ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.03.151457

As I close down the DayZ loader I get a DayZ-x64.exe application error. Doesnt seem to affect anything

ThgdGdm.png

Looks like the water pumps are broken. Can someone confirm?

....and they are not broken. you just can't have anything in your hands when taking a sip.

Edited by Dorka

a knife sheath (found) 6x3 is now in the game, so presumeably also a belt (not yet found).

takes kitchen knives ok . ..

I observed everything. but I wonder if they will put all those things back. now it's a super arcade. it has nothing to do with survival. plenty of food, marginal zombies. first to fix a car where to find 20 objects, you fell you had fractures, to turn on a generator you needed gasoline, pootevi drink from the rain, infections now tickle. you can drink from rivers that do not die so much, vomit does not create problems for you. at this point I am afraid that the final game will be very much simplified for the joy of so many who want only weapons and vehicles thinking that it is a game of world war and not a survival.

I would add that if it were not for the mods the game would be a shame given the 6 years of development. in fact they themselves are copying the mod.

Edited by MATTEO M

Key bind system is a mess. Every key I try to rebind in the left column wipes itself out after hitting apply. But copies itself to the right column. I rebind the key in the right column, hit apply, and it successfully moves itself to the left column.

Bottom middle hotbar still constantly disappearing when going to the main menu.

Unable to unbox headlight bulb box
haEFlKJ.jpg

Can easily break the inventory when dragging stuff around when its rotated
7zudgI9.jpg

Edited by USteppin

19 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Added: Handheld Transceiver and Glow Stick attachments on backpacks

This is dope, thanks !

Also settings to disable personal light on private server. Looks like dev team hear community when they want to ^^

As said by few, not really survival oriented sadly, but looks like a good patch anyway.

Just hope it will not introduce as many bugs as 1.01 and 1.02...

big yikes at the new melee changes and at locked animations in general.

bring back the 0.5x era melee, it was good and fun. two people charging at each other like knights trying to "headshot" each other with their axes. glorious.

On a first glance, fine update with some very neat additions. A new car, weapon and other items are always welcome! Some other good changes and additions, such beings able to add the radio and glowsticks to your backpack, more sound effects, inventory rotation, character stats etc....

However, looking a tad longer at these patch notes I simply cannot hide my dissapointment. First off, the new melee is pretty bad... Because of the forward movement when swinging (Why is this forward movement still in? Please remove it!), and because of the new target lock system. It locks my character on the targets location, but as soon as the target goes to my right or left (because of the stupid forward movement) my character stays locked in melee towards the same spot that the infected was at earlier... How is this good? Is it a bug or intended? I am sorry, but I simply can't see any gains with this target lock system. I would advise to remove together with the forward movement, that would improve melee by a ton.

Secondly, where is the server performance improvements or any improvements regarding car stability? Granted, I have not been driving in a car on a 60 man server during this experimental patch. However, I got a huge feeling that a car is going to kill me sooner or later. So it is cool to have three different cars by now, but what is the point if we can't drive it?

Moreover, where are the new features? We are almost in June, so on a half in 2019. And still no single feature has been added. Not even features that were in development since 2018 such as fishing and vaulting/climbing. I understand that helicopters take time, but where the heck are those features that were supposed to come in 2018? I sincerely hope that something will be added in the upcoming 1.03 experimentel patches of this month before it hits stable.

Same goes for survival features... I sincerely hope that we will see some changes in experimental this month before  1.03 hits stable. We need diseases for eating raw meat, we need more complex diseases for drinking pond water, we need bone fractures and a temperature system that actually influences the game instead of 'just being there'. 

Like I said, on first glance the patch is fine as it clearly makes the game better. But there is still so much stuff missing that really should be coming around this time. The first half of 2019 is almost over... Please do not tell me that the content of this patch is everything that we can expect for 1.03 stable, or at least that some big additions to the game are coming soon after 1.03....

Edited by amadieus

I do agree with the sentiments that the melee changes are not that great and makes for a frustrating experience with both Infected and Players alike.

