FearFokkol

Base full of duped gear

10 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

I understand your point 😁

No I have never duped gear and yes my buddy and I did swap out our SKS rifles for an LAR each, the other rifles that we server hopped and dropped were ruined first before we left using an extra mag we each took from the duped stash. 

And yes, I still have my LAR since then and pretty good with it on Dayz 😁

Maybe we should have taken more, maybe not, I think of it that even if they are more duped now, we will just find the bases and despawn all the duped gear "after upgrading ours ovecourse" until this is fixed, however I don't mind looting bases with just a 12G and a Tundra/Mosin, but as I said, I do understand your point here but it gives us something else to do other than to loot empty mil tents, build bases that can be access via server hopping etc.... Only thing else we can do on the game is hunt, gear up with whatever we find and go base hunting "duper bases" an trade/chat to other players and they sometimes join on the base raids etc... , legit bases we leave alone or trade 😁

Fair enough. And I hope you are able to keep your new weapon as long as possible. I play a more risky way I suppose which is why I'd prefer to have more. Me and my buddies try to assault camps and set ambushes. So always higher risk of dying 

Unfortunately the only response about this subject from ImpulZ was yesterday in the server removal thread, he stated that a fix for this issue won't drop for quite some time (heard that sentence for a few months already). Expect 1.03 patch to be hell at night time as all the little duper squads will have NVG's duped from day one so they stop spawning & they can camp all night killing freshies. DayZ has officially become DupZ 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

17 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Unfortunately the only response about this subject from ImpulZ was yesterday in the server removal thread, he stated that a fix for this issue won't drop for quite some time (heard that sentence for a few months already). Expect 1.03 patch to be hell at night time as all the little duper squads will have NVG's duped from day one so they stop spawning & they can camp all night killing freshies. DayZ has officially become DupZ 

Saw this post and showed it to my good buddy for his opinion. He works for a major game developer and is an absolute brain when it comes to game design and computer stuff. We also play dayz often together so he knows the game and what its about....

He gave an immediate correction to impulz. He said that it's not that a fix to this "issue" wont drop for some time, it's that it will simply never be fixed. Said there is no way to solve this. Other than locking the servers, (and that's a whole other conversation) this will always be a thing. 

Also said that he is unsure of why duping is still an issue because it's an easy fix and explained some computer wiz sciencey shit to me about it. Basically said that the duping issue would be a fairly easy fix and it baffles him how dayz devs cant figure it out.

Again, this isnt my opinion or personal thoughts here. I'm just mentioning what my buddy stated. Whether it's truly right or wrong I dont know but his background and knowledge is hard to discredit 

8 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Saw this post and showed it to my good buddy for his opinion. He works for a major game developer and is an absolute brain when it comes to game design and computer stuff. We also play dayz often together so he knows the game and what its about....

He gave an immediate correction to impulz. He said that it's not that a fix to this "issue" wont drop for some time, it's that it will simply never be fixed. Said there is no way to solve this. Other than locking the servers, (and that's a whole other conversation) this will always be a thing. 

Also said that he is unsure of why duping is still an issue because it's an easy fix and explained some computer wiz sciencey shit to me about it. Basically said that the duping issue would be a fairly easy fix and it baffles him how dayz devs cant figure it out.

Again, this isnt my opinion or personal thoughts here. I'm just mentioning what my buddy stated. Whether it's truly right or wrong I dont know but his background and knowledge is hard to discredit 

It’s very difficult to fix a problem like duping when all your time is taken up trying to add new cars and guns.

• Haha 3

On 5/17/2019 at 10:13 PM, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Why didnt you just server hop all of their shit into a new server and keep it for yourselves??? Or message the other players on the server one by one and start meeting up with them to hand out all this stuff for free or for trade even (although this would be risking dying). I would have atleast server hopped the gear to another server and build my own base or buried it all for myself. Might as well gain something from this.

You and your buddy took 2 LARs? You're gonna die and lose those and never see an LAR again until you magically find another duper to loot. 

You guys need to be smarter haha

So you are basically arguing that he should start duping his gear or start stock-piling immense amounts of duped weapons (which is the same, people are just bypassing a step and then they claim to be innocent as they "picked it up".

That is just letting someone else do the duping for you (same as duping it yourself, but easier and quicker) and it will only make the problem worse.

