Sil3nt

Lack of good weapons!!!!

So a friend and I read that the better weapons are at the military bases up north so we headed up hit the majority of bases up north including the airfield and found nothing but clips and attachments. Sooooo tell me what the hell?? 

A "Hardcore survival" game need to be hard 😉

You need to have luck, you can't get the best guns in the best location only because it's "the" lootspot. Imagine if RPG were ingame 😂

Edited by Lt.Master

51 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

A "Hardcore survival" game need to be hard 😉

You need to have luck, you can't get the best guns in the best location only because it's "the" lootspot. Imagine if RPG were ingame 😂

The lack of "good weapons" spawn rates is directly related to duping, ie: only X amount of weapon A should exist on a server. If Weapon A has been duped to 500% of X, no more Weapon A's will spawn until the number of Weapon A's drop below X amount.

Saying it's a hardcore survival game and it needs to be hard is simply disingenuous to the fact that the devs themselves have acknowledged that duping is affecting the spawn rates.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sil3nt said:

So a friend and I read that the better weapons are at the military bases up north so we headed up hit the majority of bases up north including the airfield and found nothing but clips and attachments. Sooooo tell me what the hell?? 

The lack of weapons are already known ( as mentioned above ), but are they really better ? Hell no !

Get a SKS, a Mosin/Tundra, or a Shotgun with 00 bucks and you are fine and good to go to hunt ( if you really want ) the dupers to get the gear you want.

My opinion on that topic with duped gear: Destroy it, but its your choice to make.

Love you. Bye.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Ive started playing with another user on here (Aux) and its much better playing with another player than running solo. We are certainly the hide, stay out of sight types and so far we haven’t fired a bullet. Weve had a few zombie attacks (from me being careless) but I genuinely think there is a way to play this game (ie survive) without even needing a gun.

Clearly if you want to play the bandit or run and gun type then guns will be a major priority to you but once you take that need away, suddenly the game opens up so much more and other things become more important. It has for me anyway.

Im sure Aux wouldn't mind me saying but others are welcome to join us. (we are playing on PC on an EU RP server)

• Like 5

As Hardcorefish mentioned, there are other good alternatives to the Mil spec weapons, yes it is very annoying that these others are not available due to duping, but that doesn't make the game "unplayable" in my opinion

Currently my characters loadout consists of a shotgun 00Buck/SG5 "Close quarters" and Tundra/Mosin/CR527 "Long Range/Hunting" then possibly a CR75/FX45 "supressed or fit supressor to SG5" as alternatives, even when the duping is fixed, I think I would stick to this loadout but then have the option of finding an M4/KAM if I wanted one 😀

Edited by FearFokkol
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

I run with an SKS, a CR527, and a crappy .380 suppressed pistol, and I'm fine with it.   Besides, I use my guns for DEFENSE, and I'd like to keep it like that.  But, here lately, others are making it harder to do so, and I am compelled to shoot first if I have the drop on them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

As Hardcorefish said, there are other good alternatives to the Mil spec weapons, yes it is very annoying that these others are not available due to duping, but that doesn't make the game "unplayable".

Currently my characters loadout consists of a shotgun 00Buck/SG5 "Close quarters" and Tundra/Mosin/CR527 "Long Range/Hunting" then possibly a CR75/FX45 "supressed or fit supressor to SG5" as alternatives, even when the duping is fixed, I think I would stick to this loadout but then have the option of finding an M4/KAM if I wanted one 😀

I agree that there are weapon alternatives and that the game is far from "unplayable".

My concern is that it is very hard to grow a player base when this duping/weapon spawn thing is as prevalent as it is currently. People are absolutely turned off by it and only those of us that are willing to look past it and the dupers themselves are playing.

This creates problems for people who are on the fence about buying the game. "Oh, I've heard you cant even find good weapons in that game because of glitchers..." is the current narrative.

There is a problem with the underlying code that allows for duping to happen. All we've seen thus far are hotfix bandaids that don't fix the underlying problem and the dupers are finding workarounds for. 

