WOLVERlNES

Game Feedback

I started playing Day Z about 2 weeks ago with friends and very much addicted to it! With that said there are a few elements in the game that I hope the dev team corrects in next patch:

• Textures constantly re-rendering in as in textured white 3d models then applying textures, this is annoying and needs to be resolved
  • Inventory UX design needs changes to be more intuitive and user friendly, for instance collapsing menus should stay collapsed or expanded based on user’s last interaction, especially the inability to cycle thru the items in barrels
  • Optics being flat gray circles or not using cross hairs correctly because they don’t render-in fast enough — this can get players killed because they can’t aim
  • Gillie Gun Wraps obstruct First Person view in a weird way and look bad
  • Head/Face clipping thru hats, helmets and masks
  • Can’t easily Double Press LB to zoom while prone
  • Can’t use inventory while prone — we should be able to access weapons and clothing pockets but not backpacks while prone
  • Blood is too bright red, should be a darker crimson color

Hope to see these corrected in a future update, thanks for reading this everyone — keep on surviving!

Edited by RussianReavers
  • Like 1

Welcome to DayZ, and the forums. I see this game has sunk it’s claws into another.

The rendering issue is a byproduct of trying to improve performance and FPS, based on where the game determines you are looking. It’s most noticeable in large cities, I try and avoid those if possible.

The UI is actually way better than it was last December. There’s always room for improvement, hopefully after some other major issues.

The ghillie issue I would also combine with the magazines clipping through our body. What they should do is flip the guns on the x axis, so the mags are facing behind, that way you could pull the guns under your shoulder and be ready to fire.

We’ve come along pretty well, though looking forward to bug and exploit fixes, more so than new content.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nayte said:

Welcome to DayZ, and the forums. I see this game has sunk it’s claws into another.

The rendering issue is a byproduct of trying to improve performance and FPS, based on where the game determines you are looking. 

I thought it was because everything is server based. It loads in and renders when the player look/approach an area. 

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

I thought it was because everything is server based. It loads in and renders when the player look/approach an area. 

Not sure, I was under the impression that the whole map was stored on your drive and had nothing to do with servers or connection. I was watching TMRZ streaming and he mentioned something about it but maybe that's unique to pc? As I say, not sure, I'm not a tech person. I've just always assumed it's down to the ability of the xbox to render large numbers of objects. Ark gets around it simply by not even attempting to render distant forests, you just see bare mountains in the distance. To be honest, I'm still amazed it copes as well as it does.