Jake Blake

Unrealistic nighttime/Forced to go loud on a survival

I'm going to try and break this down in a way that everybody can understand where I'm coming from.

NIGHTTIME:

Why is it that night time lasts almost as long as the day cycle? Also why can't I see anything except for this crazy blue light that my body is emitting within a 20 ft radius?

Before the latest update I thought the night time was perfect, able to still see within reason and definitely useful for evading enemies. Now it's like how nighttime used to be when it was only on a 10-minute cycle but they decided to throw in about an hour and a half of it, oh and now you have a blue light emitting from your body apparently. Guess we are all Radioactive... I'm sorry but there is Moonlight and starlight for a reason. Also the human eyes adjust to Darkness within reason. This is not within reason, this is ridiculous!

FORCED TO GO LOUD:

I don't quite understand the aspect of this game, it's a survival game yet it forces you and every action you do to be way louder then necessary. You telling me a suppressor gets ruined after 30 shots? I don't fuc'n think so! Also why are we forced to wear shoes when the audio from wearing shoes sounds like a goddamn tank rolling down a dirt road? This is unacceptable in my opinion. Give us some quieter shoe options if you're going to force us to wear shoes. Let's not even get into the audio output from eating a can of peaches LOL what am I chewing on, gravel over an intercom? And wow the reloading is SOO EFFING LOUD!! 

I love this game but what they are doing to it is really off-putting. Agree to disagree, the game is not getting better. I'll never again have high hopes for a new update. 

I've played this game from pretty much the beginning, and now.. I'm just heartbroken... 

Edited by Jake Blake
Additional information
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

There's not a lot they've changed when people have been complaining. I loved the night before 1.02 I couldn't wait to play the night back then! I'm not saying the night is bad now but it's definitely not the best. The game looks beautiful with a light source now  to be honest.

Hell, they've still not changed the leaning system to be suited for everyone, a lot of people can't properly use it at the current state.

We are no testers anymore, not sure that we ever were. Better just to shut up.

1 hour ago, nikoor said:

Better just to shut up.

This is never the way to go.

Bitching and complaining gets results. We need more people bitching and complaining tbh.

Then again, this is BI we're talking about so nvm...

Not that’s the sort of bitching you mean but it will probably have them same result

Day is 2 hours, night is 1 hour...

The cycle is completely reasonable, but you are right. It is too dark now and reverting back to 1.01 nighttime would be a good change. 

Bigger concern for me personally is that they fix duping. It has ruined the spawn rates of the better weapons to practically nonexistent. The only hope if getting an AR is from a stash or killing someone with one.

Heck, I can't even find USG45s anymore...

Edited by Anyeurysm
Spelling

I agree its too long, but the darkness is good in my opinion. You used to be able to just turn up your brightness and essentially bypass the night. Plus most people I've played with could hardly see in 1.01, meanwhile the other half are "bypassing" the night.. Atleast now everybody essentially sees the same thing for the most part. I think everyone would be happy if they made night 30 minuites, dont plan ahead you might end up having to navigate through the darkness, unlike now where unless you want to sit at a camp for an hour, your forced to move through the night cuz its so long (or switch servers). I personally love the darkness especially because its truly dark and people can't bypass it, being forced to play through an hour of pitch black isn't good gameplay though, its just too much. However lower the night cycle to 30 mins you now offer players different playstyles, Camp through the night, find a building to post up in, or continue traveling through the night. Where right now night just lasts so long it doesn't make sense to even stay on the server. 1.01 night was manageable but most people could exploit the night time by turning up their brightness and everyone had different results so i feel like a 30 min night cycle with the darkness of 1.02 brings things back to a manageable spot while keeping it authentic as possible. Thoughts?

Edited by Robzom11
stuff
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Anyeurysm said:

Day is 2 hours, night is 1 hour...

The cycle is completely reasonable, but you are right. It is too dark now and reverting back to 1.01 nighttime would be a good change. 

Bigger concern for me personally is that they fix duping. It has ruined the spawn rates of the better weapons to practically nonexistent. The only hope if getting an AR is from a stash or killing someone with one.

Heck, I can't even find USG45s anymore...

I keep seeing people bring up duping. But I have substantially tested this and posted in the bug reports previously, all of the ways that I've known about are now fixed because of the forced exit timer. 

Negative ghost rider. They are not. It takes 1 min and 48 seconds to dupe. Exit timer means nothing. 

If anyone starts posting instructions on how to exploit, I'll kick their signature up their inbox.

Friendly warning.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, Max Planck said:

If anyone starts posting instructions on how to exploit, I'll kick their signature up their inbox.

Friendly warning.

Anyone that wants to learn will find the info...

