WOLVERlNES

Land Mine Persistence?

How long do land mines persist for and can they be disarmed?

1 hour ago, RussianReavers said:

How long do land mines persist for and can they be disarmed?

no more than few hours. can not be disabled.

Ive never found a land mine either I just assumed it's a unicorn line the m4 and ak

On 5/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, Sil3nt said:

Ive never found a land mine either I just assumed it's a unicorn line the m4 and ak

They are pretty damn rare, and it does not make it any easier that its one of the items that gets duped in excessive amounts.

I remember finding a large tent that was filled up with 100 land-mines (not kidding) and if anyone claims they were found the legit way then unicorns are true and walking amongst us unnoticed. 🙂

I also remember a good night a mate of mine had (you know who you are my brother in arms and smoke!) while we were laying in ambush at the rocky hills overlooking Kamy (just north-west of Kamy with a great view) for 5-6 hours straight.

We were in full gillies (and backpacks dug down 200 meters behind us for easy access if needed) and was both sporting SVD's and AR's - gotten the legitimate way, gillies were homemade and the guns were take from opponents they day earlier - and was having fun scaring people in Kamy by taken shots close to them (we only aimed to hit if they were solid geared) and blasting everyone who came to investigate the shots from our position, except one lucky guy who made the right decision and came walking slowly up to us with his arms up who we befriended and convinced to go into Kamy to be our spotter who could get the gear from any geared players we popped.

We had the longest kill-streak any of us got in this game and it was impossible to stop - in the 5-6 hours we were stationed there only one of us got killed (me, but I retrieved my gear quickly as my mate held the position and guarded it for me) we each got about 15 kills, half of them from about 200-250 meters with the SVD's and the other half up close and dirty when people tried to wrestle control of our spot from us (its a very decent sniping/scouting spot over Kamy if you know the place).

But in those hours we were there we heard about 50-100 landmines go off, every 5-10 minutes another loud bang was heard and we could not stop laughing.

We were pretty sure the dudes who put them all in there were positioned on the rocks just west of the tracks just over Kamy and we decided to let them have their fun over there and they apparently though the same of us.

Personally I have not had my first (confirmed...) landmine-kill yet, I hardly ever find them.

I got ONE last week after I arrived at the aftermatch of a huuuuge fight at the gas-station a couple of km west of Balota after I arrived there to do a trade with one from the winning group, but unfortunately my tent close by got raided during the night and I lost it again.

PS - Im hoping more traps will be implemented soon, we _really_ need some stuff to protect our bases with as people can just spawn in all over the place.

Trip-wire-grenade-traps (they are working on the throwing-function so they can implement that plus basic tossing of gear and such), electric traps (could be used indoors connected to a car-battery or a generator) and stuff like that will be great.

I am also looking forward to the time when broken bones will be a thing again, that will make the bear-trap (and leg/arm-shots!) useful again - as it is now it only does about 10-15% damage (I've tried walking over one several times to test it, and each time I still have not lost the top/upper-part of my life/HP-indicator down in the right corner which is a stupid low amount of damage for a trap that fills as much as it does (12 or 24 kilo I think, its _heeeavy_!).

I can't wait to take an idiot prisoner, tie him up and break his legs - or just go for the leg-shot next time I see somebody crossing a field/open area 😛

Woaw, long post - that shit happens when you are caught in a train for 5,5 hour straight lol. 😛

• Thanks 1

land mines dissapear on server reset but are there until then to my knowledge  after "full launch" or whatever they are calling it I found an M4 and a landmine at a heli sight, But dont be fooled ,I crash site hunted for 3 days and 99% of the crash sites I found only had clothing and backpacks . I was after a VSD but never did find one . we have tested the landmine thing a few times also items dropped on ground are a little over an hr until they dissapear 

I struck gold and found a duper base with a sea chest full of them. I loaded up a dry back pack with a bunch and burried it. I really want an assault rifle so im planning an ambush at a military barrek. I apologize before hand if you step on one but i have to do what i have to do. 

