 out of 30 SVDs are either in the hands of a player or buried in one of these boxes, people will be complaining. 

Believe me, all I've ever wanted was this game to be a harsh, unforgiving survival game like the mod was. 

you can easily adjust that in the mission file in types.xml, by setting the values to "0" where you do not want them to be counted in the totals.

i have removed that on my server a long time ago, i am sure others have aswell, as it kinda does not work well in a single server economy. because turning it up will only result in people hoarding more of them, and them disappearing again

to be honest i am myself very skeptical about that feature. 

1 hour ago, Mookie (original) said:

Don't slide down ladders, unless you want your gloves ruined and your hands bleeding...

Perhaps that's always been in, but new to me, and seem to happen about 75% of the time.

I have never noticed that before, thanks for the heads up!

3 hours ago, g4borg said:

you can easily adjust that in the mission file in types.xml, by setting the values to "0" where you do not want them to be counted in the totals.

i have removed that on my server a long time ago, i am sure others have aswell, as it kinda does not work well in a single server economy. because turning it up will only result in people hoarding more of them, and them disappearing again

to be honest i am myself very skeptical about that feature. 

I wouldn't be too keen with removing caps for certain items except if they become extremely rare. Don't want everybody and their mom running around with sniper rifles and NVGs and stuff.

Do you know if the most popular gun mods implement global limits on their guns?

15 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

its new . . . .I just slid down  a ladder no gloves, had two cuts to bandage at the bottom, thats never happened to me before. I think its  a bit extreme. In the 1.02 I used to slide down ladders a lot without gloves, no problems, with gloves also, gloves still pristine. Gonna be a pain if they start getting ruined too . . ..

Edited by aux7

Can we get some transparency on the crashes please? I find it really rude the devs only reply to console peasants on Twitter these days.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, aux7 said:

its new . . . .I just slid down  a ladder no gloves, had two cuts to bandage at the bottom, thats never happened to me before. I think its  a bit extreme. In the 1.02 I used to slide down ladders a lot without gloves, no problems, with gloves also, gloves still pristine. Gonna be a pain if they start gttting ruined too . . ..

10 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

I think this is an effort to put realism in the game. I think the time would have been better spent working on the keeping the male player beards on their faces and not chasing them about in the air, lmao. I keep stopping my guy to shave him while we're playing because it cracks me up to see his beard bouncing above his head, lol.

But seriously, I would say that this new feature is more annoying than anything else. I get what they were trying to do. The bare feet/bleeding thing I totally get particularly because of stealth/PvP. It's the price to pay. But ruining gloves and making the good folk stop to bandage.. this doesn't add to my immersion. Perhaps if the purpose for the messed up gloves and bleeding hands could be explained it would make more sense.

Edited by Leah Snow
clarity

13 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

No, you want some higher grade weapons for possible unfair advantage. Your motive is easly said pvp. Trust me, you need mods and traders m8. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Leah Snow said:

I think this is an effort to put realism in the game. I think the time would have been better spent working on the keeping the male player beards on their faces and not chasing them about in the air, lmao. I keep stopping my guy to shave him while we're playing because it cracks me up to see his beard bouncing above his head, lol.

But seriously, I would say that this new feature is more annoying than anything else. I get what they were trying to do. The bare feet/bleeding thing I totally get particularly because of stealth/PvP. It's the price to pay. But ruining gloves and making the good folk stop to bandage.. this doesn't add to my immersion. Perhaps if the purpose for the messed up gloves and bleeding hands could be explained it would make more sense.

I think it is a sensible, logical addition. Sliding down the whole length of a radio tower ladder without stopping, without gloves, is something that just shouldn't be possible. It gives gloves a little more purpose than mere cosmetics and protection from gory hands. Gloves should definitely last a little longer though, mine were badly damaged after three or four watch towers, that's a bit over the top since those ladders aren't very long. 

Best thing would be if the character risked losing his grip if he kept sliding after both hands have been injured. Give a few seconds to react and stop sliding, then waaaaaaaAAAAH <splat>

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 3

7 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I think it is a sensible, logical addition. Sliding down the whole length of a radio tower ladder without stopping, without gloves, is something that just shouldn't be possible. It gives gloves a little more purpose than mere cosmetics and protection from gory hands. Gloves should definitely last a little longer though, mine were badly damaged after three or four watch towers, that's a bit over the top since those ladders aren't very long. 

Unfortunately a lot of things have completely unrealistic life cycles. it becomes a major inventory issue if we have to carry spares/backups for things. Or the associated repair kits. So when you go raiding, you would pick up two or three items instead of one so you are covered when the item fails and or you cannot repair it any more

7 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Best thing would be if the character risked losing his grip if he kept sliding after both hands have been injured. Give a few seconds to react and stop sliding, then waaaaaaaAAAAH <splat>

Im still nervous about radio towers and chimneys because of the original failures/bugs getting off and on and the subsequent waaaaaaAAAAAah splat

Edited by aux7
  • Beans 1

12 hours ago, aux7 said:

its new . . . .I just slid down  a ladder no gloves, had two cuts to bandage at the bottom, thats never happened to me before. I think its  a bit extreme. In the 1.02 I used to slide down ladders a lot without gloves, no problems, with gloves also, gloves still pristine. Gonna be a pain if they start getting ruined too . . ..

I was wondering when will that be in the game, because sliding down with bare hands makes absolutely no sense. Your hands would get sore just by climbing up and down ladders without gloves. Gloves should also be damaged by sliding, jut maybe not as dramatically. 

I see we're back to messed up key bindings. When editing bindings, literally everything is bound at once, so for example I would press the key for moving forward and it would bind together keypress+thumbstick+trackir axis. This was in at the moment when the controller wasn't even turned on, just the dongle was inserted. The same goes for having bindings in both columns, say the default controller input in right column and when changing the key binding in left column,  upon hitting apply all is merged into one column as a combination of both inputs, rather than two separate bindings for the same action.

I had to unplug everything and keep just mouse and keyboard, re-bind all keys. 

8 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

I was wondering when will that be in the game, because sliding down with bare hands makes absolutely no sense. Your hands would get sore just by climbing up and down ladders without gloves. Gloves should also be damaged by sliding, jut maybe not as dramatically. 

I dont mind it, its just the rate at which things deteriorate

• Like 2