I think melee should allow freedom of movement like it did, it allowed to arc your attacks if needed but I think how to make melee better (In my opinion):

• Pressing the attack button once should do a precise melee attack. (e.g stab with the knife/spear, using the head of a hammer/axe to "stab" etc). Allows for skill based precise striking.
  • Subsequent pressing of melee attacks quickly after the first one should then go into the combo of swings like it does, but allowing to keep movement during the arc movement. Allows for continued damage output for continuous stamina use.
  • Staggering should not be a feature in the game UNLESS being hit by a two handed weapon like a sledgehammer. Adrenaline would shrug off anything smaller and it gives a buff to slower two handed weapons.

I think that would make the melee much better and would keep the precise, skill based strikes of .62 prior builds and also the new changes of the new melee system.

At the very least the new melee changes added to 1.03 should be reverted.

Edited by Cravez

Solve the problem with the combatlogers, we ran after the man across the field, fired at him and he ran into the Christmas tree and disconnected, saw his aim and he was gone, 15 seconds is too short, 1 minute or 2 is better

Edited by shuter165

5 hours ago, aux7 said:

@ThePugman

30DCDB9534FE88D0CBC434CA92B9DEDE29ADF875

ahh, there is a little white arrow a third of the way down the screen on the right hand side. click on it and you get the above

playtime

players killed

infected killed

lomgest survivor hit (whatever that is)

The hours played stat doesnt look quite right for my player. Players killed zero is right though

All my characters have stats . .. .

Is there going to be a competition for a player with a character with longest hours played now? One of my characters has over 120 hours . .. .

Thanks for that. I like it. Also intrigued about longest survivor hit... perhaps the longest kill shot?

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

Secondly, where is the server performance improvements or any improvements regarding car stability? Granted, I have not been driving in a car on a 60 man server during this experimental patch. However, I got a huge feeling that a car is going to kill me sooner or later. So it is cool to have three different cars by now, but what is the point if we can't drive it?

In their defence, I spent much of my time on EXP last night fixing up cars. Managed to get the Olga going, and drove it at great speed halfway around the map. Didn’t encounter any performance issues at all. It ran like a dream. 

Although I also managed to get the Gunther going, but not far since it only had 3 wheels. For me, this vehicle was shaking and bouncing around like crazy. I thought it was going to fly away at one point. Just for me though, my friend didn’t see the same problems. Still, I expected a new car in experimental to have a few issues.

18 hours ago, chambersenator said:

And just a FYI - if you find that you are unable to rotate items in your inventory, just quit out, delete the DayZ settings folder in your documents folder, and start the game back up.

Thank you, this tip fixed my problem.

34 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

In their defence, I spent much of my time on EXP last night fixing up cars. Managed to get the Olga going, and drove it at great speed halfway around the map. Didn’t encounter any performance issues at all. It ran like a dream.

Great to hear, but this was on high/full pop server? 

To be honest, this is the first patch since 1.0 which actually brought in a lot of exciting but even new stuff. And even though I'm hoping that 1.04 will all be about survival, some of these changes actually are survival as well, in my opinion. NVG? Let's you see in the dark thus enhances your survival. Putting a Glow stick or HT on your backpack or flashlight onto your helmet frees up your hands thus enhances survival. Other than these very handy and welcome changes, there are a lot of QoL changes in there as well, which are very welcome as well.

Let's just hope that in 1.04 we can see some more survival features come back like fishing, tanning leather, coloring items in barrels, setting traps to catch rabbits, etc. Like @amadieus already mentioned, they're not as big as helicopters so you would expect them soon. I think with the team they've got, something like fishing should be done easily in 1 month.

So, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this patch. This time they did underpromise and overdeliver in my book. Keep this up and we'll get there eventually.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, ThePugman said:

This is because there isn't much persistent items, faction bases in Experimental servers. Server performance starts degrading once those things pile up. And they do pile up, for official servers and community servers alike. Add that to a full 60 person server and that's when you start seeing those killer cars. It's sad, we likely won't be seeing an official increase in max players or an increase in zombies because of this ongoing issue.

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, IMT said:

Let's just hope that in 1.04 we can see some more survival features come back like fishing, tanning leather, coloring items in barrels, setting traps to catch rabbits, etc. Like @amadieus already mentioned, they're not as big as helicopters so you would expect them soon. I think with the team they've got, something like fishing should be done easily in 1 month.