Take ALL that shit and the people who duped it will dupe it all again next day, so now there is double the amount of duped gear in circulation - real good solution to the problem lol.

To me you sound like a guy I met up with lately - he argued that it was okay for him to do the meatball-bug (turn everything but some of the clothing invisible so people can't see you very good) if he was suddenly up against more then one player.

Its like some people have the feeling that they deserve to win any fight they (stupidly) walk into no matter how bad decisions they took to get there and no matter how much better equipment, positions and tactics the enemy is using.

I usually hear this shit from 16 year olds who run around on the coast wearing gillies and SVD's, killing Bambis without saying a word and the calling it "banditing" (which it aint by any standards).

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but that is how I read your post - im just tired of people who play this game, run into a shitty situation without being equipped for it and still feels entitled to killing everyone in town using dupes and glitches because "they deserve it more then the other guy".

Makes me feel bad, meeh. 😕

On 5/19/2019 at 8:47 AM, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Im pretty convinced that all these people claiming that duping and whatnot could be solved by them easily and quick are either BS'ing or have waaaay to high confidence in their abilities.

If it was that easy then it would have been done by now, we are not talking about a bunch of 13-year olds sitting in their garage and hitting at stuff with hammers hoping that it will make it fit together better.

Its a massive game with a massive amount of functions - adding, changing or removing stuff will usually have consequenses that branch out in the most unexpected ways and people that are not involved in the making of the game dont see anything that goes on behind the curtain and then a lot of them mistakenly jumps to the conclusion that there is nothing going on and that they would be able to fix in in some hours.
IF he (or anyone) is that good then ask them to fix it (game-files can be downloaded to a pc via steam and DayZ is moddable as fuck on a PC) and sell the fix to BI for a mil or two.

Funny enough; no one has done it yet - just like all the people claiming to be Jesus have not been able to start any wine-making businesses (which should be fairly easy enough if the claim was true) or walked on any water.

Edited by Jonas Levin
Elaborating.
  • Like 1

The developers confirmed that fix for duping will take some time to reach it. So unfortunately we can expect to see a lack of night vision googles and VSSs in the 1.03 update because people will dupe the hell out of it.

It's SO hard to make a few locked servers as a test to acquire feedback from the community ? Locked servers are surelly a temporary solution for this, since your character will only exist there, pretty sure duping will not be possible or minimal in those servers, why Bohemia don't take this in consideration, something people are asking for months.

Please, PLEASE, we just want to play the game right and with no troubles, every day there are less and less players in the game because of that, we are concerned about this game's future because we love it, there are no other hardcore survival games on the platform besides this one.

Edited by MarczXD320
  • Like 2

As I see it it will NOT mean a lack of NV-goggles.

Are we lacking any of the heaviest weapons right now?

No, they are all over.

As it is right now it is 100 times easier to find an AR, SVD, LAR and other top-tier weapons and items as there are dupers wearing them and bases filled with them all over the map.

Getting the top-tier gear has never been easier - and that is without duping.

Keep your eyes open and your shot straight and you can be _fully_ geared in half an hour without ever seeing a military spawn point.

If you think its hard then start to NOT follow the roads through the forests and do some more sneaking around on populated areas on high-pop servers.

It makes absolutely _no_ sense to me when people say they aint seeing any AR's - the reason they aint spawning the usual places is that there is waaaay to many of them already on the map, so just go collect them!

Locked servers would be awesome yes!

And it does not have to be all of them, they could lock half of them (or whatever makes sense compared to how many starts using them vs the old ones) and let the other half be as normal so the people who are afraid of changes and losing their h4ckz0r-5k1ll5's and duping-power and just want to server-hop all over the place and into bases and whatnot.

• Confused 1

On 5/17/2019 at 9:13 PM, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Why didnt you just server hop all of their shit into a new server and keep it for yourselves??? Or message the other players on the server one by one and start meeting up with them to hand out all this stuff for free or for trade even (although this would be risking dying). I would have atleast server hopped the gear to another server and build my own base or buried it all for myself. Might as well gain something from this.

You and your buddy took 2 LARs? You're gonna die and lose those and never see an LAR again until you magically find another duper to loot. 

You guys need to be smarter haha

Not sure you get what duping does to a server.....