FearFokkol

Base's on buildings - possible server hop to access

Hi All

Came across another base build on top of a building, now there are no stairs or anything that could be used to get to the top of the building which is quite high, now I don't think they go through the process of even trying to build the stairs and platforms to get to their base every time they play on the server, so I assume that players are building these stairs/platforms on other servers just to get to the top of the building, then logout and login to the server where the base was built, then possibly repeat the process "all geared up" on another server.

They are building a watchtower to climb the building on another server then swapping over and building

7 minutes ago, PondjectsKilla said:

They are building a watchtower to climb the building on another server then swapping over and building

Exactly what I thought, If I move to a higher position, I can see quite a few tents on top of the building but no way of getting up there, so would assume he/they are gearing up on one server, then hopping to another.

Now the question is, is this a dupers base or not, would need to get up there and check :)

I think you guys have sussed it but im on the fence with this one. On one hand its clear exploitation of server hopping which the devs could fix by making buildables carry over to every server? but on the other hand, with so many dupers and KOS/base wreckers on the servers im glad someone found a way to beat it (for the time being) and applaud them for that.

PS - as a new player, I didn't realise that what you build doesn't carry over to every server

I tried that in chernogorsk in the industrial area but when i logged into another server in the same spot, i was outside the roof and fell to my death. 

Seems risky building bases like that. 

14 minutes ago, andysuter said:

I think you guys have sussed it but im on the fence with this one. On one hand its clear exploitation of server hopping which the devs could fix by making buildables carry over to every server? but on the other hand, with so many dupers and KOS/base wreckers on the servers im glad someone found a way to beat it (for the time being) and applaud them for that.

PS - as a new player, I didn't realise that what you build doesn't carry over to every server

Yeah I do agree that this was nicely thought out and from what the base looks like, they sure put alot of effort into it as I cant access it unless the tower/s are build on a particular part of the building (Base is walled off on top of building  edge) or build the towers on another server, then get to the middle of the roof top, then server hop back to where the base is.

2 hours ago, andysuter said:

Having buildings go across all servers is not a good idea - it increases raiding chances and would have a ridiculous impact on FPS and gear. The only solution to any of this is character locking the servers so every server has a different character for players.

10 hours ago, andysuter said:

With the number of people that play the game, don't you think that more than one player has built a base or camp in the same spot?  THAT is why base builds don't carry over.  Again, server locking is the only solution.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:26 AM, FearFokkol said:

Hi All

Came across another base build on top of a building, now there are no stairs or anything that could be used to get to the top of the building which is quite high, now I don't think they go through the process of even trying to build the stairs and platforms to get to their base every time they play on the server, so I assume that players are building these stairs/platforms on other servers just to get to the top of the building, then logout and login to the server where the base was built, then possibly repeat the process "all geared up" on another server.

Easy fix to your concern: its not your base, so stay out of it and mind your business haha.

On another note, I would case the place for a while from a high point and try to pop shots and the owners when they appear. Or you can server hop into their base too from another server where you build a watch tower trying to get to it.

Personally I find nothing wrong with server hopping. Only issue I see with server hopping is when people try to server hop into a position to better kill you. Most people I know though only server hop to find loot. You have your occasional asshole that'll sever hop to a better position to kill though. Or server hop into your base instead of destroying walls

22 minutes ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Easy fix to your concern: its not your base, so stay out of it and mind your business haha.

On another note, I would case the place for a while from a high point and try to pop shots and the owners when they appear. Or you can server hop into their base too from another server where you build a watch tower trying to get to it.

Personally I find nothing wrong with server hopping. Only issue I see with server hopping is when people try to server hop into a position to better kill you. Most people I know though only server hop to find loot. You have your occasional asshole that'll sever hop to a better position to kill though. Or server hop into your base instead of destroying walls

Yeah I dont really like server hopping especially when it comes to bases/repositioning in combat etc... 😁

As for the base, I prefer to check any base I come along as I'm looking for dupers gear, as always if it's a legit base, I will leave the contents and leave the area or trade something, like the other day I came across a base that had nothing in it but a half built Ada 4x4, I check the Ada and there were odd bits, I wanted a cooking pot which happened to be there so I traded my CR527 with mag "no scope" for the cooking pot (I Had a Tundra for long range which I kept), then left the area.

I had been scouting this particular base for a while previously which had seemed like a dupers base considering the gear that these players had so wanted to check it, i like the idea of what they had done, thereby making the base more difficult to access unless someone has to do some building to access it,b ut the issue comes in where they have no idea when the owners of the base would come back, but also the base was inaccessible to server hoppers also unless they build the towers to access it.

Now I dont consider every player carrying a LAR/M4/KAM as a duper as they could have taken the gear from another player/duper or lucky to have found one, however since this is a big issue in this game currently, I'm sure that this is something players would assume when coming across a player with such gear considering that these items are currently in some instances completely unavailable and by making a trip to any Mil base is just another trip to get better clothing/backpack and possibly a platecarrier (Basically turning Mil bases into Market Tents for better clothes and that's all)  😁