How about we use that energy to pressure the devs to fix it?

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, Max Planck said:

Friendly warning.

I say let them, honestly bro this shit needs attention. How else to get it then to blow up the forums.. 

18 hours ago, Jake Blake said:

I keep seeing people bring up duping. But I have substantially tested this and posted in the bug reports previously, all of the ways that I've known about are now fixed because of the forced exit timer. 

Takes a 30 sec search on youtube to see that duping is still relivent

Never played before 1.02, but the night is dark and full of terrors.

The night is pitch black as it ought to be with humanity not spewing out light pollution at night after the Zombie outbreak.

I personally think all server day/night cycles should be synced so we have to deal with it, rather than server hop to find a daytime one.

Game has terminal cancer and is dying unless drastic changes/reverts are made, not to mention the lost cause of porting to xbox... The implemented night time anti gamma speckely nonsense is shyt, especially when playing at 3440x1440 on a 35" monitor with gtx1080... noises are over exaggerated... fluidity of gameplay and mechanics is too restrictive, stamina, encumbrance, no inventory while running etc.. I have given this game well over 3000hrs of intense gameplay since mid 0.50 ish and I am so disappointed at what it is now, from its direction before, it deviated grossly from what its meant to be, All the excuses under the sun from the devs for why this is, is just a load of crap, I stopped playing as a result of darkness being unplayable,  I used to farking really enjoy the dark god dammit!, now its just a colored wash of specks and dots over my screen that farks with my eyes and I cant bear the pain of blurriness and teariness it causes as a result of it, the noises are unrealistic and makes one feel like no matter how hard you try to be quiet, they rigged the game in a way so you fail everytime, Id throw another 10k hours at this game if things were changed to reflect its former self of all the good parts it had, no bullshyt I would. I miss the game that this used to be, now it is only a empty shell of its former self, Thats why players are dropping off, Thats why many players are upset at how it is now, Devs dont sit back and wonder why cause you know why and its only denial and ignorance that is preventing you from understanding this, The game was great, but not now, The game can still redeem itself and be the game we all knew, its down to you, the devs to look past your denial's and ignorance's and return the game, rebuilt, revamped and cleaned up to represent how we felt for it before this waywardness overshadowed it. I will always play it on PC only because its primarily a PC game IMHO. We can all only hope the right decision is made on these aspects of issues I and many others have shed light on. "I stand on my own side and observe and report, for those within do not see from my perspective and should not undermine ones comments of condition on the fact."

On 5/10/2019 at 12:03 AM, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Game has terminal cancer and is dying unless drastic changes/reverts are made, not to mention the lost cause of porting to xbox... The implemented night time anti gamma speckely nonsense is shyt, especially when playing at 3440x1440 on a 35" monitor with gtx1080... noises are over exaggerated... fluidity of gameplay and mechanics is too restrictive, stamina, encumbrance, no inventory while running etc.. I have given this game well over 3000hrs of intense gameplay since mid 0.50 ish and I am so disappointed at what it is now, from its direction before, it deviated grossly from what its meant to be, All the excuses under the sun from the devs for why this is, is just a load of crap, I stopped playing as a result of darkness being unplayable,  I used to farking really enjoy the dark god dammit!, now its just a colored wash of specks and dots over my screen that farks with my eyes and I cant bear the pain of blurriness and teariness it causes as a result of it, the noises are unrealistic and makes one feel like no matter how hard you try to be quiet, they rigged the game in a way so you fail everytime, Id throw another 10k hours at this game if things were changed to reflect its former self of all the good parts it had, no bullshyt I would. I miss the game that this used to be, now it is only a empty shell of its former self, Thats why players are dropping off, Thats why many players are upset at how it is now, Devs dont sit back and wonder why cause you know why and its only denial and ignorance that is preventing you from understanding this, The game was great, but not now, The game can still redeem itself and be the game we all knew, its down to you, the devs to look past your denial's and ignorance's and return the game, rebuilt, revamped and cleaned up to represent how we felt for it before this waywardness overshadowed it. I will always play it on PC only because its primarily a PC game IMHO. We can all only hope the right decision is made on these aspects of issues I and many others have shed light on. "I stand on my own side and observe and report, for those within do not see from my perspective and should not undermine ones comments of condition on the fact."

Does the darkness prevent you from complaining in the wrong section of the forums too? For you’re on PC and complaining about performance in the Xbox section. I’m a new player on Xbox and yeah the game is buggy, and needs further development, but it’s not a lost cause being ported — in fact, it’s the opposite. They will gain much more market for the game by being on console. Allot of people that never played on PC, like myself, are now enjoying the game on console.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 10:41 PM, RussianReavers said:

Never played before 1.02, but the night is dark and full of terrors.