Believe it or not landmines spawn at the prison island I found atleat 6 while looting the island

Andlike dropped gear if dropped nearby someone who stays local for hours the mine will persist. I had some down for over 3 hours the other night

Not sure about consoles but on pc I left a land mine for almost 3hrs while I went to another town, did a scheduled restart i logged back in went back and the mine was still there, I jumped with joy,.. not so much when zombies dont trigger them though...

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

I've gotten one kill with a land mine. Recorded it as well completely legit. Found one on the barracks on the north side of nwaf. Me and my buddy hear gun shots coming from tent city. So we closed all the doors in the compound. Went to the doubled door wide barracks and set my only mine I'd found in the threshold of the doorway and shut the door again. 45 min later just saying on the hill next the compound watch a guy run up open the door and run through only to be followed by a cloud of white smoke and a whoompf sound. Such a great feeling 

I found a landmine on the top of a tank (1.02). Used it succesfully in a doorway (=. Never found one since then . 

I recently found one at the top of the stairs to the roof of a castle tower. It must've been placed there as I also found some gear abandoned on the top too. Looks like someone was maybe sniping from there. Anyway, I couldn't pick it up or defuse it. Also didn't appear to be able to trigger it. I didn't stand directly on it, but got pretty close. It's there a way to defuse them? 

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I recently found one at the top of the stairs to the roof of a castle tower. It must've been placed there as I also found some gear abandoned on the top too. Looks like someone was maybe sniping from there. Anyway, I couldn't pick it up or defuse it. Also didn't appear to be able to trigger it. I didn't stand directly on it, but got pretty close. It's there a way to defuse them?  

I have not tried any tool, and I do not know if there is a way. But a shot from a distance along the center makes the detonator fire. If you shoot at the side of the mine, the mine will receive a red status - “destroyed”, but it will still explode if stepped on it.

On 7/4/2019 at 1:24 PM, Zalic said:

I struck gold and found a duper base with a sea chest full of them. I loaded up a dry back pack with a bunch and burried it. I really want an assault rifle so im planning an ambush at a military barrek. I apologize before hand if you step on one but i have to do what i have to do. 

No need to apologise mate, my group that I play with can’t find anything except sks’s even on private servers. One of the private servers we play on is always being crashed by duper’s. Like you said you gotta do what you gotta do 💥

2 hours ago, Siva Saravanan said:

there is no duping found yet on 1.04

😂😂😂 your taking the piss right? Go check YouTube mate.

6 hours ago, Jackel said:

😂😂😂 your taking the piss right? Go check YouTube mate.

Show me these videos. (Private message, if want) I check regularly, and there really hasn’t been a viable method posted, yet. Duping when a server crashes/restarts, doesn’t count.

Just now, ThePugman said:

Show me these videos.

Hell, who wants to know how to dupe anyway, or if it exists a lot, easy, or a little, or not.. what's the point ?  There are plenty of games to cheat in. It's not really a very interesting thing to do is it, kidz? =  Pay for a game so you can cheat in it. Strange.. also sad, pathetic and boring.. why bother ?   Play with yourselves instead, it's cheaper.

47 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Hell, who wants to know how to dupe anyway, or if it exists a lot, easy, or a little, or not.. what's the point ?  There are plenty of games to cheat in. It's not really a very interesting thing to do is it, kidz? =  Pay for a game so you can cheat in it. Strange.. also sad, pathetic and boring.. why bother ?   Play with yourselves instead, it's cheaper.

I want to know if it’s still possible. If it is, I will feed it back to the team.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

I want to know if it’s still possible. If it is, I will feed it back to the team.

It is possible. I've done it twice by accident. The steps are reproducible and don't involve restarts or crashes. I have reported the steps to Impulz and they are looking into it. I won't discuss the steps here or in pm, you'll just have to take my word for it. 

• Thanks 1

@DayzDayzFanboy That's all you can do. Report new methods when they become known, and the team will patch them out. I don't think it will ever be as big an issue as it was pre-1.04.