Sign in to follow this  
ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.03.151478

Hello Survivors,

we have a first patch with fixes for the current 1.03 Experimental update to deal with several new issues.

With this update we have also updated the Public Experimental server files.

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker. 

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Server crashed when a session was terminated
  • Fixed: Car/Truck battery were invisible when attached to Battery Charger
  • Fixed: Boxed Headlight Bulb could not be opened
  • Fixed: Player could not drink from pumps with item in hands
  • Fixed: NBC Gloves typo
  • Fixed: Input configuration compatibility problems that would result in the character being stuck in crouch, issues with leaning and holding breath
  • Fixed: Issue in vehicle physics regarding in them appearing twitchy to nearby clients
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 3

please correct trackIR/freelook keybinding & vault .....and Dayz  will be perfect 😉 ...  ps. you are doing a great work.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

So nothing on the new melee changes that were made about being tweaked/reverted?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cravez said:

So nothing on the new melee changes that were made about being tweaked/reverted?

Did you post a ticket with video showing the issues ? if not u should

• Like 1

Can you guys bring back the feature that allowed us to hover an item and click on one of the buttons of the hotbar so it goes there instantly? I was starting to get used to it and it doesn't work anymore in the experimental.

Cheers, keep up the good work.

Can we get an explanation of why the camera locks on melee now? It makes zombies almost unbearable outside of 1v1 melee combat. 

I saw the twitter saying that the lock is intentional to make you "choose melee targets more carefully" but when fighting zombies they will often glitch/lag around you and appear to have an AOE attack.

For example, a zombie can often still hit you with his side or back turned towards you. 

When fighting more than 1 zombie, due to the AOE and glitches it makes it substantially harder to land hits. And it becomes far more dangerous to engage them in melee. 

Edited by Influence_X
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 3

please Fix the mele, It is impossible to fight against two objectives in mele, 
the blocking of direction when hitting has ruined the mele combat.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Hey look on the bright side, at least we don't have to lower our gun to aim in a different direction.

Oh crap I'm giving them ideas.

• Haha 3
  • Beans 1

I am having an issue with the nvgs. I have them attached to a head strap with a battery and I cannot get them to turn on. I've tried using the default keybindings, holding L, but it does not work. When I rebind it to any other key it still does not work. I even had my friend try them out and they work fine for him, any advice?

Update: You cannot have anything else on your head or it will cancel out your nvgs (they won't work). 

Edited by mattjack97

2 hours ago, ozomaster said:

please correct trackIR/freelook keybinding & vault .....and Dayz  will be perfect 😉 ...  ps. you are doing a great work.

You can change the free look key binding already.

1 hour ago, Aussie Cleetus said:

Inability to get out of vehicles is a big one that will need to be addressed before it's ready for stable too.

I thought this was an issue at first, but have found that looking above the door brings up the ‘get out’ prompt.

33 minutes ago, LayPT said:

Can you guys bring back the feature that allowed us to hover an item and click on one of the buttons of the hotbar so it goes there instantly? I was starting to get used to it and it doesn't work anymore in the experimental.

I agree with this, but it seems like they have replaced it with the ability to use hotbar whilst in your inventory... which is a poor trade if you ask me.

A few more bugs:

No sound when filling up a canteen at an pond/river

Blank muddy green screen when using certain scopes

Auto walk feature doesn’t work. Have only been able to get it to work on the offline mod.

Can no longer perform stationary melee animations

Also, the character stats say that I’ve killed 1 player, but have no recollection of this. Is this a bug, or can you think of a reason why it’s the case?

Edited by ThePugman
  • Beans 1

name of the player on community servers are still as SURVIVOR, this item could already be correct, it helps a lot in the control of the community server by their respective administrators

impossible to equip the 5th tire with the sedan

Putting oil in the car does not work.

zombies and wolves cross the walls of the base

locked combo does not work after server restart

food does not rot

You can stack 2 tires infinitely, using as a ladder, as well as planks and metal

decrease the amount of tools that break base, suggestion that it is only 1 tool and that it can only be used 1 time

• Beans 1

32 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

You can change the free look key binding already.

I thought this was an issue at first, but have found that looking above the door brings up the ‘get out’ prompt.

I agree with this, but it seems like they have replaced it with the ability to use hotbar whilst in your inventory... which is a poor trade if you ask me.

A few more bugs:

No sound when filling up a canteen at an pond/river

Blank muddy green screen when using certain scopes

Auto walk feature doesn’t work. Have only been able to get it to work on the offline mod.

Can no longer perform stationary melee animations

Also, the character stats say that I’ve killed 1 player, but have no recollection of this. Is this a bug, or can you think of a reason why it’s the case?