I understand the reason for BI not wanting to server lock characters but this is what the community wants. It needs to be tried out in some capacity. Private servers would also be a welcome addition. 

The servers should be 25% server locked characters, 25% private and 50% public...

At least give it a try BI...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

I agree that there are weapon alternatives and that the game is far from "unplayable".

My concern is that it is very hard to grow a player base when this duping/weapon spawn thing is as prevalent as it is currently. People are absolutely turned off by it and only those of us that are willing to look past it and the dupers themselves are playing.

This creates problems for people who are on the fence about buying the game. "Oh, I've heard you cant even find good weapons in that game because of glitchers..." is the current narrative.

There is a problem with the underlying code that allows for duping to happen. All we've seen thus far are hotfix bandaids that don't fix the underlying problem and the dupers are finding workarounds for. 

I understand the reason for BI not wanting to server lock characters but this is what the community wants. It needs to be tried out in some capacity. Private servers would also be a welcome addition. 

The servers should be 25% server locked characters, 25% private and 50% public...

At least give it a try BI...

Yeah I agree with all this, We "Players" have numerously mentioned to BI that the duping in this game is a very big issue currently which requires a priority fix and development have noted that this is an issue that it needs to be fixed, but just dont know when this would eventually get done, next patch release possibly?

I just tend to continue to play the game with what is still available on the servers which are still pretty decent gear depending on what loadout the players is looking for to enjoy the game, but also to mention, once this is fixed, there is going to be alot of activity at the Mil bases/tents for these Mil weapons and the server can only have a certain amount in spawn/available in the CLE at any one time, once those limits are reached then it would become another thing of taking it from another player with one of these but also trips to multiple bases looking for these, thats if server hoppers dont pick them up first.

But yeah that just my opinion but I do agree with this, it needs to get fixed 😀

Right now the duping is an issue but look past that.

The type of player who dupes is the sort that isn’t here for the long haul. They cant be bothered to go find the loot properly so cheat so they can have it all there and then. Getting the best gear is kind of ‘end game’ stuff so once they jump from spawn to end game there isn’t a lot for them to do. Once they got bored of running and gunning and KOS everyone they find, they will get bored. They will move on to another game.

The loot will then start to settle down and the game played as intended.

Its just a waiting game, either till the devs find a proper immediate fix, or the above runs its course.

Yeah agreed, I'm sure BI will fix this before the dupers get bored of the "PUBG" style of playing that they are doing right now, but I'm interested as to what "fixes" are in the 1.03 patch release for Xbox, not all that bothered with the new weapons etc... right now as these will also be "unavailable" if the duping isn't fixed, so no point in actually implementing these if there is only a certain group of players on the servers that have access to these.

Edited by FearFokkol
Spelling
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

thats if server hoppers dont pick them up first.

Hence server locked characters.  I know that's a sore subject for some, but it's the only solution.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, andysuter said:

Right now the duping is an issue but look past that.

The type of player who dupes is the sort that isn’t here for the long haul. They cant be bothered to go find the loot properly so cheat so they can have it all there and then. Getting the best gear is kind of ‘end game’ stuff so once they jump from spawn to end game there isn’t a lot for them to do. Once they got bored of running and gunning and KOS everyone they find, they will get bored. They will move on to another game.

The loot will then start to settle down and the game played as intended.

Its just a waiting game, either till the devs find a proper immediate fix, or the above runs its course.

It may be a futile outlook on your part, but I do like your "glass half full" attitude.

A hunting rifle with a nice scope is a "good weapon".  In fact it cant be beat, really.

When people in this thread say "good weapons" they mean military automatic assault rifles.  I don't understand.  These are very limited weapons.. and what do you want them for ?
A shotgun, a 45 automatic, and a hunting rifle with a scope..   and you can outgun, outwit, and hit harder in More Ways in more types of PvP than armed with a mil auto. AND do plenty of other stuff that is a pain in the neck if you only have an assault rifle.

