Sign in to follow this  
Duke X

Possible Dupping and server hop fix?

Hi all, what about when someone server hops, he spawn back at the coast on a random spawn point. Your thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Duke X said:

Hi all, what about when someone server hops, he spawn back at the coast on a random spawn point. Your thoughts?

Sounds great every time I log in I’ll be back on the beach.I understand duping is bull shit but what your surgesting won’t work imo.What we need is characters locked to one server but don’t hold your breath unless you want to be back on the beach.

You only go back to the beach if you change servers, if you log into the same server you would hold your position on the map.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Duke X said:

You only go back to the beach if you change servers, if you log into the same server you would hold your position on the map.

Not a terrible idea, only problem I see is if you normally play on a high pop server. Often times they become full, so people will naturally just go to a different server just to be able to play. Now say they were on a trek to a faraway place the last time they logged off. Is it reasonable to be spawned back at the coast now?

Character locking servers also presents problems when servers become full. All that time you spent grinding your character is stuck in queue until a spot opens up.

The only answer I see is private servers with admin tools for the owners to create true RP servers. Passwords could be shared with like minded players and the playerbase would be reinvigorated... Just my opinion...

What your talking about is character locked servers, preaching to the choir im afraid... Ive suggested many times a 50/50 spilt of open servers (public hive) and character locked servers (private hive).. The only excuse BI has given why they dont want to lock characters is so people can play with their friends which makes no sense. If your friend is on a locked server and you load in not having been on there before you would be a fresh spawn... Boo freakin hoo, locked servers would be the answer to pretty much 90% of the complaints of the game. Get rid of duping/ghosting/ and being able to server hop into bases... Would open up the possibility of xbox gamers having the same experience we all saw on youtube from pc players before we bought this mess for xbox. Dont take this wrong, I love the game.... for what it can be, not what it is... 

Edited by PondjectsKilla
  • Like 4