You can, but you must delete first the DayZ folder in My Documents. I wasnt able to Rotate objetcs in the inventary too and after delete the DayZ folder, can do both things.

3 minutes ago, polini said:

You can, but you must delete first the DayZ folder in My Documents. I wasnt able to Rotate objetcs in the inventary too and after delete the DayZ folder, can do both things.

Can what, sorry? I always verify my game files and delete all relevant files.

Rotate the object in the inventory and put items in the hotbar pressing the number what you want by placing the mouse arrow in an item.

I think that quote the wrong reply.

2 hours ago, LayPT said:

This would be the right one. Delete the DayZ folder and Voilá.

3 hours ago, Igor Fontes said:

name of the player on community servers are still as SURVIVOR, this item could already be correct, it helps a lot in the control of the community server by their respective administrators

Players using DZSALauncher can easily set their player name. Using a site like OmegaManger/CFTools or Battlemetrics helps you manage even players with the name "Survivor".

Before I even test this version IS base building functional??, Nobody answered me on the last patch discussion, so maybe someone can verify it is working?? also,..

5 hours ago, Igor Fontes said:

Regarding that, I think BEC can have a name not allowed rule or ban that name forcing people to change it before joining server, I havnt tried this yet, and/or direct players on how to change their name by going into Documents\DayZ\USERNAME_settings.DayZProfile and adding the line,..  playerName="NAME_YOU_WANT_TO_USE"; and save it then you are known in-game by that name no matter what server you join.

Devs should of sorted this out by now, Its only a matter of making character selection menu add the given names you set for each character eg.. PlayerName1""; PlayerName2""; setting in the settings.DayZProfile config, If we all ban the name survivor* on our servers maybe then they will act promptly to correct this.

8 hours ago, Cravez said:

Sorry but they're here to stay for skilled players who enjoy a deep authentic combat experience. If you want overly simplistic button mashing arcade fighting then Minecraft is just the game for you my friend.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Influence_X said:

Can we get an explanation of why the camera locks on melee now? It makes zombies almost unbearable outside of 1v1 melee combat. 

I saw the twitter saying that the lock is intentional to make you "choose melee targets more carefully" but when fighting zombies they will often glitch/lag around you and appear to have an AOE attack.

For example, a zombie can often still hit you with his side or back turned towards you. 

When fighting more than 1 zombie, due to the AOE and glitches it makes it substantially harder to land hits. And it becomes far more dangerous to engage them in melee. 

A hardcore survival game is now challenging. Gasp!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Survivor1431 said:

Sorry but they're here to stay for skilled players who enjoy a deep authentic combat experience. If you want overly simplistic button mashing arcade fighting then Minecraft is just the game for you my friend.

the new combat system is complicated and ineffectiveness but that does not make it good or worthy of true male alphas or hardcore game as you think, blocking the camera does not make sense, it only makes the game slower by having to aim every time you throw a punch, we need a fluid and fun system, not an orthopedic one

• Haha 1

it is not about skill, that a game is difficult because some mechanics is poorly implemented, it does not do true master survivor 666 experience

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

If to read a forum and to make some analysis of discussions, then everything turns around blocking of any objections of players?
Any discussions about stupid Kos justify that Kos helps out this game that it is the only acceptable scenario for this game.
Justifies any discussions about low arms supplies that not everything has to be easy, and even for Kos.
Be defined already, and do not kill a game. Players are forced to look for several hours weapon to shoot several times. It "sad shit" only in this game, for a game where the character can not find weapon.
Only you do not say that the dupping is guilty of it, other shit is generated in any quantity.
Do you you speak about such experience - to sit 3 hours in bushes, and to kill someone in a back? )))

• Haha 1

Your responses are childish. I want this game to be harder than most people are comfortable with.

But not through shitty feeling clunky mechanics. It needs to be through loot scarcity, and a difficult medical system like diseases/broken legs, and the vital organ hitboxes. 

It DOES NOT need to be from zombies that can glitch through you and hit you with their side turned while you're restricted to one tiny hit point the size of your reticle dot.

Learn the difference, kid.

Edited by Influence_X
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 3

Make the standard melee attack the one with the stationary animation, and the strong melee attack should be the only one that drives you forward (if any?) I don’t think anyone would mind if none of the attacks moved you forward...

I don’t know if the locked camera is due to the introduction of bayonets? But if it’s not necessary, I think the consensus is to get rid of it.

Since we now have a stabbing animation, PLEASE make the spear, long stick, etc, do the same.

The melee combat isn’t terrible, but we need the ability to maintain distance, so consistent stationary attacks, plus stabbing weapons would be a big help.

Edited by ThePugman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1