FearFokkol

Base full of duped gear

I came across a base today, very well built but managed to break the lower in the wall and went in for a snoop inside, but was VERY surprised at what was there, duping is really a very big issue currently on DayZ Xbox.

4x Medium Tents,

19 x LAR Rifles with ghillie wrap and atog - Complete with full mag in each

7 x M4 Rifles with ghillie wrap and atog and suppressed - Complete with full mag in each

4 x KAM Rifles with ghillie wrap and scope and suppressed - complete with full mag in each

4 x SG5 Rifles with atog and suppressed - complete with full mag in each

Alot of Ammo boxes full of 556 grouped into 20rnd bundles

Alot of LAR magazines full of ammo and 308 boxed ammo

Red Backpackers bags laying about in the camp and Hunters backpacks.

Plenty of 762.39 ammo in the tents and Mil backpacks , scopes, atog etc....

No food, no clothing just Military weapons and ammo in the tents

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This is not such an oddity these days. My friend and I changed our gameplay to seeking and looting these instead of visiting high risk areas like military bases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GolemNo9 said:

You should have destroyed everything there 

Already done, my buddy and I exchanged our SKS's for a LAR each with two mags, the other stuff we pulled out of the tents and dropped them in the surrounding area, the remaining LAR's, M4's including ammo and ammo boxes we server hopped and dropped them in the bushes.

The tents we dismantled and also server hopped and dropped :)

Edited by FearFokkol
spelling
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 3

For obvious duped bases you need to call it out on the forum.

I know there is a bann on this but if it's base as duped as this with 20 plus Lars then come on. It has to be duped

Gg. But just as tip for the next time or when u a bit more in a rush : put what u can in the storage of the the tents. Shoot the tent till itz ruind and leaf the area so it despawns with everything inside 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

I know there is a bann on this but if it's base as duped as this with 20 plus Lars then come on. It has to be duped

Yeah but the thing is  from all the ppl that  then gonna get there to "destroy everything" at least every second or third Person would fill there own pockets an upgrade there gear before they deastroy the rest. 

On 5/2/2019 at 12:11 AM, awalsh47 said:

Yeah I was thinking of posting the location and server, but its not allowed.

Duping is really fu$%ing this game up for ALOT of players that just want to play their own style (pvp, survival, base building etc...) and loot the way the game was designed , if duping was actually fixed, there would be Plenty of all types of weapons, ammo etc.. available no matter the play style.

My opinion is that the sooner BI & Xbox address the duping issues, the better the loot economy would work regardless of weapon class.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:14 AM, Neophyter said:

Gg. But just as tip for the next time or when u a bit more in a rush : put what u can in the storage of the the tents. Shoot the tent till itz ruind and leaf the area so it despawns with everything inside 👍

I didn't know this, will definitely do this next time as its was quite a long process to get everything out the tents etc...

the tents or bases we find that look legit we will leave, possibly add to it if we have something to add, but the one's that are obviously duped, going to despawn everything then possibly camp there and try to deal with the suspect/s :)

• Like 1

Also, I noticed that on the back of the SKS, there is a serial number, are these all the same number on these, possibly devs could look at adding a unique serial number to each and every item as mentioned before as all these items in the CLE are listed in Item tables on a database, so no Item can spawn or item is removed/deleted by the CLE/Server if there are duplicate serial numbers in the DB tables of each item.

@ImpulZ is this something that dev's could possibly do to curb duping?

Guess what needs to be added is ownership of storage items that can be locked, with a limit on how many you can own. Only items in the storage boxes you own stay, and once its full that's your limit. Anything you try hoard outside your personal storage containers simply despawns as soon as you log off that server. An item ownership system like this would remove the duping issue from the game entirely and open up the possibility for trading etc. 

36 minutes ago, M00nfly said:

Guess what needs to be added is ownership of storage items that can be locked, with a limit on how many you can own. Only items in the storage boxes you own stay, and once its full that's your limit. Anything you try hoard outside your personal storage containers simply despawns as soon as you log off that server. An item ownership system like this would remove the duping issue from the game entirely and open up the possibility for trading etc. 

Good idea but that would be a huge inventory overhaul... We need to push the devs to change half of the public servers to character locked servers... And if there isnt enough to do that relocate the ones they took from us back to xbox... Simple as that, would fix the hoping, duping, and ghosting all in one whack while the toxic players can dupe and kill bambis till their hearts content in the remaining public servers

• Like 2

There are duping groups on facebook with more than 500 members in it, the situation in this game is dire

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, GolemNo9 said:

We need a complete wipe of all servers 

That will fix it for one day, either they need to put the spawn rates back to where it was before the 1.01 update or fix duping all together... There wasnt an issue with finding ARs and tents before the update... Im all for having these spawns be rare but there was massive duping before the update as well, at least make it a fair fight for the people that play the game legit... The heli spawns are messed up due to the duping already... First 2 days of update found 2 LARs, an M4 and 2 VSDs at a combined 4 heli crashes.... The last 6 ive been to have not had a gun on them... Can only suspect the same algorythm has been applied to heli spawned guns as far as only so many being on the map at once...closed servers, full wipe, thats the only way to get this game to where it should be on the xbox, as it stands now its just a massive BR with shotty mechanics and no winner

Edited by PondjectsKilla

Why didnt you just server hop all of their shit into a new server and keep it for yourselves??? Or message the other players on the server one by one and start meeting up with them to hand out all this stuff for free or for trade even (although this would be risking dying). I would have atleast server hopped the gear to another server and build my own base or buried it all for myself. Might as well gain something from this.

