FearFokkol

Animal Pelts

I just wanted to get some feedback from other players if they use the animal pelts or if they can be used currently in the game?

I’ve used the boar skin to make an improvised backpack. It gave me a very woodsman look, pretty nice actually.

I haven’t tried using any other animal pelts though.

From what I’ve read about earlier pc builds, there was a time when you could tan the pelts to make leather clothes.

I’m guessing we’ll see that at some point.

5 hours ago, Nayte said:

I’ve used the boar skin to make an improvised backpack. It gave me a very woodsman look, pretty nice actually.

I haven’t tried using any other animal pelts though.

From what I’ve read about earlier pc builds, there was a time when you could tan the pelts to make leather clothes.

I’m guessing we’ll see that at some point.

That is correct, and thats the main purpos for pelts. U turn it in to  taned leather and that u can use to craft a Varieté of leather clothes. Look at the dayZ Wiki there u can see all the things u can craft with it. We have all the componends in the game but as far iam aware of the mechanic itself to turn a pelt into leather is not implemented so far. 

Yep leather crafting will be reimplemented at somepoint. But currently to craft the furry backpack you combine boar skin with rope (rope can be crafted by combining two stacks of six rags also) then combine the smaller furry courier bag that this creates with three short sticks (interact with bush with a knife & get a long stick, interact with that stick with a knife to craft three short sticks). The bag must be empty before you combine with the three sticks. It's final carry capacity is 42 & is very low profile, naturally coloured and harder to spot as well as allowing you to fully look behind yourself in FPP. Hope this helps 

• Like 3