Myself, I actually like the AK, but NOT because it is a great weapon.. it's just a thing I LIKE.. in the same way I wear a brown or black ushanka in the game because it's a thing I LIKE. But I don't care about finding one, because I know I will sooner or later.. and I never wear payday masks or balaclavas.. just because that's not my style.. So someone telling me there is a great lack of  GASMASKS in the game, is exactly like there is a great lack of M4s in the game.. I don't care, it's NOT my problem.. it's my ADVANTAGE, because usually the folk who badly want the M4s are the MOST predictable and that is what kills them.
.. An AK is in no way a "great gun"  ..  .. and if I thought someone like @FearFokkol was round the corner or MAYBE  in the same building a few feet away, the next room or on the roof or behind a tree .. I wouldn't charge in there  with an AK looking for him AT ALL.. I'd be more worried that I spotted him before he got eyes on me or how I could outflank him down an ally or behind a container and catch him looking the wrong way.. and if I tried that and he wasn't where I expected him to be, I'd RIGHT NOW  take the fastest most unlikely way OUT of that zone REAL QUICK.. don't make any difference if Ive got an M4 and 10 clips.. the dude might be round the next corner with his damned shotgun or behind a top floor window with a deer hunting rife.. 
nah.. don't make any difference carrying mil weapons in those REAL DayZ situations = no advantage = bad mindset = disadvantage   .. makes a BIG difference what is the mindset of the opponent is and how smart they are. THAT'S what kills you. THAT'S what keeps YOU  alive.

Don't want to offend, but perhaps the folk spending all their time around mil bases looking for M4s don't realise that they are maybe playing with the LIGHTWEIGHTS ??

Sure Duping is a pisser, NEEDS to be fixed - WILL be fixed..

But seriously for me - a MORE serious problem is my "geared up" loadout is the same as @FearFokkol 's and a whole other BUNCH of folk.  Check the other threads. So if I found an AK then I WOULD have a problem, because I like them (it's a fashion thing.. ya know, some male players wear no pants..whatever.. AK is my spare time kick..OK?)  - BUT I'd def keep the hunting rifle, I'd WANT to keep the shotgun (because that is a lifesaver and a close quarters UNFAIR mean beast) and HALF the time a .45 with two spare clips (max) is more useful than either of those .. so Id have to dump either the automatic or the shotgun and I'd REALLY hate to part with either of them just because Ive got a kinky THING about AKs.. ya know? (sure AKs are OK.. better than nothing)   SO.  As long as I DONT find one I don't have to get neurotic about which weapon to keep.. a deer rifle with a scope + and AK + a shotgun, is NOT a full range of weapons, it's unbalanced... And if I ever see an M4, for some reason they don't interest me at all, they turn me off..  maybe I'd throw it in the next river so no one else got it (..  sorry folks).

Maybe I'm not playing CoD and other folk are, but town or country I'd put my money on the player with <the @FearFokkol gear-out >> (let's call it that)- the bottom line in DayZ is - being smart, being alert, and and being unexpected =wins=.   And if you ain't got those qualities (or LEARN them)  - you can wear ALL the mil gear & hardware,  BUT the dude with the shotgun will still blow your spine out before you notice there's even anyone around.. then THEY'LL keep your food, water, maybe your boot knife, and they'll throw your M4 in a river.

DUPING NEEDS TO BE FIXED, but not because dupers get all the "good weapons" they only get mil weapons and they leave the REAL good weapons lying around anywhere on the map (except in mil camps)

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 4

Yup, shotty rocks. Look forward to the addition of a double barrel I can take a hacksaw to. Love carrying a .45 with suppressor for Zs and love a mosin or scoped hunting rifle. Feels more survivor-ish

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

I've gotten used to not having an AK or M4. Usually rock a gillie shoud w/ ballistic vest, holster and pouches for my .45 silenced pistol and a silenced SG5 over my shoulder. Im agile, moblie and ready to get the drop you suckas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

in the same way I wear a brown or black ushanka in the game because it's a thing I LIKE

