Sign in to follow this  
Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig

Stash help

So i burried 2 stashes under some trees, but now i cant dig them up without cutting down the tree, but EVERYTIME dig them up the tree always falls onto the stash, does every tree only ever fall the same way or something? If so i guess maybe my stash is screwed i had a suppressed ghillie wrapped night vis ak, the second ak ive ever found too so this sucks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

So i burried 2 stashes under some trees, but now i cant dig them up without cutting down the tree, but EVERYTIME dig them up the tree always falls onto the stash, does every tree only ever fall the same way or something? If so i guess maybe my stash is screwed i had a suppressed ghillie wrapped night vis ak, the second ak ive ever found too so this sucks

Maybe you could park a vehicle where the tree falls to prop it up

On 5/1/2019 at 2:22 AM, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

EVERYTIME dig them up the tree always falls onto the stash

when you start to dig up the stash the tree falls on it ?

2 hours ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

No its buried so close to the tree that i have to cut the tree down, but everytime i do, the tree falls on it

Interesting:

You SURE there's no way of crawling all around with a shovel and looking from ALL the strange stange angles you can think of (take your time) to try and pick up the marker tag ??..

Ive put barrels in trees and stuff in bushes.. you can crawl around from strange directions and sometimes (often) if you try all directions you at last get a little white flash that means you just for a fraction saw the tag.. go back around that area with your eyes millimeter by millimeter and you can find it.. This is useful for instance to put barrels in trees (drop them in in the tree, they stick off the ground in the branches)  - folk passing by think they are stuck forever out-of-play there, but YOU known because you have put in the cunning time, that just from one certain angle (becauze you already know), often crouched down underneath the barrel for insatance) you can spend half a minute and find the tag to open the barrel..

that mainly works

to get stuff out that is stuck in trees or bushes you just cut down the tree or the bush.. IF you still cant get it out, then cut up the wood.  that works. Some folk say it doesn't but I say it does.

So maybe AFTER you cut the tree down AND cut it up you ALSO have to crawl around with your spade in all possible ways until you find a quick flash of the tag for digging up the stash. it may be there somewhere, just takes time to make sure (and if you really WANT that stuff)? Frankly Ive never bothered burying stashes myself.
I prefer to hide seachests under water -  but just enough so that the waves falling back just show one corner of the sea chest sticking out.. THEN you can pick up on the tag and open it.. BUT when the wave rises again its invisible and the tag vanishes again..Its a good place to hide a seachest.; in some rocks in a shallow bit of sea. No one ever looks there.

[sigh]  - if none of the thread suggestions work even after trying your best and being cunning, then just write it down to experience and never bury a stash UNDER a tree again. Bury the stash exactly between two trees you can use as a marjer.. or maybe five paces from a rock you recognise, ya know.. ??

And say-  if you've been practicing with cutting down the tree and every time it falls the same way ??hmm ..

( 1 ) maybe  bury your stash on the OTHER SIDE of the tree??

( 2 ) But  SERIOUSLY - How LONG does it take a tree to respawn?
I'd like to know that.

Enjoy  = Live and learn

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

( 2 ) But  SERIOUSLY - How LONG does it take a tree to respawn?
I'd like to know that.

trees respawn on server restart

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Yeah trees respawn on server reset or losing connection to host, also ive tried for hours theres no angle sadly

Wheres it at? Ill go try it out for ya 😜

10 hours ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Yeah trees respawn on server reset or losing connection to host, also ive tried for hours theres no angle sadly

The reason I never bother with burying stashes is - how do you know they're still there ? If you cant pick up the tag then how do you know the stash is there?
Server restart - you go back to your tent or your barrel  (or your fort ! )  and its GONE.... sheeeeeeeeet !!
But at least you know it's gone.
If you cant find your buried stash marker.. how do you know the stash is still there ?

Edited by pilgrim*
??

15 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

The reason I never bother with burying stashes is - how do you know they're still there ? If you cant pick up the tag then how do you know the stash is there?
Server restart - you go back to your tent or your barrel  (or your fort ! )  and its GONE.... sheeeeeeeeet !!
But at least you know it's gone.
If you cant find your buried stash marker.. how do you know the stash is still there ?

I can always find them again, i pin them on my map on the app, tents and barrels get raided too easily imo

15 minutes ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

I can always find them again, i pin them on my map on the app, tents and barrels get raided too easily imo

I meant how do you find the place were you get the message to dig up the stash ?

