thag

Is this game officialy dead ?

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I'm not saying that it's easy to live solely off of fruit and mushrooms (with all that running from tree to tree), but it's definitely doable. I think those two sources of food were removed altogether from DUG servers for exactly that reason. Add an occasional chicken (a kind of food which actively tries to attract you from a distance) and your belly is full in no time.

That's exactly why we removed them. There's no trying to survive at all when food just magically appears at your feet. Though even with removing most of the canned food, all of the mushrooms & fruits, it's still way too easy to survive.

edit: Frankly, I wouldn't mind if the ambient spawning food never returns.

Edited by acewhittles

I'm just not sure why you all are so stuck on the "survival" element of the game. I personally think the hunger system as it is is fantastic. Maybe it could use some slight tweaking in the other direction to moderately ramp up the difficulty, but there is so much more to the game than trying not to starve.

This was honestly one of my biggest concerns for years. People want to turn this game into some kind of Dark Souls for scavenging and not dying of starvation. 

Really the main reason a lot of you are even complaining about this, in my opinion, is due largely because there is still a crap ton of content missing from the game after 5 years. 

There are plenty of other survival sims out there that are actually suited to such a gameplay. The thing that made this game initially successful from its inception was the P2P interaction, and the fact it had some zombies in it. 

Just my 2 cents.

• Beans 2

11 hours ago, DeatHTaX said:

I'm just not sure why you all are so stuck on the "survival" element of the game.

😄 We really could have a conversation about the importance of food gathering and processing and how much of the player's time it should take, considering various goals which the player can strive for (from "barely not starving" to "well-fed to the point where it should increase stamina and other stats"). But if you have trouble understanding why this survival game should be about survival if there are so many other survival games, I guess we won't have that conversation, after all.

And you hear it for the 5th time - if it takes that much effort for you just to barely stay alive, you're doing it wrong. Find a shovel, tell it "I'm sorry I ignored you so long" and use it properly to your advantage. That human metabolism runs much faster in this game has a flip side - everything works like that, from fracture healing to plant growing. Find a shovel and some seeds, use them together, reap the harvest within 10 minutes (the devs shortened it right now). You hate farming and find it boring - fine. Every second tree in a town drops a pear, find a tree and eat a fruit, how hard that can be?

• Beans 2

7 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

😄 We really could have a conversation about the importance of food gathering and processing and how much of the player's time it should take, considering various goals which the player can strive for (from "barely not starving" to "well-fed to the point where it should increase stamina and other stats"). But if you have trouble understanding why this survival game should be about survival if there are so many other survival games, I guess we won't have that conversation, after all.

And you hear it for the 5th time - if it takes that much effort for you just to barely stay alive, you're doing it wrong. Find a shovel, tell it "I'm sorry I ignored you so long" and use it properly to your advantage. That human metabolism runs much faster in this game has a flip side - everything works like that, from fracture healing to plant growing. Find a shovel and some seeds, use them together, reap the harvest within 10 minutes (the devs shortened it right now). You hate farming and find it boring - fine. Every second tree in a town drops a pear, find a tree and eat a fruit, how hard that can be?

I'm not quite sure what you were trying to communicate in this rant, but...shovels or something? Side note, you have to first FIND A SHOVEL in order to do anything you're talking about. You make it sound like they fall out of the sky. 

My point is I've been playing this game since launch. The development direction has shifted so many times I lost count. My point is I'm happy you dont die of starvation in a ridiculously short amount of time. My point is for some reason some people want this game to be a camping simulator and I'm not sure why.

I'm only clarifying these points because I really have no clue what you're trying to say.

23 hours ago, DeatHTaX said:

I'm just not sure why you all are so stuck on the "survival" element of the game. I personally think the hunger system as it is is fantastic. Maybe it could use some slight tweaking in the other direction to moderately ramp up the difficulty, but there is so much more to the game than trying not to starve.

This was honestly one of my biggest concerns for years. People want to turn this game into some kind of Dark Souls for scavenging and not dying of starvation. 

Really the main reason a lot of you are even complaining about this, in my opinion, is due largely because there is still a crap ton of content missing from the game after 5 years. 

There are plenty of other survival sims out there that are actually suited to such a gameplay. The thing that made this game initially successful from its inception was the P2P interaction, and the fact it had some zombies in it. 

Just my 2 cents.

DUG is hellbent on making the game very challenging because we find the vanilla game boring and far too easy. Not saying it's right for everyone, it's just how we like to play it is all.

• Beans 1

On 5/23/2019 at 7:46 PM, DeatHTaX said:

Side note, you have to first FIND A SHOVEL in order to do anything you're talking about. You make it sound like they fall out of the sky.

OK, now I'm legitimately curious. Can you provide the name (or type) of the server(s) that you play on? I'd like to check their loot distribution by myself. I promise to be as fair and impartial as possible, no snide or condescending remarks, etc. I just really want to know why our experience differs so much.

• Like 1

Survival shouldn’t be the main goal IMO when we have so many damn features missing still . 

