Sign in to follow this  
bent.toe

Dayz Battle royale: quest for M4

I give up... Really. 

The end game is to look for an M4. Not to build a car and have a small community in a happy built base.

This weekend i met and talked to over 20 players online, they all had one common intrest. To find an M4. 

I died 4 times by KOS's. Tried talking but nope... BAM! *searching corpse for M4*

We, the community and paying customers, have plead on these forums, on twitter, on reddit to fix the duping problem since patch 1.0.

What do we get? New weapons, odd controls, even more broken vehicles, 2 hour days and 1 hour nights, more bugs, gas mask and cosmetic nonsense. 

What i heard from players and read on the internet is not wanting a new weapon or a gas mask. Nope... what i've read is we want duping to be fixed, RNG to be fixed, custom controls, rendering and fps stabilization, stat tracking and so on. How on earth can you add stuff when the core game is broken? 

I watched a stream on mixer where a pretty popular xbox streamer stod inside a camp with 4-5 watchtowers, walls and 8+ tents full of weapons. That is cheating and exploting glitches. He should be banned. 

Console players will NEVER be or play a game like PC players. Most of us want everything right away, preferably with a huge red waypoint showing where it can be found. What this does is destroying a game to the point that it's not fun at all. In this case duplicating. 

Why not separate the players? You did this with FPP vs TPP servers. Why not add more casual servers with weapons and ammo replacing 50% of the unneccesary clothes scattered all over. Or have locked character servers? 

If you can’t fix the problem, try atleast to work around it. 

You could do so much more and could have, these two last patches to make us more happy. But i'm 100% certain that you DON'T listen to the community. 

If we stop to think about it for 1 sec... why do military weapons, or any weapon, need to be rare? Is it to prevent a massiv shoot out with 60 players in a town? Is it because everyone would go ape shit and shoot at anything(like it is NOW) ? Is it because the servers can't handle 60 players and 60 AR's shooting? Is it to let the player feel left out and scared to get killed? 

What would happen if weapons was easy to find? I can assure you that most likely it would be 100% better and fun than it is now. If everyone had a fully geared AKM or M4 or SVD would that mean they would go on a killing spree... I highly doubt it. No, what would happen is players would start looking at building communities, bases, cars. Gearing up and eventually have base wars and taking over other bases etc. 

You need to cater to the masses weather you like it or not. You elite players need to understand this aswell or you will run around on empty servers, wishing there were some KOS'ers to fight. 

For you "elitist" that been here since game preview started, know that changes have been made to make it more casual and easy. No matter how much you scream about it, changes have been done. It's inevitable... 

Here are some examples:

Did we spawn with a soda, a fruit and a stone the first few months? Nope. 

Did we have an in-game map the first months? Nope. 

Was it this easy to find mp5's the first months? Nope... Police car spawnables. 

You might not like it, but most of the player base does. And for this game to grow in popularity, increase income and be succesful... Changes have to be made. 

So i truly hope we get to see locked character servers, 1st and 3rd person servers, more weapon loot servers.... And even TDM servers. 

Duplicating is destroying this game because the developers ignore the casual players. The whole community gets punished and the "elitist" are narrow minded and just think about themself. 

I doubt this game will be populated and fun by Q3 2019.

There really is no room for a Casual player in a Hardcore-Survival game. The terms are mutually exclusive. Speak for yourself instead of for all console gamers.

• Beans 2

43 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

The end game is to look for an M4

Not for me....not anymore.  I find the sporadic SKS, and I'm fine with that.  I came to the conclusion that unless they lock the servers, duping will not get fixed.  The devs say that they don't want to upset players by locking characters to a particular server, but at the same time, they are losing players because of the exploits.  So, in reality, it's a wash.  A zero-sum balance.  So I don't know why they just don't take a couple dozen servers and lock them.  MY endgame is finding more tents.  Those things are more scarce than military grade weapons it seems.  I was fortunate to find one in the latrine of some barracks, and as far as the  weapons go, I have about a half dozen bases noted and I'll just steal them......I hope.

3 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

There really is no room for a Casual player in a Hardcore-Survival game. The terms are mutually exclusive. Speak for yourself instead of for all console gamers.

^^^Agreed. This isn't a casual game. It isn't a loot and shoot. Its survive with what you find. I kind of hope they leave those guns some kind of rare.  Was kind of dumb to run past freshies on the coast loaded down with M4s, AKs, and VSDs prior to 1.0. Too many people want to make this game about the Guns when that's no where near the intentions.  Wish they would release the bow, I would probably use it more than anything.

