FelBRax

DAYZGUID?

So, what is this DAYZGUID that I am getting on my .ADM (adminlog) files and how can I convert them to something that actually can help me in reading the log?

I know about all these: SteamID, SteamID3, SteamID3, SteamID64
AND the GUID which has 32 chars in lenght, ok... And I know how to convert all of them.

But what about this DAYZGUID with 43 chars in lenght?
How do I convert these to a valid SteamID?

Example: id=OUpqnktXnegvsOiQf2c9+hR7dm6auJD6SyGHOm2je98=

These admin log files are a pain in the a** to read already because of the sh*tty naming system the games uses ( Survivor (XX) ) and now we got a "new" kind of guid to convert?

To make it short: You can't "convert" the BI-UID to any other format. You need a rainbow table or adjust the server logging to output the Steam64.

The base format for the BI-UID: base64(sha256(SteamID64))

11 hours ago, philippj said:

... or adjust the server logging to output the Steam64...

So, that means the admin log is kinda useless in it's vanilla state ...

Man I wish I have more hope for this game.
I play DayZ since DayZ Mod and there was a time I really enjoyed this game.

At each patch now I am not like this anymore: "Coool, what's new in this version?"

But instead, I am more like: "Great, what's the new bug for me to correct on my own in my server?"

Oh, btw, here is what I think about this great feature called adminlog:

088f46d8-de6b-4d40-b249-041515da43ec.jpg

The adminlog does what it should and the BI UID does as well. You can identify a player based on the ID and that is it's primary use case. That doesn't make the logs any less useful. 

If you want to have the Steam64 and with that the Steam identity of a player you should have to put in a little effort as you are literally reverting privacy changes BI made. And it's not like there is nothing out there already available for this use case. I think DUG has Steam64 logging somewhere in their modpack. Also there are 3rd party admin tools which do this.

Edited by philippj

OK.

NOW I just don't care how will you get data but I'm post here algorithm.

1. Battleye GUID -> md5("BE"+SteamID64) -> was 7656119********** -> after function -> 5b384********6a32****ce********5 (as example result is Battleye GUID)

2. DayZ GUID -> Base64(SHA256(SteamID64)) -> was 7656119********** -> after function ->  PLc+m**uU*****VGNNS2Ea2*****jI/TT8gVSo******* (as example)

Explain:

SteamID64 - Users Steam ID.

"BE" -> String with 2 letters equals BE.

md5 -> Hash function called as MD5, but you need find correct implementation.

SHA256 -> Cryptographic hash (also know as "Rijndael") (by default many programming languages return result of this function as byte[] (array of bytes))

Base64 - > coding format (best option to get a String from byte[])

You wanna ask me "Why f*** do they do it if SteamID is unique by default!?" - my answer is: "I don't know...".