- Deadly diseases

- An improved medical system

- Significantly slower health/blood regeneration

- Broken bones

- Less abundant food/drinks (Including zombie drops, forest spawns)

- Wider detection distance for animal AI (so you can't just run up to them and be set on food for days)

- Reworked zombie spawns

Give us these for that coming "survival update" and I'm sold. I don't think they're prioritizing fishing or throwing. They've stated before that those are just added "flavor" for the game and are not a priority. Come back in a year for those I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, repzaj1234 said:

- Deadly diseases

- An improved medical system

- Significantly slower health/blood regeneration

- Broken bones

- Less abundant food/drinks (Including zombie drops, forest spawns)

- Wider detection distance for animal AI (so you can't just run up to them and be set on food for days)

- Reworked zombie spawns

Give us these for that coming "survival update" and I'm sold. I don't think they're prioritizing fishing or throwing. They've stated before that those are just added "flavor" for the game and are not a priority. Come back in a year for those I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

While they might be "flavor", it's a feature and something to do to pass time in the game and it's not something which will take a year to develop. Stuff like slower health/blood regen, tweaking food spawns or the quantity of food, etc. are just tweaks in numbers. They don't take up a lot of time other than balancing but that can be done together with the community. Stuff like improved medical system, broken bones are features so they take a little longer. So that's why I always ask myself why they don't balance out some stuff and do it on a regular basis until the community and the developers are on a point where both are happy about it.

Still, anything concerning survival is an addition to vanilla. It doesn't matter if it's "flavor" content, number tweaks or actual features, they all add to the immersion and survival experience.

• Beans 1

On 5/10/2019 at 4:57 PM, ImpulZ said:

Hello Survivors,

we have just released the initial 1.03 Experimental update.

With this update we have also updated the Public Experimental Server Files.

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

ADDED

• Added: Switch on/off for walk modifier ('CTRL' by default)
  • Added: Separated hold breath and walk inputs (both 'CTRL' by default)
  • Added: Erect, crouch and prone inputs (no binds by default)
  • Added: Turn on/off headlight/night vision goggles ('L' press/hold by default)
  • Added: Rotate item in inventory ('SPACE' by default)
  • Added: Possibility to change the orientation of items in the inventory (press 'SPACE' while dragging item)
  • Added: New vehicle Gunter 2 with its attachments
  • Added: VSS rifle with its attachments
  • Added: 9x39 ammunition
  • Added: 9x39 armor-piercing ammunition
  • Added: Tracer ammunition (5.56x45, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, .308WIN)
  • Added: Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
  • Added: NVG head strap
  • Added: NVG can be attached to Tactical Helmet (hold 'L' to switch on/off)
  • Added: Universal Flashlight can be attached to Tactical Helmet (press 'L' to switch on/off)
  • Added: Baraka sights
  • Added: Backup Iron Sights (BUIS)
  • Added: PSO-1-1 Scope, designed for the VSS rifle
  • Added: Bayonets for KA, M4-A1, Mosin 91/30 and SK 59/66
  • Added: Firearms Melee Attacks with pistols, buttstocks, and bayonets
  • Added: Hand Saw                                              
  • Added: 4-dial Combination Lock
  • Added: Strawberry Jam
  • Added: Handheld Transceiver and Glow Stick attachments on backpacks
  • Added: Separated erect, crouch and prone inputs
  • Added: Quickbar working in inventory
  • Added: "You are here" marker for each tourist trail map stand
  • Added: Instead of press, some actions are now triggered by holding 'F' button for a continuous action
  • Added: New optional server.cfg parameter - disablePersonalLight = true/false; which toggles personal light on all connected clients
  • Added: Quantity bar for energy based items and fireplace
  • Added: New 'swayModifier' config param for weapons and their attachment
  • Added: Milliseconds to client/server rpt files
  • Added: check to prevent invalid requests from clients (inventory optimization)
  • Added: Possibility to execute different types of melee hits (expanded melee command to execute stationary melee animations)
  • Added: Character statistics into the main menu
  • Added: Baseball/nailed bat
  • Added: Drop and pickup sound for scopes
  • Added: Sounds for death animations
  • Added: Sounds for suicide animations
  • Added: Lock/unlock sound for doors
  • Added: Sounds for prone animation with a rifle in hands
  • Added: One male and one female character sound set
  • Added: Different character sounds when wearing certain headgear (e.g Combat Gas Mask, Motorbike Helmet)

