donnyuk78

Base symbols

Good morning,

Does anyone have a link to what the symbols mean in the base building ? I'm not sure if i need a metal sheet or to build a fence.

Kind Regards

DonnyDanger78

on pc you dont need metal sheets to build a fence, only planks, cut tree trunks for posts and nails.

You can use metal sheets though.

Step 1
2 logs (4 logs for the tower) => use the Shovel

j11lqLm.png

Step 2
Nails and planks for the skeleton of the fence => use the Hammer or the Sledge Hammer

htF7aHh.png

The walls can be created with wood planks or metal sheets

You can add the following items (from left to right in the "Accessoires" category):

• Camo Netting
  • Barb Wire at the bottom of the fence
  • Barb Wire at the top of the fence

You can transform you fence to a fence gate with a Wire (after the metal sheets) and add a combinaison lock (not visible on the screen but it's just after the wire).

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

thank you  for the help on this @Lt.Master i'm struggling to build as i'm clueless to be honest. I need to find me a building a base for beginners guild it think 😂

76u5itu71qx11.png

Maybe this could help you a bit 😉

(open the picture in fullscreen)

Edited by Lt.Master
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you ! Thats a great help ... Going to tried it out.

As side note does anyone know if if you build something like a cart to carry things from else where? I carried a bit of sheet metal by hand. .... It took forever 😂😂.

3 minutes ago, donnyuk78 said:

As side note does anyone know if if you build something like a cart to carry things from else where? I carried a bit of sheet metal by hand. .... It took forever 😂😂.

unfortunately not, Ive been there too . .. .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, donnyuk78 said:

Thank you ! Thats a great help ... Going to tried it out.

Obviously having a car helps. If not, a big back pack with nothing in it. You can carry a couple of tyres or big objects in one and still run. Full Jerry cans totally rinse your stamina though, even in a back pack

• Like 1

Hi,

i didn't realise you could carry stuff like that in a back pack@DayzDayzFanboy , definitley think you should be able to build a cart mind. Maybe i'll try to build a car 😂

Edited by donnyuk78

On 5/12/2019 at 4:29 PM, Lt.Master said:

Step 1
2 logs (4 logs for the tower) => use the Shovel

j11lqLm.png

Step 2
Nails and planks for the skeleton of the fence => use the Hammer or the Sledge Hammer

htF7aHh.png

The walls can be created with wood planks or metal sheets

You can add the following items (from left to right in the "Accessoires" category):

• Camo Netting
  • Barb Wire at the bottom of the fence
  • Barb Wire at the top of the fence

You can transform you fence to a fence gate with a Wire (after the metal sheets) and add a combinaison lock (not visible on the screen but it's just after the wire).

I've been playing this game for a while and with some buddies. Out of all my buddies, all the hours playing, distance traveled, and locations looted...only 3 of us have ever found barbed wire. If you are trying to build a base, what's even the point of adding barbed wire to one dense if the barbed wire is so rare to find. We've looked all over between military and civilian locations and its beyond rare to find. 

You're not supposed to dupe and really harcore players cry about server hoppers, so what are you supposed to do then. Play the game for 2 years straight and maybe have enough barbed wire to cover 5 out of the 15 to 20 walls on your base?

On 5/19/2019 at 8:56 AM, Porcelain_Punisher said:

I've been playing this game for a while and with some buddies. Out of all my buddies, all the hours playing, distance traveled, and locations looted...only 3 of us have ever found barbed wire. If you are trying to build a base, what's even the point of adding barbed wire to one dense if the barbed wire is so rare to find. We've looked all over between military and civilian locations and its beyond rare to find. 

You're not supposed to dupe and really harcore players cry about server hoppers, so what are you supposed to do then. Play the game for 2 years straight and maybe have enough barbed wire to cover 5 out of the 15 to 20 walls on your base?

I'll be honest with you, barb wire is rare and it's a fact. Currently, barb wire is pretty much useless, it's not going to be a layer of protection for your base anyway ^^'

And about the dupers and hoppers all I can do is to tell you to join a private hived server to limit all of those issues. I know it's sad but all we can do is to play on a private server and/or modded server until the devs tweak the base building issues...

On 5/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, Lt.Master said:

And about the dupers and hoppers all I can do is to tell you to join a private hived server to limit all of those issues. I know it's sad but all we can do is to play on a private server and/or modded server until the devs tweak the base building issues...

That will be pretty hard, this is the Xbox-section of the forum and there is none of those in this version of the game.