ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.03.151457

z7eqnmjetshz.jpg

MMMMMM... Pistol Whip... 🤤

Edited by Mr Jizz
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:
  • Added: 4-dial Combination Lock

Presumably this will fix the issue that the 3-dial combination locks are having where they stop working for whatever reason?

37 minutes ago, le_thai said:

one weapon 😐

Take it easy my friend. Not only are we getting a quicker update, but we're also getting a vehicle too. All of those weapons are found in mod packs and most servers have those weapons and better weapons available. Vehicles are cooler! Am I right or am I right? 😃 

Anyone got eyes on the "Gunter 2"??

Not going to lie - when I saw the name I instantly thought of the fabled VW Golf 4-door clone. (I realize it's probably the V3S rebadged to avoid copyright)

Spoiler

767px-C33368b3088ba4a4656ecc458588d2c2.j

Edited by Mr Jizz

13 minutes ago, Mr Jizz said:

Anyone got eyes on the "Gunter 2"??

Not going to lie - when I saw the name I instantly thought of the fabled VW Golf 4-door clone. (I realize it's probably the V3S rebadged to avoid copyright)

Reveal hidden contents

767px-C33368b3088ba4a4656ecc458588d2c2.j

it should be the Golf

i found a Gunter hood and it was certainly no V3S hood but a red car hood

7DCC5DA2EED14D9D57E6120E2046B400882205E5

13 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

it should be the Golf

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY 🤗

• Beans 1

15 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

it should be the Golf

It's gotta be the golf, because the hood in the car image Mr Jizz shared and the hood you found are exactly the same.

• Like 1

Any fix for the combination locks?

I checked the cfgeventspawns.xml for this version and there's no spawns for the Gunter...

4 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I checked the cfgeventspawns.xml for this version and there's no spawns for the Gunter...

SO is that guy's image of the hood is a fake?

1 minute ago, Mr Jizz said:

SO is that guy's image of the hood is a fake?

I'm sure the PARTS exist, but there are no spawn points for the vehicle.

@BetterDeadThanZed

Look in events.xml

<event name="VehicleCivilianSedan">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>25</nominal>
        <min>20</min>
        <max>25</max>
        <lifetime>300</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>500</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>500</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>200</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>mixed</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="20" min="15" type="CivilianSedan"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="20" min="15" type="Hatchback_02"/>
        </children>
    </event>

It's called "Hatchback_02" and if I understand it correctly, it shares spawn locations with the OLGA 24 sedan. From types.xml it has 4 doors, a hood, a trunk and its own wheel types. In the 102 files, there was a small yellow hatchback, blue van, green V3S and small green utility truck. I'm guessing the small hatchback.

Edited by helpthedeadwalk
typo

Just now, helpthedeadwalk said:

@BetterDeadThanZed

Look in events.xml

It's called "Hatchback_02" and if I understand it correctly, it shares spawn locations with the OLGA 24 sedan. From types.xml it has 4 doors, a hood, a trunk and its own wheel types. In the 102 files, there was a small yellow hatchback, blue van, green V3S and small green utility truck. I'm guessing the small sedan.

I stand corrected. I didn't know they could do it that way.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, chambersenator said:

And just a FYI - if you find that you are unable to rotate items in your inventory, just quit out, delete the DayZ settings folder in your documents folder, and start the game back up.

You'd think by now this would be something the game would automatically be doing for players.

I love a lot about this patch but have grave concerns about the new melee. Locking us into place? I was sure this was a bug at first, but read that it’s an intended feature?! How clunky did you want to make the melee in this game? I wouldn’t mind it, if each attack didn’t drive your player forward. I practised a few punches on my own, and my character moved forward about 10 metres. This isn’t very ideal when the zombies get right up in your face too. You cannot see who you want to punch.

A few bugs I’ve noticed..

I was unable to see the contents of the zombies’ inventory about 90% of the time. I could see they had items by the + indicator, but the vicinity menu showed no zombies. 

Headlights seem broken. Can’t unbox them, can’t  remove them from vehicles.

1.02 added a feature where you would press a number to hotkey items. This was no longer working for me.

I really did enjoy smashing open locked doors, I think that’s an amazing addition. Rotating items, too. Simple, but so effective.

Glow sticks on backpacks... you really listened to community feedback! 

I’m intrigued by the firearm melee. Didn’t get to try it, but love the idea.

The melee I did experience though ... god damn, that was painful... maybe I need to get used to this new style though, we’ll see.

Edited by ThePugman

@ImpulZ

I buried some bags, on exp  . . and it wont let me dig them up. I can see the mound of earth, and it lets me try to dig them up but nothing. i will raise a ticket tomorrow3C822620AE6466975953F3E1A5F198AAB963F3CA

28 minutes ago, aux7 said:

@ImpulZ

I buried some bags, on exp  . . and it wont let me dig them up. I can see the mound of earth, and it lets me try to dig them up but nothing. i will raise a ticket tomorrow3C822620AE6466975953F3E1A5F198AAB963F3CA

That's odd.

I have not seen "Pile of Dirt" as the prompt for buried stashes (Sea Chest, Pelican Case, and Ammo Box). Is that maybe just a bugged out stash that has now become just a hole where you would normally have gotten worms from after digging for them?

6 hours ago, philbur said:

That's odd.

I have not seen "Pile of Dirt" as the prompt for buried stashes (Sea Chest, Pelican Case, and Ammo Box). Is that maybe just a bugged out stash that has now become just a hole where you would normally have gotten worms from after digging for them?

you get the prompt when you have your spade out, my spade is on my back in this picture. I had only buried it to raid a base half an hour before

it can be that it is now a bugged out stash . . .  but thats a bug . . .

Edited by aux7

new melee is absolutelly unbearable and actually looks very stupid. how the hell that coulb be intended changes? :S well.. i hope some mod will fix that. other than that, i had no real problems yet.

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

you get the prompt when you have your spade out, my spade is on my back in this picture. I had only buried it to raid a base half an hour before

So to clarify? There is no prompt whatsoever, if you don’t have a shovel? I hope so. Always found it annoying that the hud would give away a stashes location to someone who isn’t even looking for one.

1 minute ago, ThePugman said:

So to clarify? There is no prompt whatsoever, if you don’t have a shovel? I hope so. Always found it annoying that the hud would give away a stashes location to someone who isn’t even looking for one.

if there is a stash and you do not have a shovel in hand you see the prompt "pile of dirt" as you can see in the picture. with a shovel you get a prompt "... bury"

15 minutes ago, aux7 said:

if there is a stash and you do not have a shovel in hand you see the prompt "pile of dirt" as you can see in the picture. with a shovel you get a prompt "... bury"

Ahh, ok, thanks.

By the way, does anyone have any detailed information about ‘character statistics in main menu’? I didn’t get a chance to see exactly what this entailed.

3 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

does anyone have any detailed information about ‘character statistics in main menu’? I didn’t get a chance to see exactly what this entailed.

I didnt notice anything, going on line now to test again

Edited by aux7

@ThePugman

30DCDB9534FE88D0CBC434CA92B9DEDE29ADF875

ahh, there is a little white arrow a third of the way down the screen on the right hand side. click on it and you get the above

playtime

players killed

infected killed

longest survivor hit (whatever that is)

The hours played stat doesnt look quite right for my player. Players killed zero is right though

All my characters have stats . .. .

Is there going to be a competition for a player with a character with longest hours played now? One of my characters has over 120 hours . .. .

Edited by aux7