I understand the frustration and agree duping should be addressed and fixed, my hopes are it would have been by now, but its not, so..oh well. No one needs those gund to survive and enjoy them game.  If you feel you do then maybe it's not for those people.  Plenty of other guns that are just as good if not better depending on the situation.  Personally I cannot understand why every "has to have" the M4 or AK.  I don't even bother with them and really didnt much before 1.0.  9 out of 10 times between my shotgun and bolt rifle/SKS, I'll take out the guy with the M4 or AK.  The shotgun puts them down. Any of the bolt actions or SKS will take them out in 1 to 2 hits with good placement. 

Edited by CNTRCTKILLER
Typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CNTRCTKILLER said:

^^^Agreed. This isn't a casual game. It isn't a loot and shoot. Its survive with what you find. I kind of hope they leave those guns some kind of rare.  Was kind of dumb to run past freshies on the coast loaded down with M4s, AKs, and VSDs prior to 1.0. Too many people want to make this game about the Guns when that's no where near the intentions.  Wish they would release the bow, I would probably use it more than anything.

I understand the frustration and agree duping should be addressed and fixed, my hopes are it would have been by now, but its not, so..oh well. No one needs those gund to survive and enjoy them game.  If you feel you do then maybe it's not for those people.  Plenty of other guns that are just as good if not better depending on the situation.  Personally I cannot understand why every "has to have" the M4 or AK.  I don't even bother with them and really didnt much before 1.0.  9 out of 10 times between my shotgun and bolt rifle/SKS, I'll take out the guy with the M4 or AK.  The shotgun puts them down. Any of the bolt actions or SKS will take them out in 1 to 2 hits with good placement. 

I see what you're saying, now imagine it was shotty and and bolt rifle/SKS that was being duped.

Just saying, eryone has a weapon preference. It just sucks for those who want and or like the guns that are being duped to extinction.

6 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

Strange.... Can't recall that i said i speak for all console gamers. 

If you want to run around and find loads of guns play  pubg

We are aware that there are currently some issues with finding certain weapons. The team is looking into this and the duping exploits connected to it.

On the other point, we are proud of our roots as an unforgiving authentic survival game. We intend to follow that line, while also trying to keep the game accessible for new players.

We believe that certain items are supposed to be rare to give value and create rivalry as well as objects of value in the game.

• Thanks 3
  • Beans 2

11 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Console players will NEVER be or play a game like PC players. Most of us want everything right away, preferably with a huge red waypoint showing where it can be found. What this does is destroying a game to the point that it's not fun at all.

4 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Strange.... Can't recall that i said i speak for all console gamers. 

It was right between the anecdotes and the griping.

5 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

It was right between the anecdotes and the griping.

You fail to see my argument. 

Will not bother. 

On 5/5/2019 at 4:40 PM, bent.toe said:

What would happen if weapons was easy to find? I can assure you that most likely it would be 100% better and fun than it is now.

Weapons ARE easy to find, just not the ones you want.  I still find shottys, Mosins, and SKS's all over the place.  I will not dispute the fact that it IS frustrating....."MY KINGDOM FOR AN AK", but in a zombie apocalypse, ANY gun is golden.  Us unfortunate ones that are left with the shottys, Mosins, and SKS's just have to play smarter, and pray that the hoarders (dupers) are bad shots.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 5:40 PM, bent.toe said:

I give up... Really. 

The end game is to look for an M4. Not to build a car and have a small community in a happy built base.

This weekend i met and talked to over 20 players online, they all had one common intrest. To find an M4. 

I died 4 times by KOS's. Tried talking but nope... BAM! *searching corpse for M4*

We, the community and paying customers, have plead on these forums, on twitter, on reddit to fix the duping problem since patch 1.0.

What do we get? New weapons, odd controls, even more broken vehicles, 2 hour days and 1 hour nights, more bugs, gas mask and cosmetic nonsense. 

What i heard from players and read on the internet is not wanting a new weapon or a gas mask. Nope... what i've read is we want duping to be fixed, RNG to be fixed, custom controls, rendering and fps stabilization, stat tracking and so on. How on earth can you add stuff when the core game is broken? 