FIXED

• Fixed: Server crash when planting seed into a watered garden plot (T138343)
  • Fixed: Server error when crafting torch (T136903)
  • Fixed: Building position updated after the first open/close door action (T137749)
  • Fixed: Issue with flickering lights when there were more than 6 lights in render view (now sorted based on the distance) (T136038)
  • Fixed: Transition between close and distant light is now instant (without dark gap in-between)
  • Fixed: Jammed weapons make shooting sounds for other players
  • Fixed: A crash when looking at the outside terrain from the close-up at certain terrain configurations
  • Fixed: Sea outside of the terrain borders was not rendered when enableTerrainSynth was set to false
  • Fixed: Black dots on a single wooden plank model
  • Fixed: Incorrect visuals for Patrol Pants in 1st resolution LOD
  • Fixed: ClockHour and clockMinute animation sources now synchronize with the accelerated time
  • Fixed: Breath vapour should now properly handle temperatures lower than its lower range threshold
  • Fixed: Torch displaying "pieces" as quantity
  • Fixed: A dropped Road flare now points forward, not always north
  • Fixed: A dropped Flash light now points forward, not sideways
  • Fixed: Universal Light and Pistol Light now face forward when dropped, not sideways
  • Fixed: Corrected texts and animations for digging hidden stash
  • Fixed: Watering a garden slot had no progress bar
  • Fixed: Possible desync issues when using base building actions
  • Fixed: Torch did not update its quantity while not burning when rags were added to it
  • Fixed: Infected can attack player through tent walls
  • Fixed: Weapon fire mode is not saved upon relogging (T137708)
  • Fixed: Infected can hit player character through walls (T138230)
  • Fixed: Equipment window gets cut off on specific resolutions (T128448)
  • Fixed: Loot in infected corpses spawns after a while (T133245)
  • Fixed: Drinking gasoline does not harm your character (T117406)
  • Fixed: Character doesn't go to the crouch position when lying on the back and moving (T138970)
  • Fixed: Lens flares are visible when unconscious

TWEAKED

• Changed: Limit of dynamic lights in render view has been increased to 16
  • Changed: Many fixes and tweaks to the Chernarusplus terrain
  • Tweaked: Ladders on deer stands should be easier to get on
  • Removed: airtemperaturecheck() function removed and its functionality moved to a new modifier breathvapourmdfr.c
  • Changed: Config parameter recoilModifier[2] now used to modify cam offset
  • Tweaked: Minor improvements for the fireplaces
  • Tweaked: Minor improvements for the radial menu
  • Tweaked: Improved Road flare particles
  • Tweaked: Torch no longer illuminates the world during daytime any more
  • Tweaked: Muzzle flash illumination range at night increased from 5m to 15m
  • Tweaked: Improved variability of the muzzle flash particle for the VSD and LAR rifles
  • Tweaked: Improved visibility of the blood splatter particle
  • Tweaked: Smoke particles on weapons
  • Tweaked: Decreased lethal radius of the landmines
  • Changed: Melee refactor
  • targeting related changes, locking of aim when the attack is committed (turning while attacking is not possible now)
  • damaging of vehicles/doors
  • Changed: Extended checking of client-server inventory requests (inventory optimization)
  • Changed: Read and check of file signatures moved to different thread so it won't block the main thread
  • Changed: Checking client signatures on the server is done in multiple frames
  • Changed: Possibility to render proxy objects on creatures
  • Changed: Unified unlocking behaviour for house doors (using Lock pick or brute force)
  • Tweaked: Death darkening not playing when already unconscious
  • Tweaked: Inventory improvements to correctly display higher stack of items in the vicinity
  • Tweaked: Inventory icons for bladed weapons, food and drinks
  • Tweaked: Projectiles damage
  • Tweaked: Bleeding sound
  • Tweaked: Distance attenuation for weapons reloads
  • Tweaked: Land Mine activation/explosion sounds
  • Changed: Jumping is disabled when a player is significantly injured
  • Changed: Separated hold breath and walk inputs

