Tino81

First KOS encounter

Well last night my character that was a few weeks old finally succumbed to a KOS player at the barracks north of the NWAF. I was in a building armed with a pipe due to a few Z's lurking and came out of a room and BLAM!! Dead. I had managed to stock up on water and food and had an MP5, Shotgun and an SK (With a scope).

I didn't even get a chance to shout out friendly lol. This may prove a point that it's best not to go it alone on this game anymore.

Edited by Tino81
Grammar edit

Did you not hear the other players footsteps etc...? I guess it could have been someone that just spawned in and heard your character and decided to wait there.

When I was at one of the buildings at NWAF, I could hear another player walking and eating down stairs opening and closing doors etc...

10 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

Did you not hear the other players footsteps etc...? I guess it could have been someone that just spawned in and heard your character and decided to wait there.

When I was at one of the buildings at NWAF, I could hear another player walking and eating down stairs opening and closing doors etc...

Didn't hear a thing, not even the sound of the gun when it fired. I did close the door behind me but again not a peep. Typical.

10 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

Didn't hear a thing, not even the sound of the gun when it fired. I did close the door behind me but again not a peep. Typical.

Yeah I then assume that this player then spawned in that location, heard your character and decided to wait.

2 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

Yeah I then assume that this player then spawned in that location, heard your character and decided to wait.

I agree, just a shame I couldn't hit the mic button in time. Although my fresh spawn was way up the coast and managed to get some pretty stuff as well as a shotgun with some shells so going to have to pick my route carefully I think

1 minute ago, Tino81 said:

I agree, just a shame I couldn't hit the mic button in time. Although my fresh spawn was way up the coast and managed to get some pretty stuff as well as a shotgun with some shells so going to have to pick my route carefully I think

I generally dont try to chat or let any players know I'm "friendly" at a Mil base as don't have any idea what their intentions are since both players are at the base/tents looking for Mil gear (Does that player have what I'm looking for?), I find Mil base/tents very unfriendly so I don't take any chances there until my character is quite far from any Mil base "Tisy, NWAF etc..."

19 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

I generally dont try to chat or let any players know I'm "friendly" at a Mil base as don't have any idea what their intentions are since both players are at the base/tents looking for Mil gear (Does that player have what I'm looking for?), I find Mil base/tents very unfriendly so I don't take any chances there until my character is quite far from any Mil base "Tisy, NWAF etc..."

Probably a good thing to remember and thinking about it my better player interactions have been in towns and villages.

• Like 1

This reminds of a time where i was cutting down bush to make a burlap backpack and heard footsteps running straigh up to me, the moment i turned around, a shotgun blast right in the face. Dude didn't wasted any time, saw me and came running like a rocket so i don't have a reaction for a easy kill.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

This reminds of a time where i was cutting down bush to make a burlap backpack and heard footsteps running straigh up to me, the moment i turned around, a shotgun blast right in the face. Dude didn't wasted any time, saw me and came running like a rocket so i don't have a reaction for a easy kill.

It's a helpless situation but a mistake I won't make again. Next time I raid a mil area I won't do it alone. All of the stuff I had on me I managed to get from towns and hunting lodges so that's what I'll carry on doing, but it's my own fault for pushing my luck thinking I'd be alone 😂

9 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

It's a helpless situation but a mistake I won't make again. Next time I raid a mil area I won't do it alone. All of the stuff I had on me I managed to get from towns and hunting lodges so that's what I'll carry on doing, but it's my own fault for pushing my luck thinking I'd be alone 😂

People generally kill on sight at mil bases. 

I try to talk if I'm raiding them on my own but if in a group rules are kill on sight unless they engage us in a friendly manner first.

Outside of mil bases we are friendly. Normally we will watch and stalk you but we won't shoot unless you have an Assualt rifle as it's likily your a cheating duper and need to be put down

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

Same. And I'm always in game chat, talking, yada yada yada yada, but mil zones are kos no matter what.

If you're not there(nwaf) to pvp, then what ARGGGG ya doin?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Thank the devs for (all of the sudden and out of the blue) removing the option to have open mic. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Thank the devs for (all of the sudden and out of the blue) removing the option to have open mic. 

Yeah, we really need this  option back

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

1 minute ago, Flyingpapaya said:

With the current game crashing bug by talking to players I would be afraid of leaving Mic on.

I haven't had the game crash with voip yet. I talk to people quite often. When does this crash occur? 

14 hours ago, Tino81 said:

I didn't even get a chance to shout out friendly

My advice to you.....get use to it.  99.99% of the players I run into shoot first.

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I haven't had the game crash with voip yet. I talk to people quite often. When does this crash occur? 

Seems to be random when I hit Mic, screen freezes up but I can still talk. Can get you killed, have to dashboard.

Edited by Flyingpapaya
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if a bit of blu-tak on the talk button to hold it down would work 😂

16 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Can still raid a mil area solo but I know what you mean, I play mostly solo and go to mil bases for gear (backpack, vest, new attachments for shotgun and FX45, boxed ammo 762.39) etc..but I go there with the impression that there is another player/s there, so I scout the area before going in, looking for players running about (buildings, field, tree line) then watch the Z's, are they agro, have they been agoed recently (they have a particular movement when they have been agroed previously) then decide on the route to take to loot and get out, then enter the area but dont run and make noise and always watch and listen to the surroundings 😁

22 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

Can still raid a mil area solo but I know what you mean, I play mostly solo and go to mil bases for gear (backpack, vest, new attachments for shotgun and FX45, boxed ammo 762.39) etc..but I go there with the impression that there is another player/s there, so I scout the area before going in, looking for players running about (buildings, field, tree line) then watch the Z's, are they agro, have they been agoed recently (they have a particular movement when they have been agroed previously) then decide on the route to take to loot and get out, then enter the area but dont run and make noise and always watch and listen to the surroundings 😁

On this occasion I was after ammo for my SK and a new back pack (Which I found). I did find a few mags for the KA, M4 and USG so if I found any of those would have been a bonus but wasn't actively looking. Since respawning I'm playing the game much differently and much more cautious than before.

• Like 1

My only reason for hitting mil bases are for assualt vests and camo nets. 

As for camo you can get decent camo hunting gear in safer spots. 

I get everything else I need elsewhere. 

Hitting mil bases now as a few friends need camo, vests and sks's( essentially the only free spawning top tier general purpose defence/combat weapon) so I cover from the treeline with the m70.

My guys are all running scoped moisons and either shotty/sks/mp5 and that's a solid loadout.

45 ammo is all over the place at mil bases and fx 45s are easy to find too so that's our go to pistol. IJ70s get dropped once we get 45s and the 9mm pistol& ammo is too uncommon, we tend to give the 9mm to the guys with mp5s.  We tend to give IJ70s to new spawns if we come across any and they seem cool 

Edited by awalsh47
  • Like 1

Managed to pick up an IJ70 yesterday and found two mags, also found about 50 rounds for it and I have the shotgun as well but need more ammo for that. Tempted to go look for the SKS again or the  Moisin for a change

6 hours ago, Tino81 said:

I wonder if a bit of blu-tak on the talk button to hold it down would work 😂

I have been experimenting with a tarp clamp I had from home depot. Abit unsightly but it seems to work keeping the mic on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, john garcia said:

I have been experimenting with a tarp clamp I had from home depot. Abit unsightly but it seems to work keeping the mic on.

Can you still use everything as you normally would do? 

1 hour ago, Tino81 said:

Can you still use everything as you normally would do? 

yes but has tendency to keep slipping off, but have been able to use the directional ''+'' left and right but can't use up as clamp is holding downward

• Like 1