These are Just some missing features from the ole’ Noggin that still need to be produced and put into game otherwise we paid for legit nothingness but what we’ve already seen in arma 2 dayz mod (or possibly even less):

barricading 

aerial vehicles

2 wheeled vehicles 

advanced medical system 

advanced soft skills (pilots , medics , combat experts etc) 

bears 

cannabis , alcohol , tobacco and their positive / negative effects 

Zombie hordes 

climbing (shown about a year ago)

shooting from vehicles (teased legit 2 years ago)

rearview mirrors (“coming soon to a chernarus near you” MY ASS)

Electrical repairing to reactivate town lights and substations (talked about a lot through the years) 

contaminated zones (where the hell are they Brian hicks??)

carrying a body and/or helping a limping person

Less than lethal weapons (thought they were all set and modeled 4 years ago , what happened?) 

diving under water (probably cut by now)

birds to hunt (probably also cut for good - I swear this was talked about and on many early-year roadmaps , only to disappear on one of the heavily disappointing roadmaps of yesteryear)

Namalsk map (like wtf) 

God there’s just so much to add (I’ve probably forgot some things too) and they have so very little time before we all go batshit ... what happened here ? Was it simply just a lust to push tons of copies that destroyed our well deserved beta and end of alpha which in turn created this Frankenstein mess of a game ? We were so close to finishing and now with all the feature cutting and manpower shifting from coding new features to building and advertising new clients (Xbox / ps4) we feel light years away from what dayz should be at its final state . 

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420

i havent play for a while but in this survival game you can eat whole cow raw...then puke a little...then eat 1 sheep raw...i mean whole sheep...puke.
eat 4 apples and take off your clothes and run in rain...no stomach problems at all.
medical system in dayz is...rags...
for me...i see one coming problem when game is fully released,what iits allready but i mean like for real.
i have almost 1000 hours about testing coldness mechanic,raw meat eating,falling from ladders,black face bug testing,white face bug,barrel stuck in hands,falling through ground,spawning under house,fireplace placing,farm plants persistence
i mean,when its fully released...im bored allready.
with dynamic seasons,fishing,bows,advanced cooking,birds,bears,coffee,candles,sanity, i would play for maybe another 1000 hours but dayz is never gonna reach in that place....maybe my fault,too high hopes

I started it up again, haven't seen it since the graphics changes but that UI, that 3 tab to eat beans... OH man its a temp thing right? go back to .48 please....

The night time? what horror factor was the devs referring too? Dying light has 100% more.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Beans 1

if someone can fix fish fillet to be eatable (right now you just vomit after eating), we can add fishnet to spawn, they're actually somehow works, and you can catch some fish. 

but am I the only one who feels mocked? I think it will be remembered as the most troubled game in history to say no more and be ban. 7 years of play .. I laugh. I see people just waiting for weapons vehicles and helicopters (children of 10 years old I guess) I don't want to mention names because they are offended, but maybe dayz is obviously oriented towards them. but how is it possible that there are guys who are doing mod with missions ai ! I emphasize missions ai, the construction, etc. etc. and these each time make a disaster to every patch.

I don’t think the game is dead, far from it, but I do think its changing and I think consoles have affected this.

(im also a xbox and PS4 player as well as my PC so im across all 3 formats)

Consoles tend to be (but not always!) younger players or more casual players that are sat on their bed or sofa and want to pick up a game, run around and shoot stuff, then log off and play something else. That’s why games like COD, fortnite etc are so popular and HUGE cash cows for publishers. They are easy to play, theres a grind but its got rewards for it etc. People here on the forum tend to be the more mature/adult players as they care enough to post about it but are a minority.

To provide much needed funds (games like Arma 3 cant keep a studio going forever) so they release it on console for the cash cow. They then hit a problem as Dayz doesn’t fit with the typical console players idea of a game. (the older, more mature console players that ‘get’ Dayz are rare). My 14 yr son and his mates fall into this and they have no interest in Dayz as they see it as boring. So to try and appease this important mass market, they start to alter the game mechanics. Its starts to become more PVP orientated and slowly the PVE and survival elements start to fade away.

To then save work/time for the devs, they align the updates across all 3 platforms and suddenly the original market of PC players find Dayz is no longer the game they had seen developing. Console players by their nature will have moved on when the next COD or fortnite update gets realeased or they get bored before then and the cash cow starts to disappear.

That’s when the devs need to pull another rabbit from the hat or the game falls into the ‘not financially viable’ bracket. I know they can do it as Arma3 is like a game that never dies. It keeps getting refreshed and has a huge following, even after all these years. Maybe it’s the DLC that keeps people coming back while at the same time generating funds for the next development. Maybe that’s the way Dayz needs to go?

• Beans 1

they should write Sorry we made fun of you. now we only deal with milking consoles. it will be a survival game but a pvp for children

hey should give me back my money. here they have distorted the game. I repeat . it's like buying an apple and then I find myself a pear ... incredible

Edited by MATTEO M

3 hours ago, MATTEO M said:

they should write Sorry we made fun of you. now we only deal with milking consoles. it will be a survival game but a pvp for children

hey should give me back my money. here they have distorted the game. I repeat . it's like buying an apple and then I find myself a pear ... incredible

i think that there is some survival update coming but when,weeks,months,years...we dont know