With a barrel - unless you get the on-screen option "open barrel" then you cant open the barrel even if you can see it
with a buried stash- unless you get the on screen message to dig up the stash, you cant dig it up..

But a barrel,for instance -  you can SEE if the barrel is there or not.. you see it on your screen with your eyes
you cant SEE a buried stash.. you can only search for the place where you get the onscreen message to dig it up.
If you never find that MESSAGE option onscreen  - then you never know if the stash is there or gone.. maybe someone dug it up ten minutes after you buried it, or it didn't spawn (it vanished) at the last reset?

Most stashes - like tents or barrels or seachests - you can sEE if they are still there BEFORE you get the option to look inside them. If they are GONE, you can crawl and jump around as much as you like, you wont ever get the option to interact with that stash.. because it's not there anymore..

just asking how you consider with that possibility .. Do you get a message to tell you THIS is where to dig.. ??

yes every sort of stash gets raided easily  - AND sometimes stashes vanish without any reason..  You SURE your stash is still where you buried it ?

(that's all.. just a question, no prob).

12 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

I meant how do you find the place were you get the message to dig up the stash ?

With a barrel - unless you get the on-screen option "open barrel" then you cant open the barrel even if you can see it
with a buried stash- unless you get the on screen message to dig up the stash, you cant dig it up..

But a barrel,for instance -  you can SEE if the barrel is there or not.. you see it on your screen with your eyes
you cant SEE a buried stash.. you can only search for the place where you get the onscreen message to dig it up.
If you never find that MESSAGE option onscreen  - then you never know if the stash is there or gone.. maybe someone dug it up ten minutes after you buried it, or it didn't spawn (it vanished) at the last reset?

Most stashes - like tents or barrels or seachests - you can sEE if they are still there BEFORE you get the option to look inside them. If they are GONE, you can crawl and jump around as much as you like, you wont ever get the option to interact with that stash.. because it's not there anymore..

just asking how you consider with that possibility .. Do you get a message to tell you THIS is where to dig.. ??

yes every sort of stash gets raided easily  - AND sometimes stashes vanish without any reason..  You SURE your stash is still where you buried it ?

(that's all.. just a question, no prob).

I’m not 100% sure about barrels - but I’ve buried drybag backpacks in the dirt before, I was collecting car parts to build a nearby ADA and buried them behind a house in the dirt halfway between the car and a garage close by. When I buried the bags it had a small plot of soil that was a different color and broken up similar to a garden plot. It was very easy to come back and find when I knew what to look for, and you would only get the prompt to “dig up drybag” if you had a shovel equipped and looked at it - otherwise it wouldn’t show and unless you knew what to look for you’d probably pass right by it. I’m sure it may be the same for all other buried items.

yup, it looks the same (kind of mini garden plot) for pots and boxes, didn't tried with sea chest yet bu I guess it's similar

5 hours ago, wh1skey_ said:

I’m not 100% sure about barrels - but I’ve buried drybag backpacks in the dirt before, I was collecting car parts to build a nearby ADA and buried them behind a house in the dirt halfway between the car and a garage close by. When I buried the bags it had a small plot of soil that was a different color and broken up similar to a garden plot. It was very easy to come back and find when I knew what to look for, and you would only get the prompt to “dig up drybag” if you had a shovel equipped and looked at it - otherwise it wouldn’t show and unless you knew what to look for you’d probably pass right by it. I’m sure it may be the same for all other buried items.

You can bury stuff without the plots. Any light source at night will reveal the stash from few feet away as a giant shadow a feet  above the ground. A knife will also prompt "dig up". Just what I've found out.

Edited by nikoor

2 hours ago, nikoor said:

You can bury stuff without the plots. Any light source at night will reveal the stash from few feet away as a giant shadow a feet  above the ground. A knife will also prompt "dig up". Just what I've found out.

Yeah but plots are so small, especially if bury them in the middle of like nowhere theres a near impossible chance someone will find them, like my stashes i can no longer access, theyre quite literally never gonna come along them, thats the only reason i prefer stashes because they are much easier to hide

2 minutes ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Yeah but plots are so small, especially if bury them in the middle of like nowhere theres a near impossible chance someone will find them, like my stashes i can no longer access, theyre quite literally never gonna come along them, thats the only reason i prefer stashes because they are much easier to hide

True. I've been gathering car parts at elektro for the past week and before realizing how to bury items without the plots the town looked like there was a serious vole problem going on. 

Sign in to follow this