donnyuk78

Question - ref: backpack

Good morning,

A question.... i left my backpack in a lock room( thats a another issuse) which i have since died and i have started to travel back to the location it is in, so my question is will it still be there or once your not carrying it will the backpack despawn?

regards

DonnyDanger78

I know it was mentioned here previously as to how long these items would stay before despawning, I would assume that if the backpack was left there a few minutes ago and your character respawns, then its should still be there when you get there.

This was last night so I'm pretty it will have despawned by the time i get back there in the next few days 😂 i was just wondering 👍

Yeah if your only going back there in a few days, then it's likely it would have already despawned or someone else would find it😁

• Like 1

yea probably just pure dreaming on my part, that said i have put in a place that i think no one will find it (i'm sure we all think this that too 😂) i'm still going to head that way anyway as there is a base build someone has started there which i'm intrigued to see if they come back to do anymore.... will need to find a lock pick on the way just in case that doors still locked and my backpack is still there ......sounds like a easy plan to me 😂🤣

Regards

DonnyDanger78

56 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

I do believe that backpack persistence is 4 hours.

then it is gone ... damn it 😂

47 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Also worth noting that locked doors reset upon server restart. 

Yea kinda figured that to. To be fair even if it was unlocked it would be pretty hard to see. It was hidden in a pile of pallets, a quick look around this room you wouldn't see it.

Regards

DonnyDanger78

Yeah, I think sometimes hiding things in plain sight is a good strategy. 

Buried containers can be a good method though you could still get unlucky if someone stumbles across it. I found seven buried stashes behind a shed in berezino. I went behind it to sort my gear out and hit a gold mine! 

I do bury stuff occasionally but usually I get a barrel and hide it in a river. Much harder to spot than a buried stash and you have to be on just the right spot to get the open prompt. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, donnyuk78 said:

Not tried burying anything yet. Must give it a go

You can bury dry sacks and dry bags, ammo boxes, protective cases, sea chests and possibly medical cases?, though I haven't tried those yet. 

• Like 1