I watched a stream on mixer where a pretty popular xbox streamer stod inside a camp with 4-5 watchtowers, walls and 8+ tents full of weapons. That is cheating and exploting glitches. He should be banned. 

Console players will NEVER be or play a game like PC players. Most of us want everything right away, preferably with a huge red waypoint showing where it can be found. What this does is destroying a game to the point that it's not fun at all. In this case duplicating. 

Why not separate the players? You did this with FPP vs TPP servers. Why not add more casual servers with weapons and ammo replacing 50% of the unneccesary clothes scattered all over. Or have locked character servers? 

If you can’t fix the problem, try atleast to work around it. 

You could do so much more and could have, these two last patches to make us more happy. But i'm 100% certain that you DON'T listen to the community. 

If we stop to think about it for 1 sec... why do military weapons, or any weapon, need to be rare? Is it to prevent a massiv shoot out with 60 players in a town? Is it because everyone would go ape shit and shoot at anything(like it is NOW) ? Is it because the servers can't handle 60 players and 60 AR's shooting? Is it to let the player feel left out and scared to get killed? 

What would happen if weapons was easy to find? I can assure you that most likely it would be 100% better and fun than it is now. If everyone had a fully geared AKM or M4 or SVD would that mean they would go on a killing spree... I highly doubt it. No, what would happen is players would start looking at building communities, bases, cars. Gearing up and eventually have base wars and taking over other bases etc. 

You need to cater to the masses weather you like it or not. You elite players need to understand this aswell or you will run around on empty servers, wishing there were some KOS'ers to fight. 

For you "elitist" that been here since game preview started, know that changes have been made to make it more casual and easy. No matter how much you scream about it, changes have been done. It's inevitable... 

Here are some examples:

Did we spawn with a soda, a fruit and a stone the first few months? Nope. 

Did we have an in-game map the first months? Nope. 

Was it this easy to find mp5's the first months? Nope... Police car spawnables. 

You might not like it, but most of the player base does. And for this game to grow in popularity, increase income and be succesful... Changes have to be made. 

So i truly hope we get to see locked character servers, 1st and 3rd person servers, more weapon loot servers.... And even TDM servers. 

Duplicating is destroying this game because the developers ignore the casual players. The whole community gets punished and the "elitist" are narrow minded and just think about themself. 

I doubt this game will be populated and fun by Q3 2019.

Easy solution: add more m4s to the game at military bases. Less of a reason to dupe. Problem is that they blame it on duping (which is an issue), but really most people I know that have duped have only started to dupe once the m4 became impossible to find. The lack have weapons has forced even more people to dupe because spending 3 weeks trying to find one and failing is just absurd. Legit just add more m4s to the game. Who cares if everyone has an assault rifle. The game is based in modern times and the map has military bases all over the place. Realistically, everyone would have one of the weapons anyone if it was real life scenario. Plus, it would make the game and firefights even more intense and risky.

Everyone says "lock the servers". I understand but that's a horrible idea as well. So someone stuck on a small server that wants more action now has to start on a new server with a fresh character? F that. And not everyone has the time to play at night either. Night time takes much longer due to the inability to see. Cant light a flashlight cause that's just a recipe for death. And for people that work all day and might just have time to hop on and play for a little bit may not want to wait an hour just got the sun to come up on their server.

I know... So i just went back to BF V and the wonderful ww2 setting. 

3 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Easy solution: add more m4s to the game at military bases. Less of a reason to dupe. Problem is that they blame it on duping (which is an issue), but really most people I know that have duped have only started to dupe once the m4 became impossible to find. The lack have weapons has forced even more people to dupe because spending 3 weeks trying to find one and failing is just absurd. Legit just add more m4s to the game. Who cares if everyone has an assault rifle. The game is based in modern times and the map has military bases all over the place. Realistically, everyone would have one of the weapons anyone if it was real life scenario. Plus, it would make the game and firefights even more intense and risky.

Everyone says "lock the servers". I understand but that's a horrible idea as well. So someone stuck on a small server that wants more action now has to start on a new server with a fresh character? F that. And not everyone has the time to play at night either. Night time takes much longer due to the inability to see. Cant light a flashlight cause that's just a recipe for death. And for people that work all day and might just have time to hop on and play for a little bit may not want to wait an hour just got the sun to come up on their server.

You have no idea. Honestly, you sound like a cod kid. 

Don't bother replying. Putting you in the 'Ignore' bag with Pilgrim.

• Confused 1

Sign in to follow this