Sign in to follow this  
andysuter

storing stuff in barrels

How exactly does this work? I think id like to get into storing stuff for when I die (usually within the next hour!)

My shove has an option to 'position placement' whatever that is

1 hour ago, andysuter said:

How exactly does this work? I think id like to get into storing stuff for when I die (usually within the next hour!)

find a barrel, move it to where you want to hide it, and drop ...  there are rumors (I havent tried it) that you can drop them in shallow water and also trees (I didnt manage to get it to work/wolves got me)

My shove has an option to 'position placement' whatever that is

shovel?

1 minute ago, aux7 said:

find a barrel, move it to where you want to hide it, and drop ...  there are rumors (I havent tried it) that you can drop them in shallow water and also trees (I didnt manage to get it to work/wolves got me)

shovel?

Yes sorry, shovel (was typing too fast at work while trying to look busy hahaha)

How do you bury stuff though? ps.... ive added you on PC so lets hook up some time. Im on this evening (6pm UTC - till I fall asleep or get sick of dying)

With the shovel you can make a field for horticulture. That's probably what you mean with 'position placement'.

You can bury a Drybag, Cooking pot, protector case and probably a lot more items that hold loot. You drop it on the ground and aim at it with the shovel. Then use the action that appears.

• Thanks 1

As Amadieus says , plus the ammo box, teddy bear. You just have to be careful where you try to bury it. Near trees is a bad idea, in grass hides the disturbed earth graphic that appears.

If it comes up with position placement, it means you cannot bury the item you are looking at. If you do dig though you can get earthworms to eat . ..  .

.... ive added you on PC so lets hook up some time. Im on this evening (6pm UTC - till I fall asleep or get sick of dying)

yeah, I saw, sure.  6pm Z time ok

Which server did you join? pm me

Edited by aux7