Jonas Levin

Have anyone been driving the Olga?

Question

I tried to get the Olga driving yesterday with a mate, we got all the parts and put water in the radiator and gasoline in the tank.

But we were not able to put motor oil in the motor as we normally are with the 4x4.

After looking a bit on reddit I found a thread where someone said that its bugged, that you can't put oil into it and that I drives fine without it.

So we tried that, but after a little less then a kilometer the car was ruined (the parts where still pristine though).

Has anyone been driving it with success?

And how did you put motor oil in it if you were able to?

7 answers to this question

Not sure about Xbox, but on PC version their is no oil on the current build (for both ADA and OLGA), and it works fine without it.

You sure the completly filled the radiator with water ?

If you have less than 2/3 of water, motor will get damaged pretty quick (first yellow motor sign, then red sign, and boom.... motor is smoking and the car is destroyed).

Fewer water you have, the quicker the motor will be damaged

Edited by matiman

It might have been low water, we only had 1,5 cooking pot to fill with.

Im gonna try with another one now, I almost got all of the parts.

TY for the quick reply! 🙂

Edited by Jonas Levin

Check the gauge on the dash for the water level. it normally takes around 5 canteens to fill it.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:26 AM, MetalHead2112 said:

Check the gauge on the dash for the water level. it normally takes around 5 canteens to fill it.

Ahhh yea there is no way to fill with oil currently. I made the mistake of letting a few of my buddies take my ride for a spin. They crashed it, replaced the radiator, didn't fill it enough and ruined my Olga... You can fill Jerry cans with water and it only takes one to fill the whole radiator. Otherwise it's like 6 canteens... I'll be on the hunt for a new Olga asap though. Rides like a dream so long as you avoid big cities. Got it up to 110 km./hr the other day!

On 5/10/2019 at 9:52 PM, matiman said:

Not sure about Xbox, but on PC version their is no oil on the current build (for both ADA and OLGA), and it works fine without it.

You sure the completly filled the radiator with water ?

If you have less than 2/3 of water, motor will get damaged pretty quick (first yellow motor sign, then red sign, and boom.... motor is smoking and the car is destroyed).

Fewer water you have, the quicker the motor will be damaged

I tried to build my 1st car the other day "Ada" but couldn't fill the radiator with water from the cooking pot? can we only fill from canteen, bottles and jerrycan?

I had the same problem when I tried filling the radiator on the Olga with my cooking pot.

Solved it by transferring the water to a plastic bottle and filling the radiator with that instead, it takes a bit of time but it works - the jerrycan works fine too (but remember to fill it with water first as its filled with gasoline when you first find it).

9 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

I had the same problem when I tried filling the radiator on the Olga with my cooking pot.

Solved it by transferring the water to a plastic bottle and filling the radiator with that instead, it takes a bit of time but it works - the jerrycan works fine too (but remember to fill it with water first as its filled with gasoline when you first find it).

This is fixed in 1.03. I could fill the radiator of an Olga from my cooking pot. However, now transferring water from a pot to a canteen doesn't work instead...