The night is pitch black as it ought to be with humanity not spewing out light pollution at night after the Zombie outbreak.

I personally think all server day/night cycles should be synced so we have to deal with it, rather than server hop to find a daytime one.

Absolutely right.

All servers should be syched at night. There's a whole different set of challenges required to survive at night. This is a survial game and a lot of the survival elements still need to be reintroduced so an hour of night added so much. 

Do I raid that mil base or cross the runway of NWAF under the cover of darkness to save me hiking the long all the way around during the day?

Do I reorganise my camp and cook all that raw meat?

Will someone see my campfire and bump me off?

Darkness has cought me by surprise and now I have to sneak through all off Novo wondering if those footsteps are creeping players or shuffling zombies.

People who complain about the long night and log off need to get some balls or play a different game.

Dayz is a hardcore survival game. I swear most people whinning and bleating on this board seem to think it's a game about running to a miltary base and finding an assault rifle 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

Does the darkness prevent you from complaining in the wrong section of the forums too? For you’re on PC and complaining about performance in the Xbox section. I’m a new player on Xbox and yeah the game is buggy, and needs further development, but it’s not a lost cause being ported — in fact, it’s the opposite. They will gain much more market for the game by being on console. Allot of people that never played on PC, like myself, are now enjoying the game on console.

Im sorry to hurt your console feelings and yes intelligence points for noticing I posted in the wrong section, but still my comments stand true for either platform, So my post is still valid, this game is meant to be played on a PC with the many keybindings it has, not squashed down into maybe 10 keybinds overlapping for the controller, maybe you should of spent your money on a PC and not a console?, I "seen the light" years ago and left console to the children, I pity those who are not children and are still mentally trapped by the notion consoles rein supreme over PC, as my children left them also when they turned 15yo... here is where the conversation forwards for the game,

Creative criticism is the only way to ensure even and liberal understanding and action.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

5 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Im sorry to hurt your console feelings and yes intelligence points for noticing I posted in the wrong section, but still my comments stand true for either platform, So my post is still valid, this game is meant to be played on a PC with the many keybindings it has, not squashed down into maybe 10 keybinds overlapping for the controller, maybe you should of spent your money on a PC and not a console?, I "seen the light" years ago and left console to the children, I pity those who are not children and are still mentally trapped by the notion consoles rein supreme over PC, as my children left them also when they turned 15yo... here is where the conversation forwards for the game,

Creative criticism is the only way to ensure even and liberal understanding and action.

There’s no need for pity, nor did you hurt anyone’s feelings. The gaming industry is primarily consoles not gaming PCs. I did the exact opposite of you, I had built $5K gaming PCs back when 3DFX Voodoo cards existed, then they went belly up selling their tech to NVidea and Apple.

I stuck around for a few more years using ATI’s or NVidea cards, but when Xbox was released I jumped ship from building gaming PCs. The constant money-pit they were wasn’t worth it, a new game releases and you gotta upgrade direct x, get more ram, buy a new chipset or graphics card — nearly every year.

Xbox offered a gaming PC in a box, a system optimized for gaming that wasn’t PS — a proper successor to Sega’s Dreamcast, which was awesome but they lost too much market share after the failed Saturn, so Xbox has been my go to.

Xbox has mouse & keyboard support so you can play that way if you desire.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

There’s no need for pity, nor did you hurt anyone’s feelings. The gaming industry is primarily consoles not gaming PCs. I did the exact opposite of you, I had built $5K gaming PCs back when 3DFX Voodoo cards existed, then they went belly up selling their tech to NVidea and Apple.

I stuck around for a few more years using ATI’s or NVidea cards, but when Xbox was released I jumped ship from building gaming PCs. The constant money-pit they were wasn’t worth it, a new game releases and you gotta upgrade direct x, get more ram, buy a new chipset or graphics card — nearly every year.

Xbox offered a gaming PC in a box, a system optimized for gaming that wasn’t PS — a proper successor to Sega’s Dreamcast, which was awesome but they lost too much market share after the failed Saturn, so Xbox has been my go to.

Xbox has mouse & keyboard support so you can play that way if you desire.

