Sign in to follow this  
Nefay

no sense

hi i was playing an official server , i had a plate carry and a helm with visor , and someone knock me with 1 shot and i think it was behind the wall then he killed me , then when i respawned there was fully gear ppl at spawn points killing ppl , so they killed me 5 seconds after i spwaned, IS THERE ANY WAY TO REPORT THIS PPL?, when someone kills you in a strange way or when someone fully gear go to respawn points and kill fresh ppl ? , this is a nosense to me 

8 minutes ago, Nefay said:

hi i was playing an official server , i had a plate carry and a helm with visor , and someone knock me with 1 shot and i think it was behind the wall then he killed me , then when i respawned there was fully gear ppl at spawn points killing ppl , so they killed me 5 seconds after i spwaned, IS THERE ANY WAY TO REPORT THIS PPL?, when someone kills you in a strange way or when someone fully gear go to respawn points and kill fresh ppl ? , this is a nosense to me 

Sorry bud... that's pretty much the game. 

People are bored so safe entertainment is getting a bunch of buddies together to go and kill fresh spawns in old and non-creative ways. 

Edited by eno

56 minutes ago, Nefay said:

Hit Shift+tab, under the friends box on the left side, click "view players"; take a screenshot, scroll down and take another, repeat until you have documented the whole list.

Save these to a separate file in a place of your convenience and choosing; label it "fuckery" or something to that effect. 
Do this every time this happens; you may need to create sub-folders to separate instances of fuckery by type, server, time and date, and location of the map.

Once you have built a sizeable database, you may cross-reference names on these lists to narrow down a list of likely suspects. Make a notepad file or google docs to share with your friends.  You may then use this knowledge to counter-troll these suspected lame-ass players in a manner of your choosing.

Some of the best fun I've had in DayZ has been acting in the capacity of a park ranger on official public servers.  If you play the same hours and stick to the same servers, you may eventually get to know the habits of your neighbors.
I find this to be a much more fun and rewarding angle of metagaming than the ubiquitous private server community dedicated discord meta of getting to know your neighbors.

If you're lucky, and put in the time, there is even the chance of finding the bases belonging to some bad actors, and perhaps you can leverage that into a truce.  Just be careful to not spill the beans, and let a gang of asswipes know the locations of bases that may not belong to them.
Be careful, and do good recon.  If possible, use a partner to scope out one of the suspected bases after you kill a group.  If you've put in some hours, and use stashes yourself, then you should know how long the run inland might take
If you only kill half the group or less, expect them to run back to meet their buddies to reclaim their better gear. If the suspected base is closer to spawn points than the incident killings location, perhaps expect them to run to the base and regear instead; especially if the survivors had more basic guns.

It's a bitch to pull off, and may take you weeks--and that's assuming that you have a group who sticks to one server.

If that's not the case....
Use the steam tools to see who logs off after you shoot them.
If you spot a suspicious group, and are planning to snipe, pull up the server list and snap your screens beforehand; if you see a number of players leave the server which corresponds to the number number of people you just killed, your cross-referencing just got some strong probable positives.  Take some snaps after the kills.

If you are lucky and skilled enough to get any of them to communicate via text (you can pretend you are having trouble hearing them during a stand-off to trick them into using text chat), and their name is anything other than Survivor(N), you can feed this name into the search bar at Dayzspy.com or another similarly functioning website, to get hits on which servers they frequent.  If they are official public server deathsquads, you might get a large number of hits.  Use common sense to narrow down their favorites by searching the in-game name every hour during the suspected players' playtimes. (keep in mind that players may change names both frequently or never, and ignore the dead-ends)
If you are lucky enough to get two or more in-game names that hit on the same dayzspy servers, and suspect a link to suspicious steam names you see logging off after you kill them, you have a strong chance at unraveling the sweater, so to speak.
You can then check these servers when you see a suspected bad-actor target log-off after you kill them, and pull up the steam list of players to see if anyone from your distillation of cross-referenced suspects is on the server.

The more confirmation evidence you have, the stronger the motivation to search every square acre of that server for bases.  Be smart about it.
If they are coastal killers, grid search the areas that are both easy to get to from spawns, and in between popular spawn-killing locations.
If you find two and kill both, get a good vantage point of the highest number of spawn locations/overwatch on coastal roads.  Watch for players making a beeline, and follow them.  Players who stick to the coastal roads and run all-out in the same direction, are likely going to meet a buddy they are talking to on TS/Disc.
You might get lucky.  If someone goes for apples and wells, and only hits about 1/3 or less of the houses in a village, you got a good candidate for a base runner.
They might use more buried stashes than hidden tents or barrels, so it is important to try to catch them on the respawn to get leverage/the perfect opportunity for the sweetest revenge.  If it's a consistently low-pop public server that they use to respawn, then the chances of a mother load mega-base go up a bit.

This takes a lot of determination, patience, and note-taking to pull off with any sizable chance of success. Your chances of success start to get more into the feasible range if you have a group of 4 well-organized players who can put in 4-6 hours during  the target time.

And you'll notice I made a lot of "IF" statements....

I just figured that if you were mad enough about it to make a forum post, then you were mad enough to try to do something about it.

Nobody is gonna wipe your nose for you.  The specific style of fuckery you described is fair play...  But now you at least have the tools to do something about it.

Knowledge is power.

Happy hunting.  Or helpy helping. Whatever; you get the point...  : ]

• Beans 2

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Hit Shift+tab, under the friends box on the left side, click "view players"; take a screenshot, scroll down and take another, repeat until you have documented the whole list.

Save these to a separate file in a place of your convenience and choosing; label it "fuckery" or something to that effect. 
Do this every time this happens; you may need to create sub-folders to separate instances of fuckery by type, server, time and date, and location of the map.