MODDING

• Fixed: Cast warning spam caused by a modded playerbase class
  • Changed: Greatly optimized RecipeCache, now built automatically on startup (mods no longer require to rebuild it when adding custom recipes)
  • Added: Workbench script debugging documentation https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Workbench_Script_Debugging
  • Added: Enfusion script syntax documentation https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Enforce_Script_Syntax
  • Changed: Loading unpacked mods using -mod= parameter (both game and workbench) no longer requires deprecated mod.cpp, now reads from CfgMods class in config.cpp
  • Added: '-gproj custom.gproj' parameter to workbench for custom selection of gproj files.
  • Changed: Constants are now moddable through modded class https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Enforce_Script_Syntax#Modded_constants
  • Fixed: FPrint crash when writing extremely large strings to file
  • Changed: Increased max file size limit for script created files to 50MB
  • Added: Separated lifetimes for dead bodies of players, infected and animals (CleanupLifetimeDeadPlayer / CleanupLifetimeDeadInfected / CleanupLifetimeDeadAnimal for globals.xml)
  • Added: Energy Manager - new config parameter convertEnergyToQuantity = true;
  • Added: New script events OnQuantityChanged() & OnAttachmentQuantityChanged(ItemBase item)
  • Added: Human::LinkToLocalSpaceOf & Human::UnlinkFromLocalSpace for character link to different entities
  • Changed: User actions inputs refactor (optimizations for adding inputs for user action and modifying input behavior , input synchronization optimizations) → old actions defines to be removed with Stable update!
  • Changed: User actions initialization refactor (Set actions moved from config to script (support for inheritance), reduced exceptions in system, reduced number of steps for creating new user actions, Action input is part of action now)
  • Tweaked: User actions selection process and conditions check optimizations

DAMN, that's quite the wall! Amazing, keep up the underpromise/overdeliver!

seems I can never find any kind of rifle like the m4 ak or lar on xbox even when I walked for hours to bases just to find attachments for the weapons but no weapons its annoying as hell 

10 hours ago, amadieus said:

Great to hear, but this was on high/full pop server? 

7 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

This is because there isn't much persistent items, faction bases in Experimental servers. Server performance starts degrading once those things pile up. And they do pile up, for official servers and community servers alike. Add that to a full 60 person server and that's when you start seeing those killer cars. It's sad, we likely won't be seeing an official increase in max players or an increase in zombies because of this ongoing issue.

I get the lack of persistent items, although have seen a large stash on EXP before. I only ever play on DE 2-0 which, as far as I’m aware, is one the most popular EXP servers. Population was booming, either way.

• Thanks 1

This is mostly a QoL patch.

There are some cool changes and nice additions, but I have to stop at the negative/cuestionables aspects such us:

• Does anyone else consider this new melee system very unsuitable for the game? (I'm talking about not being able to rotate your character)
  • Is there a delay when using LMB for an action when leaving the inventory screen? (You need to press twice LMB in order to perform an action)
  • Does the game ever going to get an interface enhancements? (Main manu, the loading screen... everything feels like a game from 2000).
  • I was expecting some basebuilding and survival balance as a priority. We are currently relying a huge percentage of this features in mods and servers config for things that should be the core of the game experience
  • Were combination locks issue (combinations didn´t save after server restart / crashes) fixed before introducing a 4 digits combination lock? (Another huge gamebreaking issue in the stable branch)
  • Was there any work on cars and its performance? (General desync improvements)

Maybe there is more to come for 1.03 Stable. As I said, I really like most of the QoL additions... but I still think that game really need some major changes and of course, content and complexity.

5 hours ago, ThePugman said:

I only ever play on DE 2-0 which, as far as I’m aware, is one the most popular EXP servers. Population was booming, either way.

I think you mean 0 - 2 or?

54 minutes ago, aux7 said:

I think you mean 0 - 2 or?

Probably. Close enough though, right? Lol

sure,  and yes that is one high pop exp server . .. . .

With the addition of the weapon melee animations, could we please have the spear animations reworked? The current animation for hitting a spear looks really bad, it's like you're wiping a spear in front of a zombie until he falls over. I think that borrowing one of the weapon bayonet animations would work wonders, and I don't think it would be too much work to adapt it to the spear. Thanks!

• Thanks 2