Wow voodoo cards.. what did you play duke nukem and doom? 5k these days will get you a hella beast of a PC that will last 5-10yrs easy when looked after and still play games better then a console, the gaming industry is making the games using beast PC's primarily for a younger generation teens and younger, Ive had all consoles up to xbox one and ps4, started with ataris, lynx etc and super nes, segas, sony ps, i was just a kid then and now I run a beefy PC that is well getting old 5+yrs but still plays games sweet like Star Citizen eg.. running a gtx1080 and 16gb ddr3, trust me I only have pity because adults on consoles are missing out or they just cant be bothered, either way if they wish to be trapped or held down by minority tech its each to their own, I just leave consoles to young children really as they cant build a PC thats all,  though it wont be quite the same playing with a keyboard and mouse on a console,.. ugh that just dont feel right, like watching an animal take a shit kinda weird.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

1 hour ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Wow voodoo cards.. what did you play duke nukem and doom? 5k these days will get you a hella beast of a PC that will last 5-10yrs easy when looked after and still play games better then a console, the gaming industry is making the games using beast PC's primarily for a younger generation teens and younger, Ive had all consoles up to xbox one and ps4, started with ataris, lynx etc and super nes, segas, sony ps, i was just a kid then and now I run a beefy PC that is well getting old 5+yrs but still plays games sweet like Star Citizen eg.. running a gtx1080 and 16gb ddr3, trust me I only have pity because adults on consoles are missing out or they just cant be bothered, either way if they wish to be trapped or held down by minority tech its each to their own, I just leave consoles to young children really as they cant build a PC thats all,  though it wont be quite the same playing with a keyboard and mouse on a console,.. ugh that just dont feel right, like watching an animal take a shit kinda weird.

Sometimes, having a console instead of a pc isn't laziness. After you have paid your mortgage, bills and clothed and fed your children, there isn't 5k left to buy the beefy pc you rate so highly. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

35 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Sometimes, having a console instead of a pc isn't laziness. After you have paid your mortgage, bills and clothed and fed your children, there isn't 5k left to buy the beefy pc you rate so highly. 

I understand completely, I really do, I only have what I have because I never let go of the determination for it, Yes it maybe stressful, but such is life, I learnt to do many things myself and saved a small fortune that I didnt really have to start off with, I have a family with 3 children a shit tonne of bills and well no mortgage and I barely make ends meet on a weekly basis but I never spent anywhere near 5k for my PC, back in 2014 when I built it I only spent maybe 2k if that on it over a period of 8 months or so to get all the bits and pieces and built it myself over a period of a week or so in my free time, anything is possible when you set your mind to it, Thats what Ive learnt, and a small army will make it their mission to keep you from thinking for yourself as long as you pay them to do it cos in their minds you are only the drone ant of sorts and they want you to do as they say and pay cos they "know" better, Thats how bad the world is now even though their is lots of good left in it still, In essence I frown on consoles today as it distracts and addicts the shit out of young peoples minds, and they grow up that way always being distracted from the real world and in their own world at 30yo with parents that are still too busy to spend time with them, I see it all the time, not to mention how people are with smart phones... omfg, which is why I dont own one. There are not enough pages on the internet to type it all out as it never ending, infinite, But I guarantee you their will be a troll for every word we type for them to comment on but we might of just made their day. Do what you gotta do but do it wisely I say.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

4 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

3DFX killed themselves.

Back in that day, you really didnt need to spend 5k on a pc,

My pc cost less than 1k in 2002 that was still good in 2009 playing crysis (with graphics cards updates, last card was a 780ti)

graphics cards updating yes

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

.. You can but you really dont need to spend this kind of money on a pc even in this day. You can spec & self build a pc for a lot less than £800 to play games at a very high quality. I still have my 2009 pc that will play any game relatively easily, so you can pick up second hand parts and build something really cheap.

here is a link to a reddit that goes into details re pc/console better than I ever could . .

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

Edited by aux7

3 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Wow voodoo cards.. what did you play duke nukem and doom? 5k these days will get you a hella beast of a PC that will last 5-10yrs easy when looked after and still play games better then a console, the gaming industry is making the games using beast PC's primarily for a younger generation teens and younger, Ive had all consoles up to xbox one and ps4, started with ataris, lynx etc and super nes, segas, sony ps, i was just a kid then and now I run a beefy PC that is well getting old 5+yrs but still plays games sweet like Star Citizen eg.. running a gtx1080 and 16gb ddr3, trust me I only have pity because adults on consoles are missing out or they just cant be bothered, either way if they wish to be trapped or held down by minority tech its each to their own, I just leave consoles to young children really as they cant build a PC thats all,  though it wont be quite the same playing with a keyboard and mouse on a console,.. ugh that just dont feel right, like watching an animal take a shit 

I had a gaming pc years ago but now have kids and bills to pay. It was great to get games and play them on ultra setting. 

My xbox x plays games that look incredible now. Dayz and far cry 5 look absolutely stunning and the gap in quality isn't what it used to be.

Plus all my friends who I hang out in real life all play xbox

Only thing I miss is RTS games 

Anyway back to night time opinions anyone?

Edited by awalsh47