Once you have built a sizeable database, you may cross-reference names on these lists to narrow down a list of likely suspects. Make a notepad file or google docs to share with your friends.  You may then use this knowledge to counter-troll these suspected lame-ass players in a manner of your choosing.

Some of the best fun I've had in DayZ has been acting in the capacity of a park ranger on official public servers.  If you play the same hours and stick to the same servers, you may eventually get to know the habits of your neighbors.
I find this to be a much more fun and rewarding angle of metagaming than the ubiquitous private server community dedicated discord meta of getting to know your neighbors.

If you're lucky, and put in the time, there is even the chance of finding the bases belonging to some bad actors, and perhaps you can leverage that into a truce.  Just be careful to not spill the beans, and let a gang of asswipes know the locations of bases that may not belong to them.
Be careful, and do good recon.  If possible, use a partner to scope out one of the suspected bases after you kill a group.  If you've put in some hours, and use stashes yourself, then you should know how long the run inland might take
If you only kill half the group or less, expect them to run back to meet their buddies to reclaim their better gear. If the suspected base is closer to spawn points than the incident killings location, perhaps expect them to run to the base and regear instead; especially if the survivors had more basic guns.

It's a bitch to pull off, and may take you weeks--and that's assuming that you have a group who sticks to one server.

If that's not the case....
Use the steam tools to see who logs off after you shoot them.
If you spot a suspicious group, and are planning to snipe, pull up the server list and snap your screens beforehand; if you see a number of players leave the server which corresponds to the number number of people you just killed, your cross-referencing just got some strong probable positives.  Take some snaps after the kills.

If you are lucky and skilled enough to get any of them to communicate via text (you can pretend you are having trouble hearing them during a stand-off to trick them into using text chat), and their name is anything other than Survivor(N), you can feed this name into the search bar at Dayzspy.com or another similarly functioning website, to get hits on which servers they frequent.  If they are official public server deathsquads, you might get a large number of hits.  Use common sense to narrow down their favorites by searching the in-game name every hour during the suspected players' playtimes. (keep in mind that players may change names both frequently or never, and ignore the dead-ends)
If you are lucky enough to get two or more in-game names that hit on the same dayzspy servers, and suspect a link to suspicious steam names you see logging off after you kill them, you have a strong chance at unraveling the sweater, so to speak.
You can then check these servers when you see a suspected bad-actor target log-off after you kill them, and pull up the steam list of players to see if anyone from your distillation of cross-referenced suspects is on the server.

The more confirmation evidence you have, the stronger the motivation to search every square acre of that server for bases.  Be smart about it.
If they are coastal killers, grid search the areas that are both easy to get to from spawns, and in between popular spawn-killing locations.
If you find two and kill both, get a good vantage point of the highest number of spawn locations/overwatch on coastal roads.  Watch for players making a beeline, and follow them.  Players who stick to the coastal roads and run all-out in the same direction, are likely going to meet a buddy they are talking to on TS/Disc.
You might get lucky.  If someone goes for apples and wells, and only hits about 1/3 or less of the houses in a village, you got a good candidate for a base runner.
They might use more buried stashes than hidden tents or barrels, so it is important to try to catch them on the respawn to get leverage/the perfect opportunity for the sweetest revenge.  If it's a consistently low-pop public server that they use to respawn, then the chances of a mother load mega-base go up a bit.

This takes a lot of determination, patience, and note-taking to pull off with any sizable chance of success. Your chances of success start to get more into the feasible range if you have a group of 4 well-organized players who can put in 4-6 hours during  the target time.

And you'll notice I made a lot of "IF" statements....

I just figured that if you were mad enough about it to make a forum post, then you were mad enough to try to do something about it.

Nobody is gonna wipe your nose for you.  The specific style of fuckery you described is fair play...  But now you at least have the tools to do something about it.

Knowledge is power.

Happy hunting.  Or helpy helping. Whatever; you get the point...  : ]

You should play eve online

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nefay said:

IS THERE ANY WAY TO REPORT THIS PPL?, when someone kills you in a strange way

If you think an exploit was used to kill you "in a strange way" this is how to report it.

For complaining about how players act in the game - if they are not using an exploit or a cheat, then they are free to act as they feel. Many players act in many different ways. @emuthreat for instance has has acted as "a park ranger on official public servers" -  because that's the way he wants to play, not because he has to. @eno has - I think - a similar attitude.  These are NOT people who will wait around spawn points to shoot fresh spawns.. if they are around they are more likely to help fight against killers. If you don't try to kill THEM they will probably help you, and there are quite a few similar players.
There are all kinds of "militia" and "police" and "medics" and "helpers" and "communities" on DayZ - look around this forum and you will some of find them.

My own impression is if you log in to a high pop public server on Friday-Saturday night, you probably find a lot of players are there for PvP. Some servers are known for this. The PvP fans have stashes on other servers, if they get killed they log into their stash, gear up and come back to the high pop to PvP and get killed again.  
  So personally (being a loner pretty much)  I don't log in to public high pop at weekends. Medium is fine. If I do a high-pop it's because I'm out in the woods or away from the popular places. If I go near a mil spawn place it's because I'm looking for trouble. I don't go to loot, I take a sniper rifle and go overwatch for geared up players.
A fresh spawn who does not get under cover, or goes straight towards any place that has mil weapons and gear will die.

If you fresh-spawn, don't hang around. Make a run for the trees, get away from the coast and get away from ANY towns.. make yourself a stone knife and find water, carry 3 or 4 rags for bandages.. 

If you get shot as soon as you spawn, then spawn again.. second or third time you will get away to somewhere quiet where you can start from basics..

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 2