Leah Snow

Cars and zombies

Serious question here about the game mechanics...

So if the zombie can kill me in the car (Civilian Sedan), windows up & all 4 doors closed, why can't I bandage or why cant I shoot him from inside the car? Or defend myself in any way?

Thanks for any info or anything we may be doing wrong.

We were trying to get round an obstacle and granted, I could have hopped out and killed the thing, but it kick my ass relatively quick as I had a hard time with the door.

Not very realistic for sure.

Edited by Leah Snow

Hello, 

I would say its important for you to first understand that some of the mechanics in the game is not exaclty in a desirable state. There is still a shit load of mechanics that dont work as intended and one of the biggest issues is still the vehicles. Version 1.0 is a bit of a joke to alot of people and was somewhat rushed out.  You will never be able to fire from cars at this point. i have been safe inside vehicles it just sounds like you had some bad luck untop of half glitchy old dayz.

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Thanks 1

I know many things are broken and I guess the sedan is yet another, lol. Thank you for verifying that that's what happened. I wonder where I can loot this zombie's wolverine claws 😋 'cause they're badass, lol.

Edited by Leah Snow

I have a pretty rigorous policy of just not getting into a vehicle unless my stuff is stashed and I'm wearing a dress. Saves many tears.

Despite all issues, I find cars very useful, I'd even say they're at their best since introduction. But still very much WIP, of course. To go around the "hard time with the door" mentioned by the OP, I simply remove the driver's door - and the trunk, for that matter. It got really bad to find the "clickable area" and although it's true for many things, it's most annoying with cars. But I'm getting better and better at taking out spark plugs by hand and soon I'll be spending less than a minute on it...