I'm privy to a black cowboy hat myself.  I have a brown one at the moment....can't find a black one.  I'll keep looking, thought.  As far as everything else.......I agree.  Duping is indeed a pisser, and although I will still complain about it, I have adapted.  At the moment, I'm sporting an SKS with a PU scope, the  CR-527 with a hunting scope, and a silenced pistol (for the Zeds, but they still hear it), and I couldn't be happier.  Now, I would LOVE to find a TUNDRA, but I haven't even found any .308 ammo yet, so either or would be pointless without the other.  I RARELY go to Mil bases anymore.  If I do, it's to find camo netting, and if I'm fortunate enough to find a military tent, then great (I would prefer a medium tent anyway.  Easier to hide).  I will always hit the small mil camps as they usually hold fair amounts of ammo and the occasional tactical vest or plate carrier/accessories.  Where it DOES become an issue for the rest of us, though, is the night vision scope is only good on the AK and SVD, and as it has been admitted to, are "duped into extinction".  That puts US and a HUGE disadvantage, and I can guarantee you this, when NVGs get introduced to XBox, those too will be duped into extinction, and that will put US, again, at even a bigger disadvantage.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for an "even playing field" when I say that, I'm just saying that once the cheaters steal all THOSE via duping, you have to admit that it is "unfair".

Edited by Stagman70
added an additional thought

1 hour ago, Stagman70 said:

night vision scope is only good on the AK and SVD, and as it has been admitted to, are "duped into extinction".

I literally found 3 NV scopes at the 4 barracks south of Novo yesterday.

The irony is that the scopes are of higher rarity than the ARs and in total I have found 7 spawned NV scopes and 0 spawned ARs.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

The irony is that the scopes are of higher rarity than the ARs and in total I have found 7 spawned NV scopes and 0 spawned ARs.

It's like having Kool-Aid but no sugar or ham but no burger...........they're relatively useless without an AK or SVD to put them on.  You can use it as a spotting scope, but that's about it.

I was sporting the CR527 with only one mag and a few rounds, but managed to get a Mosin and found a compensator with about five boxes of 762.54 and PU scope, so dropped the CR527 and kept the hunting scope and then was just looting hunting stands and feeders, found a tundra in the feeding stand (also found a few in hunting stands) attached the hunting scope and one box of 308, so need to look for more ammo for that.

So now I have both Mosin and Tundra as cant decide on which to keep and they both are equally good long range/hunting rifles.

I have to say that the Mosin with compensator looks really badass though 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anyeurysm said:

Yeah I keep finding the NV scope to, mainly in camo building. 

Ya haven't found a military grade weapon since 1.01, right now rocking a silenced scorpion with 150+ bullets and a tundra no scope though.. Hunting scope getting more rare it seems aswell. Definitely disappointing not being able to get mili weapons, especially for a new player (i would imagine) who finally reaches NWAF and finds nothing but ammo and coast weapons. Lets hope they fix duping next patch

On 5/13/2019 at 5:03 AM, andysuter said:

I genuinely think there is a way to play this game (ie survive) without even needing a gun.

Thats sick! reminds me of an old metal gear solid game where you could beat the whole game without killing anybody (never played but overheard this as a kid & was intrigued). Definitely trying that out next time im a freshie (public xbox servers) so that will be interesting. I totally see how that playstyle could open up different lanes or more opportunities. Also playing with multiple people changed my perspective on what this game is capable of, can be so entertaining the downtime is non existent, its almost a different game, however theres pros & cons. Thanks for the idea ☮

6 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

Ya haven't found a military grade weapon since 1.01, right now rocking a silenced scorpion with 150+ bullets and a tundra no scope though.. Hunting scope getting more rare it seems aswell. Definitely disappointing not being able to get mili weapons, especially for a new player (i would imagine) who finally reaches NWAF and finds nothing but ammo and coast weapons. Lets hope they fix duping next patch

I think that's quite a good loadout right there, the hunting scopes will spawn at hunting camps, hunting stands and hunting feeders also at the castles.

• Like 1