You and your buddy took 2 LARs? You're gonna die and lose those and never see an LAR again until you magically find another duper to loot. 

You guys need to be smarter haha

Edited by Porcelain_Punisher
  • Beans 1

On 5/3/2019 at 5:48 PM, PondjectsKilla said:

That will fix it for one day, either they need to put the spawn rates back to where it was before the 1.01 update or fix duping all together... There wasnt an issue with finding ARs and tents before the update... Im all for having these spawns be rare but there was massive duping before the update as well, at least make it a fair fight for the people that play the game legit... The heli spawns are messed up due to the duping already... First 2 days of update found 2 LARs, an M4 and 2 VSDs at a combined 4 heli crashes.... The last 6 ive been to have not had a gun on them... Can only suspect the same algorythm has been applied to heli spawned guns as far as only so many being on the map at once...closed servers, full wipe, thats the only way to get this game to where it should be on the xbox, as it stands now its just a massive BR with shotty mechanics and no winner

Thank you. Someone with common sense and logic. I say up the spawn rate as well until duping is completely fixed. Who cares if everyone has a m4 or ak. It's a game based in modern time anyway, that would be more realistic then everyone having a shotgun or sk only. 

I dont agree that these weapons should be "rare". Maybe keep them only at military bases but definitely not rare. I found 8 lockpicks last week and my buddy found 5 (and we weren't even looking). Yet we've been searching nonstop for weeks to find an m4 or ak and we only found 1 ruined m4 on a dead guy we killed and gutted

4 minutes ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Why didnt you just server hop all of their shit into a new server and keep it for yourselves??? Or message the other players on the server one by one and start meeting up with them to hand out all this stuff for free or for trade even (although this would be risking dying). I would have atleast server hopped the gear to another server and build my own base or buried it all for myself. Might as well gain something from this.

You and your buddy took 2 LARs? You're gonna die and lose those and never see an LAR again until you magically find another duper to loot. 

You guys need to be smarter haha

It’s not a matter of being “smarter” about it. They were being honorable by only taking what they needed before destroying everything.

The whole point was to remove the duped gear so new items could spawn in as intended, not spread it out onto the server some more...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nayte said:

It’s not a matter of being “smarter” about it. They were being honorable by only taking what they needed before destroying everything.

The whole point was to remove the duped gear so new items could spawn in as intended, not spread it out onto the server some more...

"Honorable" lol

Is the OP a duper? Has he ever duped? Did he dupe to get the weapons? If not then he or she is honorable enough. Should have taken more then just one due to how hard it is to find the stuff to begin with. Cause right now, hes gonna die and probably never find it again. Destroying that stuff did not help anyone. It's just going to be picked up and duped again and back at square 1. Yes, maybe not spread it out to others. I was thinking to be fair and give everyone a gun since they are all probably looking for one too but I suppose that is a bad idea because those people will dupe too. 

I also hate to say this, but I would bet my money that the majority of dayz gamers have duped by now. Forum rooms typically make up and extremely minuscule number of a games total population. Alot of us on here may not dupe but we are also the minority of the dayz community. So keep that in mind when you say "destroy it and let it respawn" because it's highly likely to get found and duped anyway. Might as well be the have rather than the have not and just keep the guns for yourself to use and have fun with. Shit, take a few and go find gun fights and die a few times. Practice your pvp, atleast you wont have to worry about losing precious gear when you die. 

Just make absolutely nonsense to just destroy it all. None

2 minutes ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

"Honorable" lol

Is the OP a duper? Has he ever duped? Did he dupe to get the weapons? If not then he or she is honorable enough. Should have taken more then just one due to how hard it is to find the stuff to begin with. Cause right now, hes gonna die and probably never find it again. Destroying that stuff did not help anyone. It's just going to be picked up and duped again and back at square 1. Yes, maybe not spread it out to others. I was thinking to be fair and give everyone a gun since they are all probably looking for one too but I suppose that is a bad idea because those people will dupe too. 

I also hate to say this, but I would bet my money that the majority of dayz gamers have duped by now. Forum rooms typically make up and extremely minuscule number of a games total population. Alot of us on here may not dupe but we are also the minority of the dayz community. So keep that in mind when you say "destroy it and let it respawn" because it's highly likely to get found and duped anyway. Might as well be the have rather than the have not and just keep the guns for yourself to use and have fun with. Shit, take a few and go find gun fights and die a few times. Practice your pvp, atleast you wont have to worry about losing precious gear when you die. 

It’s fine if you don’t agree with their rationale, but to suggest they aren’t being smart about it is disingenuous. 

Its also pure speculation that someone who may come across that item when it re-spawns is going to duplicate it. I’ll speculate that a new player will find it and have a ton of fun with it while they can..

54 minutes ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

"Honorable" lol

I understand your point 😁

No I have never duped gear and yes my buddy and I did swap out our SKS rifles for an LAR each, the other rifles that we server hopped and dropped were ruined first before we left using an extra mag we each took from the duped stash. 

And yes, I still have my LAR since then and pretty good with it on Dayz 😁

Maybe we should have taken more, maybe not, I think of it that even if they are more duped now, we will just find the bases and despawn all the duped gear "after upgrading ours ovecourse" until this is fixed, however I don't mind looting bases with just a 12G and a Tundra/Mosin, but as I said, I do understand your point here but it gives us something else to do other than to loot empty mil tents, build bases that can be access via server hopping etc.... Only thing else we can do on the game is hunt, gear up with whatever we find and go base hunting "duper bases" an trade/chat to other players and they sometimes join on the base raids etc... , legit bases we leave alone or trade 😁